I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I use my iTunes funds to pay for an iPhone via the Apple store? I don’t see that as an option during checkout.
Are you signed in using your apple id? I know I used itunes funds recently when buying from the Apple store. It gave me the option to use my itunes funds. Don't remember exactly where it was, but I don't remember it being difficult to find.

AmEx Biz cards are easy to get and they don’t count towards your 5/24. The other option is the Aspire that comes with the FNC very shortly after approval. It also has a larger AF but the Diamond status and $300 resort credit are nice perks to help offset the AF. It does count to your 5/24 but you have room.

The upgraded doesn’t count towards approvals so you could go for it any time.
That resort credit scares me off of the Aspire. Are there any creative ways to use it?

Most importantly, what are you buying?? :)
DH’s birthday gift- upgrading his cracked screen iPhone 6 Plus to an iPhone 12 Pro Max in Pacific Blue. He uses his phone for everything so he deserves a nice upgrade and needs the larger screen. Now I am feeling really jealous since DS will have the 12 in blue for his birthday next month and I’ll still be on my iPhone 8 but no cracked screen.

DH’s birthday gift- upgrading his cracked screen iPhone 6 Plus to an iPhone 12 Pro Max in Pacific Blue. He uses his phone for everything so he deserves a nice upgrade and needs the larger screen. Now I am feeling really jealous since DS will have the 12 in blue for his birthday next month and I’ll still be on my iPhone 8 but no cracked screen.

Nice! That's quite the upgrade from a 6 to a 12! My DH just went from 8 to the 12 pro and he loves it.

Did you stock up on apple gc via the target promo?

Well the business card will preserve your nice 5/24 status. If you have a side hustle you could apply as a sole prop using that - just use your personal name and SSN for the application.

You also are eligible for the other two personal Hilton cards. Amex doesn’t have any rules about eligibility tying for one Hilton card to another. Keep in mind though that Amex has a 4 credit card limit - not sure if you have other cards with them. (And that’s only credit cards... charge cards do not count in that)

And lastly I should point to make sure you stay Amex’s good graces by continuing to spend on their cards. I recently posted a comment with blog link about the Amex popup- I assume you’re aware of that, right?

I am aware of the popup but just went back and found your post to read the blog. I admit I probably didn't put much spend on my Surpass last year during the height of the pandemic but have been using it regularly in the last few months. It is my only AmEx card but I did cancel the SPG/Marriot card last year after having it for 3 years. Hopefully AmEx still likes me.

Thanks for your help!

Not that I am aware of. I used mine at Hilton Bonnet Creek last year towards my upgrade to the presidential suite and we are going to Baker’s Cay next month so we’ll use it there.
If I understand it correctly, you can only use it at Hilton "resorts". Is that correct?

I had some time on my hands yesterday and.......booked a trip to the Maldives over New Years! Looks like this:

Toronto to Male (via Boston, Doha and Colombo); all legs in business class (A350 Q Suites on the Washington to Doha leg), except for the final leg (economy class, but only for 1h 25 mins); booked on AA using 70,000 miles and $80.00 cash (per person). Leaving Toronto on December 27th and arriving in Male on December 29th.

Male to Toronto (via Abu Dhabi and Washington); Abu Dhabi to Washington leg is in Etihad's first class! Used 130,000 Aeroplan points and $145.00 cash (per person). Leaving Male on January 4th and arriving home on January 6th. I am trying to move our flights to January 5th, but so far no availability in first class on Etihad on January 5th.

Booking accommodations was a bit harder since I left it a late for the holidays, but I was able to secure an OWV at the W Maldives (500K Bonvoy points). I could have booked the JW Marriott, but I read that the reef at the W is supposed to be one of the best in the Maldives and the JW Marriott was a reno of an older resort, versus the brand new (in 2018) W. Plus the W has activities all day, which suits my personality much better!

Now I just have to convince dd that she really wants to go (she doesn't want to leave her boyfriend over the holidays :()!

I think there's a Chase rule that if you're denied you have to wait 30 days to apply again, but is it on personal or biz or am I making the whole thing up? 🙂

I think there's a Chase rule that if you're denied you have to wait 30 days to apply again, but is it on personal or biz or am I making the whole thing up? 🙂
My approach which is built around my understanding of Chase’s rules:

1) On ANY card you want to wait 30 days to apply for that same card if denied
2) You should have 0 applications (approved or denied) on file in the last 30 days before applying for a business card
3) If you were denied for a business card, you can immediately apply for a personal card
4) If you were denied for a personal card you should take a step back and figure out why vs trying again right away which will surely bring a similar result.

The All-Time High Offer on Amex Blue Cash Preferred has returned!

The all-time high offer for the BCP card which was last available in early December has returned! This card is popular around these parts due to its 6% Cashback at grocery stores (Cha-Ching Disney GCs). The offer is available via support links on DISchurners.

The SUB is to earn $300 back (in the form of a statement credit) after spending $3k in purchases in the first 6 months - AND the annual fee is waived in year 1 ($95 thereafter). So if you got this card and met the entire MSR in the grocery category you'd earn $480 on your $3k in purchases (16% return).

No expiration date that I can see to this offer, but Amex will change offers from to time so if this one is of interest check it out.

Last edited:
It's like our house! I have an 8, and DH just replaced his 6 Plus with a 12 Pro Max - I definitely don't want a phone that's that gigantic, but I'm so envious of the camera!

It's like our house! I have an 8, and DH just replaced his 6 Plus with a 12 Pro Max - I definitely don't want a phone that's that gigantic, but I'm so envious of the camera!
Yeah, I am happy with the smaller phone but I spend a lot of time on iPad too.

It seems as though the Target offer is still on so I’ll be accumulating more iTunes to upgrade mine also. Plus I can trade in my phone since it still looks new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter