I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok experts - I need help figuring out my next card(s) to get. My main goal is a trip to WDW 2022. We have two airports that are around the same distance to us BOS and MHT so Southwest or Jetblue would be my preferred carriers and we are in this game as a 2 player team. My focus for the last year was to building up my UR's for my Brazil trip that got cancelled and I am waiting for my points reimbursement.
:thanks:
P1
02/18 - CFU
04/18 - Amex Bonvoy Business (Closed)
05/18 - CSR
05/18 - CSP downgraded to CF
07/18 - Discovery Miles
12/18 - Amex Hiton Honors Business (Closed)
01/19 - Amex Business Plus
04/19 - City AA (Closed)
08/19 - CIP (Closed)

P2
02/18 - CHASE Southwest Business
09/18- CHASE Southwest Plus
07/19 - CIP

P1 could apply for SW business cards to get more RR points and CP

You could also have P2 apply for the CSR or CSP from a P1 support link

You just summed up 2020 for me in a word.
Right? Got my second vaccine today so feeling a bit less anxious. If I could only get my mom vaccinated, she's super high risk.
The stress aside, I remember it being a very sad time for me. All kinds of people (not at the bank) talking about their time off and trying to find ways to fill the time. Filming silly videos, playing board games. And here I am... basically Dad of the year not talking to his kids for 45 days straight...
Yeah but many of those people with "time off" had/have no jobs, no money coming in. So I'm sure they don't feel very "dad of the year" either. Bad year for all. If you have a job, you're probably overworked, overwhelmed and stressed about it but may be feeling guilty about lack of family time and feeling bad about others who don't have jobs. OTOH lots of people with no jobs, no income, no where to stay. Sucks for everyone.

Is there any way to get a duplicate card for my Amex Plat biz? Would love for DH to have it because he spends a lot and could really help with the high MSR but I’m not willing to pay the fee for an employee card. If I report it damaged do they change the numbers when they send a new one?
You can get a basic card for all employees for free. They don't get any of the plat benefits. If you do an employee card for $300, it is metal and comes with some of the benfits. The employee gets their own Priority Pass Select card and the coverages that come with the card regarding car rentals--nice in countries where your primary insurance does not apply. They don't get the gold status with Hilton and Marriott or the $200 airline credit.

Because they ask for an EIN on the application (or ss# if sole prop) I don't think you can get two separate accounts for the same business.

I'm remembering back to 2008 when DH's whole world blew up due to the financial crisis. He was working non stop (I mean round the clock) while friends and colleagues he had for decades were losing their jobs, firms he worked for in the past were folding. It was brutal for him mentally.

Yes, that was me! That is what I was told back in Oct when I tried to cancel and reapply.

@Brandilla, please report back and let us know if you have any problems after 30 days. I reopened that card back in Oct when I found out this info because I needed a card for Disney trip. I just finally cancelled it for real Dec. 29 and plan to apply after 30 days like you. Hopefully we will not have any problems!

I most definitely will! I work all day Monday, so will either apply Monday night or wait and do Tues/Wed. Regardless, I will share my results!

To recharge your Southwest Stash: What are your thoughts about having either player could hit up a SW business card (and get another down the line to get the CP). Another option would be to go back to the Chase Ink well and maybe hit a CIU or CIC (whichever interests you more).
P1 could apply for SW business cards to get more RR points and CP

You could also have P2 apply for the CSR or CSP from a P1 support link
Ok about the Southwest Cards - if I get one card now and 1 card towards the end of the year when will my CP expire? Can P2 reapply and get the bonus?
What are people doing for Disney Hotel and tickets? Should I just cash my UR’s? (It hurts to write that)

Right? Got my second vaccine today so feeling a bit less anxious. If I could only get my mom vaccinated, she's super high risk.

Yeah but many of those people with "time off" had/have no jobs, no money coming in. So I'm sure they don't feel very "dad of the year" either. Bad year for all. If you have a job, you're probably overworked, overwhelmed and stressed about it but may be feeling guilty about lack of family time and feeling bad about others who don't have jobs. OTOH lots of people with no jobs, no income, no where to stay. Sucks for everyone.
Ya on your second vaccine...hopefully you can get your Mom hers soon

Ok about the Southwest Cards - if I get one card now and 1 card towards the end of the year when will my CP expire? Can P2 reapply and get the bonus?
What are people doing for Disney Hotel and tickets? Should I just cash my UR’s? (It hurts to write that)
If you earn the CP this year it will expire 12/31/2022...
I’ve been using the PYB feature on my CSR to cash out URs

You can get a basic card for all employees for free. They don't get any of the plat benefits. If you do an employee card for $300, it is metal and comes with some of the benfits. The employee gets their own Priority Pass Select card and the coverages that come with the card regarding car rentals--nice in countries where your primary insurance does not apply. They don't get the gold status with Hilton and Marriott or the $200 airline credit.

Because they ask for an EIN on the application (or ss# if sole prop) I don't think you can get two separate accounts for the same business.
Interesting. When I got the approval it asked about adding employee cards and I did see they showed I could get the employee a gold or green card, but I guess I didn't really understand. I was thinking I had to get the Plat for it to tie into my Platinum account. So if I get an employee green card, will what is spent on that card go toward my 15K MSR?

So P2 is NOT eligible for any SW personal card until 24 months from when they last earned a SW personal bonus. That probably means now... considering they applied in September but that bonus could have posted sometime in January so best to check. P2 is definitely eligible for either Chase business card. I assume they've closed all of their SW cards at this point?

If you either (or both) of you earn a Companion Pass at any point prior to 12/31/2021 then your CP will be available for the remainder of 2021 and all of 2022. There's good info on this on DISchurners Advanced Strategy thread if you haven't read my fireside chat on SW CP.

Oh and FWIW, I cash out every single UR I can get my hands on right now via PYB. I'll just earn more tomorrow...and PYB could go away at some point.

LOVED the Christmas market in Vienna at the town hall. Also did the Schonbrunn one. Missed Salzburg sadly (DD was in Budapest on study abroad so our Vienna trip was a short one). Have fun!

Spending time in Budapest and Vienna I was so impressed with their public transportation!
Thank you! I have read that Vienna and Munich have some of the best Christmas markets in Europe. I will need to convince ds to only take 1 or 2 changes of clothes (I will have his laundry done at the hotels, no worries there!) so that I can stuff his suitcase as well as my own :flower:. I wanted to hit Budapest as well, but this itinerary doesn't lend itself to making that side trip.

Vienna and Prague was my canceled anniversary trip this year in September. I am soooo envious. Enjoy! I wish I could go, but 2021 does not look likely for me. Maybe next year.
I hope that you can make it in 2022. Ds wants to teach English abroad in 2022 (Prague is his top choice), so he will be looking at places to stay / get an idea of rent (though with his fluent French it is more likely that he will end up in France).

With the Maldives trip cancelled I am going to have 4 FNCs left (decided not to fly home from Amsterdam since I read that Christmas markets there are not nearly as good as the ones in Munich). Not sure what will become of them. I *may* look into booking a 5 or 6 night trip to London in September / October, but I will wait to book as I need to make sure that I will have been vaccinated by then.

Oh and FWIW, I cash out every single UR I can get my hands on right now via PYB. I'll just earn more tomorrow...and PYB could go away at some point.
Using my points for PYB was a mental hurdle the first time. After that it was it was easy. Nothing like knowing you can wipe out a months worth of groceries and dining with points, and then stick the saved money into a savings account 👍🏻

Using my points for PYB was a mental hurdle the first time. After that it was it was easy. Nothing like knowing you can wipe out a months worth of groceries and dining with points, and then stick the saved money into a savings account 👍🏻
And the fact that chase is again approving biz cards makes it easy to earn more URs. Perhaps I’d treat them as more precious if they were more difficult to obtain.

With the Maldives trip cancelled I am going to have 4 FNCs left (decided not to fly home from Amsterdam since I read that Christmas markets there are not nearly as good as the ones in Munich). Not sure what will become of them. I *may* look into booking a 5 or 6 night trip to London in September / October, but I will wait to book as I need to make sure that I will have been vaccinated by then.
I might do a London trip in September as well. That's up in the air for several months. I also doubt I'll be traveling anywhere before I get vaccinated and I am in the last group.

My doctor basically said the same thing. She said she called like 47 times to get an appointment. I asked her if they’d be giving it and she said they can’t even get gloves or needles so probably not
Lurker here, but had to say it’s interesting to hear how different things are state to state. I just got my second Pfizer dose today and the process was simple (I’m a frontline nurse helping in our Covid ICU). I signed up online on 12/19 at 0200 for an appointment at 0800. They scheduled my second appointment while I was there getting my first dose. Online appointments are made through ISDH (Indiana State Department of Health) but administered at my own hospital system. They opened appointments for those 80+ today at 0900 and by 1100 33,000 people had made appointments (one of those being my 90 year old grandma :)). Minor issues on the phone lines, but online scheduling went smoothly. I’m hoping appointments for other high-risk groups open sooner rather than later!

Lurker here, but had to say it’s interesting to hear how different things are state to state. I just got my second Pfizer dose today and the process was simple (I’m a frontline nurse helping in our Covid ICU). I signed up online on 12/19 at 0200 for an appointment at 0800. They scheduled my second appointment while I was there getting my first dose. Online appointments are made through ISDH (Indiana State Department of Health) but administered at my own hospital system. They opened appointments for those 80+ today at 0900 and by 1100 33,000 people had made appointments (one of those being my 90 year old grandma :)). Minor issues on the phone lines, but online scheduling went smoothly. I’m hoping appointments for other high-risk groups open sooner rather than later!
Someone in my neighborhood posted a link to a website to register for 65 and older appointments and they were filled in under 30 minutes.

Ohhhh I thought PYB was for dinning only we do not eat out or do take out much at all. But groceries:worship: that is fantastic!

If you earn the CP this year it will expire 12/31/2022...
I’ve been using the PYB feature on my CSR to cash out URs
So P2 is NOT eligible for any SW personal card until 24 months from when they last earned a SW personal bonus. That probably means now... considering they applied in September but that bonus could have posted sometime in January so best to check. P2 is definitely eligible for either Chase business card. I assume they've closed all of their SW cards at this point?

If you either (or both) of you earn a Companion Pass at any point prior to 12/31/2021 then your CP will be available for the remainder of 2021 and all of 2022. There's good info on this on DISchurners Advanced Strategy thread if you haven't read my fireside chat on SW CP.
Yes all P2’s cards in the list have been cancelled.
I think I am going to wait on the SW cards until end of the year so I can get 2022/2023 on the CP. So I am going take a look at the chase business cards for now.

I got my second Pfizer dose today, in IL it is healthcare workers only. The hospital I work at now has Pfizer and Moderna. No state registration but each hospital system or county making their own plans. I work in an adjacent county (Cook, where Chicago is) to where I live. Our county says they are on track to vaccinate all the healthcare workers ion their "projected 8 week time frame." Which sounds like 5 more weeks before anyone else gets vaccinated. Plus our governor wants the next phase to be 65+, not the recommended 75+, because we have many minorities and they are dying at younger ages. ☹️ Strangely I know a retired teacher who got a text from local health system and was somehow able to schedule and receive a vaccine even though she fits in none of the categories.
Someone in my neighborhood posted a link to a website to register for 65 and older appointments and they were filled in under 30 minutes.
☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter