I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH’s birthday gift- upgrading his cracked screen iPhone 6 Plus to an iPhone 12 Pro Max in Pacific Blue. He uses his phone for everything so he deserves a nice upgrade and needs the larger screen. Now I am feeling really jealous since DS will have the 12 in blue for his birthday next month and I’ll still be on my iPhone 8 but no cracked screen.

I just did this for myself in January and I can not tell you how much I love the 12! I don't usually get excited about new technology that much and really just upgraded because I got an Apple Watch for Christmas and, of course, the 6+ wasn't compatible. I got a clear case for it so I can enjoy the blue color.

In the past, I haven't really done much lowering of CL before applying for Chase cards. However, our total CLs have been creeping up. When you lower a personal CL, your score takes a small hit, right? So is it better to reduce CL on business cards instead? I think I want to apply for a CIC/CIU as my next card and I'm trying to plan ahead.

Back home after our 4 day weekend in Florida stretched into a whole week. I see my $30 PayPal credit from a 2/1 charge still hasn’t credited. Is it better to just try again on a different purchase or has anyone had luck raising the issue with Amex?
I finally broke down and did a chat w/AMEX on Friday asking about the missing PayPal credits from early in February. He gave me the standard "it can take up to 12 weeks to receive the credit." I politely replied that I was under the impression the $30 was monthly, just to see if I could get some further information. He replied he was sure I would see the missing credits sooner rather than later :rolleyes: so far I'm only missing out on about $17, not enough to lose sleep over, but still. I'm hoping they will have this ironed out by March. My streaming charges always hit in the first week of the month, which appears to be the problem with February. I figure if the credits don't come in 12 weeks I'll follow up then.

Does anyone know if buying miles would be reimbursable by the Amex Gold airline credit (Hawaiian). We need a few more miles to get a second one of our flights free!

Also - Hawaiian sent us all upgrades to their Gold Level. Total surprise to us because we've only flown them once! But it was a small nudge in our discussion of booking an Aulani trip, so I guess their marketing works!

In the past, I haven't really done much lowering of CL before applying for Chase cards. However, our total CLs have been creeping up. When you lower a personal CL, your score takes a small hit, right? So is it better to reduce CL on business cards instead? I think I want to apply for a CIC/CIU as my next card and I'm trying to plan ahead.
I lowered credit for both myself and DH by 20-30K for each of us across our Chase Personal cards. Our credit took such a small hit I don't remember even really noticing, and it definitely recovered quickly. FWIW most of our available credit is through Chase.

Back home after our 4 day weekend in Florida stretched into a whole week. I see my $30 PayPal credit from a 2/1 charge still hasn’t credited. Is it better to just try again on a different purchase or has anyone had luck raising the issue with Amex?

If it's a card you're not canceling anytime soon, I'd just wait. It should get sorted out eventually. I have one I'll probably be canceling soon. A more recent Paypal charge credited in 2 days. But nothing yet for the 2/3 one. I'm going to retry that leftover amount so I don't lose out on it if I cancel.

That resort credit scares me off of the Aspire. Are there any creative ways to use it?
Some Hilton resorts require you to place a one-night refundable deposit at the time you make your reservation. For example, the Disney Springs area Hilton's require a deposit. The Aspire resort credit will cover this charge.

I can guess your next thought, and you should be aware that American Express can (and probably will) claw back that resort credit if you cancel your reservation without spending on something else to trigger the credit.

The All-Time High Offer on Amex Blue Cash Preferred has returned!

The all-time high offer for the BCP card which was last available in early December has returned! This card is popular around these parts due to its 6% Cashback at grocery stores (Cha-Ching Disney GCs). The offer is available via support links on DISchurners.

The SUB is to earn $300 back (in the form of a statement credit) after spending $3k in purchases in the first 6 months - AND the annual fee is waived in year 1 ($95 thereafter). So if you got this card and met the entire MSR in the grocery category you'd earn $480 on your $3k in purchases (16% return).

No expiration date that I can see to this offer, but Amex will change offers from to time so if this one is of interest check it out.
Do you know if shipt counts as groceries?

Some Hilton resorts require you to place a one-night refundable deposit at the time you make your reservation. For example, the Disney Springs area Hilton's require a deposit. The Aspire resort credit will cover this charge.

I can guess your next thought, and you should be aware that American Express can (and probably will) claw back that resort credit if you cancel your reservation without spending on something else to trigger the credit.
HAHA you did guess my next thought!

Has anyone seen any good deals on Sam’s memberships recently? I thought I had awhile to go on my membership, but it expires March 7. I’m planning to let that one end and open a new membership under a different email.

My approach which is built around my understanding of Chase’s rules:

1) On ANY card you want to wait 30 days to apply for that same card if denied
2) You should have 0 applications (approved or denied) on file in the last 30 days before applying for a business card
3) If you were denied for a business card, you can immediately apply for a personal card
4) If you were denied for a personal card you should take a step back and figure out why vs trying again right away which will surely bring a similar result.

Thank you! Waiting to see what DS22's CIU denial letter from Chase says to decide whether to try another card for him or get a personal card for me. His credit score is in the high 700's and he's only 1/24, and he has around 3 years of credit history. Thinking about a CSP but not sure if he would be approved.

You have to call to PC from a Freedom to a CSR, right? Also what is the CL that's required? I have a 12K CL on my Freedom, that enough?
I'm so hesitant to do this because of the $550 fee, but I keep going over it and it seems to make the most sense.
The $300 credit will be gone in a flash. I can spend that just driving by a grocery store. My 12 year old will need TSA precheck soon. We're going to rent a car in Naples so the CSR will save me the insurance. And buying my flight through the Chase portal with the CSR will save me points over using points from the CF. And no question we'll use the $60 door dash credit.
Why am I so reluctant to just do this!

You have to call to PC from a Freedom to a CSR, right? Also what is the CL that's required? I have a 12K CL on my Freedom, that enough?
I'm so hesitant to do this because of the $550 fee, but I keep going over it and it seems to make the most sense.
The $300 credit will be gone in a flash. I can spend that just driving by a grocery store. My 12 year old will need TSA precheck soon. We're going to rent a car in Naples so the CSR will save me the insurance. And buying my flight through the Chase portal with the CSR will save me points over using points from the CF. And no question we'll use the $60 door dash credit.
Why am I so reluctant to just do this!
Sounds similar to the conversations I had with myself before having DH upgrade to the CSR. You do have to call, but DH said the CSR was MORE THAN HAPPY to upgrade him to a $550 card 😂 sincerely though he said it was a super easy call. And yes, you only need $10k CL. FYI DH requested the card be expedited as we were leaving for vacation in a few days, and they ended up sending 2 cards since the CSR is automatically expedited. Now we conveniently each have one 👍🏻 Although the $550 is a lot I had no problem paying the fee given that it will more than pay for itself in the end.

Has anyone seen any good deals on Sam’s memberships recently? I thought I had awhile to go on my membership, but it expires March 7. I’m planning to let that one end and open a new membership under a different email.
I've been getting emails about this offer - join for $45, get a $45 gift card. It's also on TCB and might be on other portals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter