• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and FWIW, I cash out every single UR I can get my hands on right now via PYB. I'll just earn more tomorrow...and PYB could go away at some point.
Using my points for PYB was a mental hurdle the first time. After that it was it was easy. Nothing like knowing you can wipe out a months worth of groceries and dining with points, and then stick the saved money into a savings account 👍🏻
I get the logic of it, and I have done some PYB, but as soon as I do I start feeling bad about using my points on plain old groceries and other run of the mill type spending. OTOH, I did feel great about redeeming points at 1.5 for Christmas gifts!

The stress aside, I remember it being a very sad time for me. All kinds of people (not at the bank) talking about their time off and trying to find ways to fill the time. Filming silly videos, playing board games. And here I am... basically Dad of the year not talking to his kids for 45 days straight...

Well you are not alone, at the start of COVID I was working day and night since they divided up sifts at work and I ended up having to support both. In an odd turn of events DD had just gone down to Grandma's for her spring break the day before everything started going into lockdown, with my work picking up so much we decided it was best for her to stay down there another week or two since Grandma has a dog, two ponies and tons of land to play on... That turned into weeks, and even months. It felt horrible to be working 60~70hr weeks while DD was away. Luckily it just turned out to be a month and a half and we Face Time'd often but she was having a blast at least, more fun than being locked down at home.

Fast forward to two months ago, just out of no where I get pulled back into a project the week of Thanksgiving that I had planned to take off and then ended up working 70hr+ weeks all the way to Christmas. I am very thankful to be busy but also saddened by so many that have been negatively impacted.

I think I seriously just experienced a small instance of PTSD...

I'm on a call about round 2 of PPP loans with my bank. I started getting sweaty and my heart was racing and it was like my mind was back in April all over again: Scared, worried, upset. I seriously had to snap out of it and remind myself that it's 2021. It was super-weird for a minute over here!

I've never experienced anything quite like being a banker during PPP. The entire world felt like it was falling apart, you're scared for your family, yet you're working 18 hours a day (at home) and never see your family despite them being just a staircase away.

(Not trying to make light of legit PTSD and traumatic events... I just don't know what just happened to me, and it was really odd)

I think what’s behind this PTSD is the question of “will I be enough for my clients, my family, myself?” So much was at stake... It’s really important that you honor your feelings on this- it’s a big step to relive it and realize you made it through and you did your best. And it shows that you are a good human- how much you sacrificed of yourself so that small businesses could survive.
I was directing a multi-state, multi-location elective healthcare business and the stress was incredible. Working around the clock to find ways to save people’s jobs when there was no work to give... trying to pivot to virtual care in a matter of days... constantly pivoting, pivoting. Being responsible for so many families and their employment. There was incredible stress, but also incredible gratitude to see the way some people came together. As it raged on, I called and individually talked to each of our 150 team members, just to check in on how they were doing as humans. It was shocking to hear from many people how their mental health was suffering, how it had affected addiction issues for families, how the stimulus checks had led to friend’s ODs, how isolated some people felt working from home... There’s true pain behind so many pandemic stories... and it also forced so many of us to realize how strong we were and what we were capable of.
I think there’s a quote out there from a CEO that said something like “I had no idea I would make 10 years worth of decisions in 10 weeks” and that pretty much sums it up. PTSD level stress.
@SouthFayetteFan, I think it was good to have that recent wave wash over you- it’s always good to remember our history and have the gratitude for where we are at now.

Interesting. When I got the approval it asked about adding employee cards and I did see they showed I could get the employee a gold or green card, but I guess I didn't really understand. I was thinking I had to get the Plat for it to tie into my Platinum account. So if I get an employee green card, will what is spent on that card go toward my 15K MSR?

Yes, everything on an employee card goes to your MSR.

Yes! Certainly interested in learning more.
So to join you need to tell me your reddit username (or you can join at reddit.com if you don't have one). Many people use the same name there as here. We have some guides and helpful tips there but the vast majority of the discussion is all here on the DIS.

I wanted to report back on my question earlier this week on using Citi points to buy Disney tix. I called back earlier this week and after being hung up on twice, I was able to speak to a super nice and knowledgeable rep who was able to get prices for the tickets. She had problems with her system and had to call Disney and then call me back, which she did about an hour after we spoke. I used the prompts to get to the cruise and tours dept, and she did ask for my travel password, which ended up being the last 4 of my social.

When I had called previously I was told they weren't selling theme parks tix due to Covid. So, moral of the story with Citi- keep calling back until you get ahold of someone who is able to help you!

So..I activated the 5x categories for my CFF. I can't find it on DH's CFU. CFU does have the 5x rotating categories, no? (streaming, wholesale this quarter)

Ugh, finally seeing more pics of my rental, so awful. And he went against lease and put a dish on my roof! So pissed. Still trying to get eatimates for the inside work. Guy I'm going to have do the siding I found out can also do the interior so hopeful he has a good price for it too. But he doesn't take ccs :( but really at this point I just want it done and on the market so I'll buy what I can online and have it shipped or installed at least.
As a former rental owner, I feel your pain. I sold my rentals a few years back and have absolutely no regrets, well, other than not doing it sooner!

I needed a new MSR and thought I would get the IHG card. I tried an incognito browser at the top of the hour and got the 100000 platinum offer instead with 10X points on groceries and gas for 6 months. I was approved! This will be my first experience with MR points. What do I need to know?

DH did the IHG offer so we did get that bonus too, I guess this is the best of both worlds!

I needed a new MSR and thought I would get the IHG card. I tried an incognito browser at the top of the hour and got the 100000 platinum offer instead with 10X points on groceries and gas for 6 months. I was approved! This will be my first experience with MR points. What do I need to know?

DH did the IHG offer so we did get that bonus too, I guess this is the best of both worlds!
Congrats party: On the 2 new cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter