I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have experience using the Marriott App to improve their check in experience? I just got an email from them saying I should use the app for my upcoming stay. Apparently it says I can do mobile check in and they will send me a room ready text. I don't know if it's worth it or not. Thoughts anyone?

Does anyone have experience using the Marriott App to improve their check in experience? I just got an email from them saying I should use the app for my upcoming stay. Apparently it says I can do mobile check in and they will send me a room ready text. I don't know if it's worth it or not. Thoughts anyone?
I don't have experience with Marriott, but I love the Hyatt app. Check in, room key, requests, and check out all on the app. I've had stays where I never had to go to the front desk.

So fares that are less than $100 will be covered? Is the process just to book the flight with the Plat card and it will be credited so long as the fare is less than $100?

Correct, although since it is technically not reimbursable it could change at any time.

I don't have experience with Marriott, but I love the Hyatt app. Check in, room key, requests, and check out all on the app. I've had stays where I never had to go to the front desk.
That sounds good!! I downloaded the Marriott app but, so far, I have not been able to enter my reservation number. It keeps getting rejected, maybe because I booked it through Chase travel? I guess it won't work for me on this trip. Maybe next time, lol.

I saw this posted on r/churning but I know nothing about United so you guys need to tell me if this is big news, good news, bad news, or nothing... 🤣

New Chase United Offers:
United Business Card
  • 75K miles with $5K/3mo
  • $99 AF waived 1st year
United Explorer Card
  • 40K miles with $2K/3mo. Plus, an additional 25K miles with $10K/6mo
  • $95 AF waived 1st year
United Club Infinite Card
  • 75K miles with $3K/3mo
  • $525 AF not waived

I saw this posted on r/churning but I know nothing about United so you guys need to tell me if this is big news, good news, bad news, or nothing... 🤣

New Chase United Offers:
United Business Card
  • 75K miles with $5K/3mo
  • $99 AF waived 1st year
United Explorer Card
  • 40K miles with $2K/3mo. Plus, an additional 25K miles with $10K/6mo
  • $95 AF waived 1st year
United Club Infinite Card
  • 75K miles with $3K/3mo
  • $525 AF not waived
URs transfer directly to United so I am trying to the perk. A little less spend than a CIC.

That sounds good!! I downloaded the Marriott app but, so far, I have not been able to enter my reservation number. It keeps getting rejected, maybe because I booked it through Chase travel? I guess it won't work for me on this trip. Maybe next time, lol.
I think you need to call Chase for the Marriott reservation number or you could call Marriott and they can locate it and add it to your Marriott account.

My 3 year old fell off her bed. I picked her up, put her in bed and she went right back to sleep.
I can’t fall asleep so instead I’m online checking my Amex offers🙄

Have a new staples offer on Marriott Biz and BBP
Spend $100 get $25

Added it to Marriott card since I am still working on MSR for BBP.

I use the Hilton one every stay. I get to choose my exact room and check in a day ahead of time. I can go straight to my room. Once I even had the opportunity to have actual keys waiting in the room for me so I didn't even have to go to the desk for that. It looks like I'll make Hilton Gold in April and very well may make Diamond this year.

I am happy to report that UR's from my 1/29 Motley Fool purchases posted overnight last night. I was successful with 4 accounts - 2 of these were from a CIC and Freedom that used the same SSN. The other two were through DW's Freedom and DD's Freedom. The AmEx offers credited a long time ago.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?
I was just looking at my P2 chase account online. He is currently 1/24 and has a CSP. It says that he is pre approved for a freedom flex and also a freedom unlimited, does that mean that there won’t be a credit pull if is he is preapproved? I ask this because his credit is frozen, so will need to unfreeze if there is a pull. I was thinking of having him PC to one of them in June when he is at one year, but was thinking have him apply for and get one now and then PC for the other one. They both look similar. Any advantage of one versus the other?

Hello all! I posted elsewhere and it was recommended to also post here. I really do love credit cards lol. I have a great credit score and pay my balances in full. I'm definitely interested in maximizing points, cash back, etc. I would say we put about $2,000 on credit cards/month.

In the last 24 months,

I have opened the AMEX hilton surpass and Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards.

I also just got approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred!

We are visiting Orlando in November.

The plan is to use my Ultimate Rewards to book a room at Loews Royal Pacific so we can get 2 days worth of express passes.

Then 2 nights at cabana bay. How should I pay for this portion?

We will then spend 3 nights at the doubletree disney springs using my hilton surpass points.
Yes, we are staying at 3 hotels!

I have disney gift cards to pay for the tickets. What is the best way to pay for the universal tickets?

I am also slightly interested in the citi premiere. Someone suggested to open that one too, but I'm worried about too many AFs. How bad is it to open, use rewards, and cancel cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter