I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen any good deals on Sam’s memberships recently? I thought I had awhile to go on my membership, but it expires March 7. I’m planning to let that one end and open a new membership under a different email.
I have support on the MISC thread of DISchurners. Nothing for me, but something for you, as I recall.

ETA: Looks like @happ found a better deal

Do Bank of America BIZ cards count against */24?
I'm at 4/24 until next year, and Chase still seems hit-or-miss with their Biz approvals.
Amex is also inviting me for a Plat Biz, but I'm not sure what the end-game would be with that in a year, and fear pissing off the RAT if I cancel then.

You have to call to PC from a Freedom to a CSR, right? Also what is the CL that's required? I have a 12K CL on my Freedom, that enough?
I'm so hesitant to do this because of the $550 fee, but I keep going over it and it seems to make the most sense.
The $300 credit will be gone in a flash. I can spend that just driving by a grocery store. My 12 year old will need TSA precheck soon. We're going to rent a car in Naples so the CSR will save me the insurance. And buying my flight through the Chase portal with the CSR will save me points over using points from the CF. And no question we'll use the $60 door dash credit.
Why am I so reluctant to just do this!
Why not apply for the CSR? Then you get the SUB (unless you’ve gotten another Sapphire SUB in the last 48 months?)

Why would you want to lower your credit limit? Is having too much a bad thing? What is the range where you want to stay?

Why would you want to lower your credit limit? Is having too much a bad thing? What is the range where you want to stay?
Having too much open CL could bring denials with certain issuers. For example, I like to keep my Chase combined CLs at < 30% of my household income. Others may say they're ok up to 40% but often denials will come if you get above 50%.

If you get off of the churning topic, people will be concerned about CL reductions and impairment of credit scores - but that seems immaterial to most churners since we aren't carrying balances and so a CL reduction rarely will affect our utilization (or if it does, as soon as you payoff your card balances it bounces right back).

The biggest downside is that banks will typically only want to offer you so much credit across all products. For example, Chase will only extend you total credit of roughly half your income, or a total of $75k, whichever is higher. So if your credit limits push up against this you might be denied for additional cards

Has anyone seen any good deals on Sam’s memberships recently? I thought I had awhile to go on my membership, but it expires March 7. I’m planning to let that one end and open a new membership under a different email.

I saw one for $45 in grocery credit in my Val Pak envelop just this morning and I handed to older daughter when she came by. I've noticed the same offer each month.

Edit: I called in to cancel the membership I set up for younger daughter last year. I was making sure it didn't automatically get charged a second year. They offered to extend the membership free for 6 months.

Edit: I called in to cancel the membership I set up for younger daughter last year. I was making sure it didn't automatically get charged a second year. They offered to extend the membership free for 6 months.
Definitely make sure your Sam's membership doesn't auto renew! I thought I had set it up to not renew as soon as we got the card, but we were charged the auto renew. It took me 4 months and 3 phone calls to get the $45 back. The 3rd guy I talked to did say it should not have taken that long to get my money back.

Does anyone know if buying miles would be reimbursable by the Amex Gold airline credit (Hawaiian). We need a few more miles to get a second one of our flights free!

Also - Hawaiian sent us all upgrades to their Gold Level. Total surprise to us because we've only flown them once! But it was a small nudge in our discussion of booking an Aulani trip, so I guess their marketing works!
Check the Flyertalk Forum for American Express. Best resource I've found. They have threads for each airline and reimbursements.

BBVA, Discover, US Bank unauthorized transactions occurring. DoC link to story, DoC updated it saying it's more widespread than thought and comments have added US Bank and Discover to the mix although the bulk still appears to be BBVA.

If you haven't already make sure you have transaction alerts for the lowest dollar amount possible set up on EVERY debit and credit card you have. Sure it's annoying, but you'll get used to it and it just might save your bacon someday- especially if you dabble in business cards as consumer protection laws regarding unauthorized transactions are not as strong on business cards as they are personal cards.

BBVA, Discover, US Bank unauthorized transactions occurring. DoC link to story, DoC updated it saying it's more widespread than thought and comments have added US Bank and Discover to the mix although the bulk still appears to be BBVA.

If you haven't already make sure you have transaction alerts for the lowest dollar amount possible set up on EVERY debit and credit card you have. Sure it's annoying, but you'll get used to it and it just might save your bacon someday- especially if you dabble in business cards as consumer protection laws regarding unauthorized transactions are not as strong on business cards as they are personal cards.
I just cannot handle that. I check most of my cards every day. My recent fraud charge was for 14¢ (Citi DC), not sure that would have triggered an alert. The only US Bank card I have is my REI card, there was a fraudulent charge on that once but they caught it and notified me.

I just cannot handle that. I check most of my cards every day. My recent fraud charge was for 14¢ (Citi DC), not sure that would have triggered an alert. The only US Bank card I have is my REI card, there was a fraudulent charge on that once but they caught it and notified me.
Not everyone has the capacity for it on their every day cards. But at a minimum one should set up dollar alerts on all business cards and sockdrawed personal cards.

I had this on an amex card

I'm at 4/24 until next year, and Chase still seems hit-or-miss with their Biz approvals.
Amex is also inviting me for a Plat Biz, but I'm not sure what the end-game would be with that in a year, and fear pissing off the RAT if I cancel then.
View attachment 558104

any kind of credit check pulls(opening of accounts) will count into 5/24. BOA is an end game or a lazy churning card set if your end goal is cashback. if not, u should hold on and complete your 5/24. other idea would be to check your SO and have SO be under 5/24 while u bust out.

View attachment 558104
My BOA Biz did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter