I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good business card that has good rewards. Or personal card but will be used for business purposes.

Not looking for a card to meet the spend limit just looking for something that will give us overall good rewards.

Prefer hotel or anything like chase UR points that can be used to book anything or just cash back.

Currently at 5/24 with chase until August then 3 cards fall off by end of year. Have not applied for a business card in over 2 years.

Ok, all of this HI has made me decide to call an audible and surprise DS with a trip to Oahu for his Spring Break/14th birthday instead of going to Key West. Debating between 2 nights at The Royal Hawaiian (I have stayed here before for work many years ago and while the location is great, the rooms were really tired) and 5 nights at HHV or 7 nights at HHV. Any thoughts? The room will be on points.

We’ll position to and from the West Coast to get to HI so we lose 2 days there. We’ll use points for our flights.

I am excited to make this happen! But feel like of crazy since it is only 3 weeks away.
Yay! I just booked our spring break flights! I hate switching hotels, so I vote 7 nights at HHV. We stayed there last year and while it is a big resort, it was very well maintained, good staff, clean, lots of food option, nice pools (no lazy river though). Very central. I has teh Hilton Aspire (highest one) and used the resort credits to cover parking and some meals.

How did you like HHV? I am planning a trip for June 2022 and want to stay at HHV for 2-3 days when we first get to Oahu. The reviews seem don’t seem very good. (Then there are reviews that people love it) We are a family of 5 and I want to be on the beach so our options are limited.

I am also looking at Embassy Suites in Waikiki. The location seems nice being closer to shops and restaurants but it’s not directly on the beach. We have little kids so being on the beach is so much easier plus I think they will like the pools at HHV🤷‍♀️
I just replied to @Alexel2007 above - we had a very positive experience. I would DEFINITELY stay there on the beach over a place closer to shops (we did walk to Dukes on the main shopping area one night - lovely walk). We stayed in a regular tower, nothing fancy. We did get upgraded to a suite (total fluke, apparently not the norm), and it was nice having the extra room for the kids to play when they woke up at 4:30 a.m. the first day.

We are going for a shorter trip this year and have DVC points to use or lose (or move o RCI - which we already did with some last year), so we are doing the whole trip at Aulani, but I would stay at HHV again. Last year we used our 5 nights at HHV as a home base while we did day trips on the East side of the Island. We had 4 nights at Aulani and mainly stayed at the resort except for one afternoon excursion.

Last edited:
Does anyone else feel like they are the only one not going to Hawaii.:charac2::rotfl:

Nope, been there 3 times so I'm good unless it's to Kauai or the big island, maybe lanai or Molokai but there's too many other places I'd rather go. Now I am wishing for somewhere warm and think I'll finally do a long weekend in AZ for spring training next year March, not that it helps warm me up this year, but I also need to stop saying some day and just go. Assuming there's a season and the CBA gets sorted for next year, ok so maybe 2023 :rotfl2: :confused3

Those who applied for CIC/CIU and didn’t get instantly approved - how long did it take you to find out if you were approved (or not), and how did you find out? The Chase status line being out of commission is killing me!!
I was denied for CIC. Notified 5 days after application. Only notification was in the “statements/documents, notices and letters” section in my account online. I’m going to bite the bullet and call recon tomorrow. I’ll report back.

National Parks people, is 8 days reasonable for Washington's 3 NPs?

I've been searching high and low for the perfect itinerary to hit all 3 parks but have come up empty.

I've been searching high and low for the perfect itinerary to hit all 3 parks but have come up empty.

Olympic, Rainier and? I know I should know our other one but I don't. Are you only doing the parks and what are your plans at the parks? Also when are you looking to go?

Nightmare that I'm wondering is related to the posts I've been seeing here yesterday and today re: Southwest: I was in the middle of looking up/booking flights to Orlando for 5/1 and the prices jumped hundreds of dollars while I was in the middle of it. Has this ever happened to anyone? Are those prices locked in now, do you think, or could they go down again? :(
So, I just looked and basically all the date for the free change window have been increased tremendously. It appears that SW has found a way to keep people from booking cheap flights then changing them.
Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 8.53.40 PM.png[/QUOTE]

Olympic, Rainier and? I know I should know our other one but I don't. Are you only doing the parks and what are your plans at the parks? Also when are you looking to go?
Northern Cascades.

We would like to do 2 days in Seattle, at the beginning and end.
I would love to spend 2 days at Olympic. I have several places I would like to see there.
And just a hike or 2 at the other 2 NPs, just want to get our passport stamps.
But the drives between parks are soooo long that I feel like we need to spend more than a day at each place.

Looking at 4th of July week.

we did Mr Rainier and Olympic in 2019. 3 nights in Mt Rainier, staying at Paradise. 4 nights for Olympic and the area around Port Angeles Including a day for whale watching. 2 nights in Forks (Hoh Rain forest and Beaches). Driving from SeaTac to Mt Rainier took most of the day after our flight. Also driving between Mt Rainier and Olympic took 1/2 a day. We didn’t go to Cascades.

I think it depends on how much you want to do. I read someone‘s trip report where they did Olympic in a day. That would not work for my family’s traveling style.

We loved the parks we did. I liked Mr Rainier the best. It was great staying at Paradise Inn and waking up and seeing the mountain. Have a good time.

Northern Cascades.

We would like to do 2 days in Seattle, at the beginning and end.
I would love to spend 2 days at Olympic. I have several places I would like to see there.
And just a hike or 2 at the other 2 NPs, just want to get our passport stamps.
But the drives between parks are soooo long that I feel like we need to spend more than a day at each place.

Looking at 4th of July week.
Make sure you come back and tell us about your trip! I was planning a WA NP week prior to our Alaska cruise that was cancelled last year. It's definitely a trip I want to reschedule!

Question - Is the free night certificate with $15k spend on the Hilton Surpass no longer a thing? We did it last year, but I can't find any info about it this year.

Nightmare that I'm wondering is related to the posts I've been seeing here yesterday and today re: Southwest: I was in the middle of looking up/booking flights to Orlando for 5/1 and the prices jumped hundreds of dollars while I was in the middle of it. Has this ever happened to anyone? Are those prices locked in now, do you think, or could they go down again? :(
Funny, I had that happen too as I was booking my flights to HI. I was like what the heck! I know I just saw $143 and now it’s $667.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter