• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my double nights on the Hyatt mattress run I did (checkout 1/3). Still waiting on points rebate. Should get 5k which is enough for any other night’s booking.

How long was your run? I'm going to do runs (that is if my darn card ever arrives) and I'm pondering the length. The closest for me is a little over an hour but I'm in that area about once a week.

oh thanks for reminding me about support links - that was the other thing I was going to check. I’ll check a couple over on dischurners just in case!

“DH” just applied for the CFU and was instantly approved! I was bummed not to be able to use a support link from you awesome people, but I was able to use a support link from Miles to Memories, my favorite miles and points podcast/blog/Facebook group.

I told DH we now have 8 credit cards, and he about had a heart attack. He couldn’t believe it when I told him that was on the VERY low number side for folks in this hobby!

Last edited:
Ugh, finally seeing more pics of my rental, so awful. And he went against lease and put a dish on my roof! So pissed. Still trying to get eatimates for the inside work. Guy I'm going to have do the siding I found out can also do the interior so hopeful he has a good price for it too. But he doesn't take ccs :( but really at this point I just want it done and on the market so I'll buy what I can online and have it shipped or installed at least.

I think I seriously just experienced a small instance of PTSD...

I'm on a call about round 2 of PPP loans with my bank. I started getting sweaty and my heart was racing and it was like my mind was back in April all over again: Scared, worried, upset. I seriously had to snap out of it and remind myself that it's 2021. It was super-weird for a minute over here!

I've never experienced anything quite like being a banker during PPP. The entire world felt like it was falling apart, you're scared for your family, yet you're working 18 hours a day (at home) and never see your family despite them being just a staircase away.

(Not trying to make light of legit PTSD and traumatic events... I just don't know what just happened to me, and it was really odd)
Yep, I know that feeling all too well! On pins and needles, wondering when my bank will start round 2.

I'm so terribly sorry for the impact this pandemic has had on you. I think it's really great that you're sharing/normalizing the fact that so many of us really went through it at work last year. While yes, it's not on the level of healthcare workers, everyone's mental health is important and it's okay to recognize the trauma we've experienced and support each other through it. I hope you don't have anywhere near that level of work ever again. Thanks for all you do for this thread/community!! And thank your wife/kids for us too, since they share some of your time with us.
This! @SouthFayetteFan I had a similar flashback feeling experience recently with my job. Many of us non-healthcare/front line workers also suffered true pandemic related trauma at work or home. We do not diminish others' pain by recognizing our own.

How long was your run? I'm going to do runs (that is if my darn card ever arrives) and I'm pondering the length. The closest for me is a little over an hour but I'm in that area about once a week.

I did 4 nights. I had to transfer URs. To minimize the number of URs I had to use, I was going to do 4 nights x 2 and then 1 night.

DD finally decided that she would apply for a CIU. I was trying to convince her to go for a Sapphire MDD, but she has to much going on to keep track of timed applications. She wanted to just do one Sapphire, but I convinced her that a CIU would be better right now. So here's my question... what business? When she did CIP in 2019 she put tutoring (which she was actually doing at the time). I figure she could always say she plans to restart her tutoring this year and write tutoring again. Then I remembered that there was denial for educational services and you had to pick a different category? Am I making this up? Can someone walk me through what to pick for a tutoring "business"?

This! @SouthFayetteFan I had a similar flashback feeling experience recently with my job. Many of us non-healthcare/front line workers also suffered true pandemic related trauma at work or home. We do not diminish others' pain by recognizing our own.
The stress aside, I remember it being a very sad time for me. All kinds of people (not at the bank) talking about their time off and trying to find ways to fill the time. Filming silly videos, playing board games. And here I am... basically Dad of the year not talking to his kids for 45 days straight...

The stress aside, I remember it being a very sad time for me. All kinds of people (not at the bank) talking about their time off and trying to find ways to fill the time. Filming silly videos, playing board games. And here I am... basically Dad of the year not talking to his kids for 45 days straight...
Hopefully your upcoming trip will help erase those feelings once and for all!

“DH” just applied for the CFU and was instantly approved! I was bummed not to be able to use a support link from you awesome people, but I was able to use a support link from Miles to Memories, my favorite miles and points podcast/blog/Facebook group.

I told DH we now have 8 credit cards, and he about had a heart attack. He couldn’t believe it when I told him that was on the VERY low number side for folks in this hobby!
Congrats party: To your DH;)

I am in a totally different situation, but I get that! I am in mortgage and we are coming off of our busiest time in history. I have neve had such a sustained period of stress and OT. Up until December, starting early Spring last year, I was working Sundays, and very often M-TH evenings, in additional to my M-F hours. My co-worker and I would talk at 9pm at night, saying, "if I hear one person talk about all the things they are doing during COVID, their new hobbies, their projects, their family time, I am going to scream!" We were stress crying on a regular basis. It's still busy, but I haven't worked a weekend in the last month or so. I do think it's coming back though, hopefully not at that level.

Ok experts - I need help figuring out my next card(s) to get. My main goal is a trip to WDW 2022. We have two airports that are around the same distance to us BOS and MHT so Southwest or Jetblue would be my preferred carriers and we are in this game as a 2 player team. My focus for the last year was to building up my UR's for my Brazil trip that got cancelled and I am waiting for my points reimbursement.
:thanks:
P1
02/18 - CFU
04/18 - Amex Bonvoy Business (Closed)
05/18 - CSR
05/18 - CSP downgraded to CF
07/18 - Discovery Miles
12/18 - Amex Hiton Honors Business (Closed)
01/19 - Amex Business Plus
04/19 - City AA (Closed)
08/19 - CIP (Closed)

P2
02/18 - CHASE Southwest Business
09/18- CHASE Southwest Plus
07/19 - CIP

Decisions, decisions. Looks like the BOA Premium card travel credit is calendar year. Planning to cancel in Feb, does anyone else feel guilty using a credit just before cancelling?
Quoting myself. Did buy another $100 AA GC on my BOA card. will make sure it credits before I do the same on DH's card which will be cancelled in March. Hoping I can use these GC on our trip to St Lucia in May. Fingers crossed it happens.

Still on the fence about my Feb Disney trip. Have a DVC rental which has been moved from May to Oct to Feb. Still not sure I will feel comfortable flying. Haven't even booked flights yet, SW currently only has 1 non-stop a day from PIT to MCO.

Ok experts - I need help figuring out my next card(s) to get. My main goal is a trip to WDW 2022. We have two airports that are around the same distance to us BOS and MHT so Southwest or Jetblue would be my preferred carriers and we are in this game as a 2 player team. My focus for the last year was to building up my UR's for my Brazil trip that got cancelled and I am waiting for my points reimbursement.
:thanks:
P1
02/18 - CFU
04/18 - Amex Bonvoy Business (Closed)
05/18 - CSR
05/18 - CSP downgraded to CF
07/18 - Discovery Miles
12/18 - Amex Hiton Honors Business (Closed)
01/19 - Amex Business Plus
04/19 - City AA (Closed)
08/19 - CIP (Closed)

P2
02/18 - CHASE Southwest Business
09/18- CHASE Southwest Plus
07/19 - CIP
To recharge your Southwest Stash: What are your thoughts about having either player could hit up a SW business card (and get another down the line to get the CP). Another option would be to go back to the Chase Ink well and maybe hit a CIU or CIC (whichever interests you more).

I have my new CSR! Yay! I can now pay dd's tuition for this semester! Still waiting for my CSP, but res payment isn't due until January 31st so I'm not worried! So excited to have my CSR 'back' :upsidedow.

On another note I now have my Christmas market trip for next year somewhat booked! Ds and I are flying Toronto to Prague on Air Canada, points (3 nights at the Augustine -- points / cash booking -- Marriott), then taking the train from Prague to Vienna (4 nights at the Hotel Sacher via Virtuoso -- 1 night free, auto upgrade at booking, brekkie included as well as 30 min massage -- can't pass this up at such an iconic hotel), train Vienna to Salzburg (2 nights at Hotel Goldener Hirsch -- Marriott, will use points & cash when rooms open for next December), train Salzburg to Munich (4 nights at Geisel BEYOND -- no points or UR, but location is what we I will need to hit as many markets as possible while still taking in some sites), Munich to Toronto on Air Canada, using points.

Looking at my travel plans for next year I am wondering if I need my Aspire as I don't have any stays booked at Hilton properties (I am cancelling the Maldives trip). Marriott platinum will be good for free brekkie in Prague and Salzburg.

On another note I now have my Christmas market trip for next year somewhat booked! Ds and I are flying Toronto to Prague on Air Canada, points (3 nights at the Augustine -- points / cash booking -- Marriott), then taking the train from Prague to Vienna (4 nights at the Hotel Sacher via Virtuoso -- 1 night free, auto upgrade at booking, brekkie included as well as 30 min massage -- can't pass this up at such an iconic hotel), train Vienna to Salzburg (2 nights at Hotel Goldener Hirsch -- Marriott, will use points & cash when rooms open for next December), train Salzburg to Munich (4 nights at Geisel BEYOND -- no points or UR, but location is what we I will need to hit as many markets as possible while still taking in some sites), Munich to Toronto on Air Canada, using points.
LOVED the Christmas market in Vienna at the town hall. Also did the Schonbrunn one. Missed Salzburg sadly (DD was in Budapest on study abroad so our Vienna trip was a short one). Have fun!

Spending time in Budapest and Vienna I was so impressed with their public transportation!

I have my new CSR! Yay! I can now pay dd's tuition for this semester! Still waiting for my CSP, but res payment isn't due until January 31st so I'm not worried! So excited to have my CSR 'back' :upsidedow.

Looking at my travel plans for next year I am wondering if I need my Aspire as I don't have any stays booked at Hilton properties (I am cancelling the Maldives trip). Marriott platinum will be good for free brekkie in Prague and Salzburg.
Vienna and Prague was my canceled anniversary trip this year in September. I am soooo envious. Enjoy! I wish I could go, but 2021 does not look likely for me. Maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter