I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, I'm sorry, I don't know. I think SW is the one responsible for the promotion, not Chase (since it only shows up on my SW account, not my Chase SW card account), so that's where I would start. I hope you're able to get it worked out.
Ok thanks. I sent sw customer service a message, we'll see what they say.

Hey, I could use some help. I have been out of the churning game for so long (think 15-20 years) that I don't even know where to start. I live in a small town in Texas where our only full jet service is SW. AA and United fly out as well, but it is their small, regional service planes. We are small business owners and do a fair amount of business travel, so keeping our SW companion pass is really important. I haven't applied for a credit card in many years and our credit is pristine. I often ask clients about the card they are using and what they love most about it, but after I found this thread, I realized this is where the experts live. FWIW, I just recently discovered there were bonus offers I could click with y Chase Disney and SW. What would you suggest?

Current Cards:
Southwest Business Visa (basic one) we always hit the 110,000 points for a companion pass with charges--credits to Mr's SW account
Southwest Visa (basic). never use it. credits to my SW account. Paying 69/yr for really nothing
United Explorer (basic 99/yr). We fly United 1-2 times a year. This card pays for an extra bag for each of us so it is a wash. In the "olden days" we got Priority Boarding. never use it.
Disney (basic) the grocery/misc. card. We get maybe a few hundred a year in reward dollars.
Capital One Business--absolutely no rewards. However, the interest rate is often next to nothing (3%) so it is sometimes used for short term business debt.
Citi Rewards+ Business--didn't even know we had this one until I saw it on our credit report. Never Use it.
Amex Platinum Business (with a second card) pay 599 + 300. We don't fully utilize this card. We keep it for the Priority Pass memberships, Centurion Club, $200 American credit and the rental car protection--really important for overseas car rentals. Once a year, each of us have to rent cars in our own name so we need both of the cards. Plus, it stinks if I am traveling sans the Mr and don't have club access.
Hilton Honors Amex. no fee. This is a sentimental card. It was my first cc over 25 years ago. I let my daughter use it for "emergencies" so it doesn't get any use at all. Since the Mr is the primary for the Amex Plat, he gets automatic gold status and we use his account for everything. This does come with a silver membership.

Goals: we travel quite a bit. We cruise on RC once every other year and fly primarily SW (because of the companion pass). We do a tiny bit of international travel every few years, but I'm not loyal to airlines. It is often whatever one had the best schedule at the moment. We are pretty basic--we might upgrade to business class on occasion. I'm not brand loyal on hotels. The Amex gives us gold status with Marriott and Hilton. I have some legacy status with IGH. We really are DL people, but we make it to WDW every other year. Hitting a minimum spending on any card shouldn't be a problem. I would just stop using the Disney or the debit card on the personal side to hit it.

What would you do in my situation?
:welcome:
do you have the SW companion pass until 12/31/21....if you do I’d suggest you each opening one of the Chase business cards...the CIP has a 100,000UR bonus after spending $15,000 in the first 3 months....and the CIC & CIU have 75,000 UR bonuses after spending $7,500 in the first 3 months...

if you need the SW CP for 2021 then look at SW business cards.

I’m currently 3/24 and got my most recent cards (a CSR/CSP MDD) on 10/27/20. When do you think I can safely apply for my next card (likely a Chase business card or maybe some type of Freedom card)?

Hey, I could use some help. I have been out of the churning game for so long (think 15-20 years) that I don't even know where to start. I live in a small town in Texas where our only full jet service is SW. AA and United fly out as well, but it is their small, regional service planes. We are small business owners and do a fair amount of business travel, so keeping our SW companion pass is really important. I haven't applied for a credit card in many years and our credit is pristine. I often ask clients about the card they are using and what they love most about it, but after I found this thread, I realized this is where the experts live. FWIW, I just recently discovered there were bonus offers I could click with y Chase Disney and SW. What would you suggest?

Current Cards:
Southwest Business Visa (basic one) we always hit the 110,000 points for a companion pass with charges--credits to Mr's SW account
Southwest Visa (basic). never use it. credits to my SW account. Paying 69/yr for really nothing
United Explorer (basic 99/yr). We fly United 1-2 times a year. This card pays for an extra bag for each of us so it is a wash. In the "olden days" we got Priority Boarding. never use it.
Disney (basic) the grocery/misc. card. We get maybe a few hundred a year in reward dollars.
Capital One Business--absolutely no rewards. However, the interest rate is often next to nothing (3%) so it is sometimes used for short term business debt.
Citi Rewards+ Business--didn't even know we had this one until I saw it on our credit report. Never Use it.
Amex Platinum Business (with a second card) pay 599 + 300. We don't fully utilize this card. We keep it for the Priority Pass memberships, Centurion Club, $200 American credit and the rental car protection--really important for overseas car rentals. Once a year, each of us have to rent cars in our own name so we need both of the cards. Plus, it stinks if I am traveling sans the Mr and don't have club access.
Hilton Honors Amex. no fee. This is a sentimental card. It was my first cc over 25 years ago. I let my daughter use it for "emergencies" so it doesn't get any use at all. Since the Mr is the primary for the Amex Plat, he gets automatic gold status and we use his account for everything. This does come with a silver membership.

Goals: we travel quite a bit. We cruise on RC once every other year and fly primarily SW (because of the companion pass). We do a tiny bit of international travel every few years, but I'm not loyal to airlines. It is often whatever one had the best schedule at the moment. We are pretty basic--we might upgrade to business class on occasion. I'm not brand loyal on hotels. The Amex gives us gold status with Marriott and Hilton. I have some legacy status with IGH. We really are DL people, but we make it to WDW every other year. Hitting a minimum spending on any card shouldn't be a problem. I would just stop using the Disney or the debit card on the personal side to hit it.

Hi and welcome! Sounds like you have a real biz and can put some actual spend on cards. I would probably go for the Chase business cards, the Chase ink Preferred (if you can meet the $15K MSR), if you can't meet that MSR I would then grab one of the other Ink cards (MSR $7,500).

If the business cards don't work, I would do a modified double dip on the Chase Preferred & Reserve (the MSR on those 2 would be $9,000), the SUB would earn you 110,000 URs + spend. If you went with this option in your name the Reserve would get you Lounge access.

But I would work may way through all of the Chase cards I mentioned.

Does anyone know if YouTubeTV counts as a cable service eligible for 5x points on the CIC?

it should but ive notice google's merchant code tends to change every month. im not sure why.
My Google Fi on the CIC would sometimes earn 5x one month, then 1x another and so on...

Dh was approved for his US Bank card on 12/30 and it hasn’t come yet. Do you think it’s because of the holidays?

Hi and welcome! Sounds like you have a real biz and can put some actual spend on cards. I would probably go for the Chase business cards, the Chase ink Preferred (if you can meet the $15K MSR), if you can't meet that MSR I would then grab one of the other Ink cards (MSR $7,500).

If the business cards don't work, I would do a modified double dip on the Chase Preferred & Reserve (the MSR on those 2 would be $9,000), the SUB would earn you 110,000 URs + spend. If you went with this option in your name the Reserve would get you Lounge access.

But I would work may way through all of the Chase cards I mentioned.

Thanks for your reply. Why would I want a Chase business card? What benefits does it give me over the Amex Plat (where I can use the points for anything) or my SW where I just amass points and use them to fly anyone, anywhere at anytime? Is it a better card overall?

Thanks for your reply. Why would I want a Chase business card? What benefits does it give me over the Amex Plat (where I can use the points for anything) or my SW where I just amass points and use them to fly anyone, anywhere at anytime? Is it a better card overall?
with the Ink Preferred (CIP) You'll earn 100,000 URs which can be used your points for anything (1 cent/point). You can also transfer to United and Southwest.
You'll earn:
Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, and on advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year.
  • Travel
  • Shipping purchases
  • Internet, cable and phone services
  • Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines
Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.

The Chase Ultimate Rewards have way more flexibility than MRs.

ETA: If you add the Chase Reserve to your wallet all those Chase points can be transferred to the Reserved card which will be worth 50% through the travel porta, which can be used to book a cruise at that rate.

Chase URs can also be used for many things...cash back, booking travel through the chase travel portal and transferring to partner airlines ...SW is one and hotels...

To flip this question a bit, why do you want a new credit card? It sounds like perhaps you are truly looking for the ONE best card to put your spend on.
Conversely, many of us here are looking for the NEXT new card to put our spend on, to earn a sign up bonus. Any extra spend we put on a card with the best return for that category.

There’s no one size fits all strategy, it’s really up to each individual on what they are hoping to achieve with credit card use.

What you might find with a new Chase card is that you’ll get the sign up bonus (yay!) AND have a card which has versatile use. If you want to convert URs to Southwest, you can do an immediate transfer to your RR account at a 1:1 ratio.

Current Cards:

You've already gotten great advice about new cards. I'll just add that if you want to keep your Amex plat biz, you may be able to get a retention offer if you call or use the chat function (during regular business hours) and ask for one. I got 30k MRs, no spend requirement. There was also an appreciation credit of $200 for renewals from May-Dec last year (did you get that?). Not sure if they'll extend that. They're also coming out with some Amex Travel credits. In addition, there are Amex offers on the card for 5x wireless, shipping, advertising, gas and office supplies.

If I PC a CSP to a CSR do they prorate the AF or will I have a new card anniversary date from the day I PC? Also, all my UR automatically link to the new CSR- I don’t know to do anything for that? Last question- will my card number change?

If I PC a CSP to a CSR do they prorate the AF or will I have a new card anniversary date from the day I PC? Also, all my UR automatically link to the new CSR- I don’t know to do anything for that? Last question- will my card number change?
They will refund the fee and you'll have a new anniversary date from when you PC. The number won't change, they'll just send a new card with next expiration date & CVV. Once you see that the card type changed in your account (within a couple hours) all the benefits will be updated. You'll be able to use the $300 travel credit on groceries with your current card (it will remain active).

I’m currently 3/24 and got my most recent cards (a CSR/CSP MDD) on 10/27/20. When do you think I can safely apply for my next card (likely a Chase business card or maybe some type of Freedom card)?
If you are going for a Chase business, you're probably fine. I am 2/24 and got the Chase Freedom Flex 10/15/20 and the Chase Bonvoy on 10/3/2020 and I applied for the SW Performance on 1/1 and was approved.

I don't consider us the typical visitors to WDW - we don't watch parades, do character meets, and hardly ever stay for fireworks (although I love them, it's my DH and kiddos who don't really care - they'd rather be at the pool!). We don't do ADRs often. But we'll be there this weekend, staying at CBR, using the Skyliner, visiting all the parks except MK, have 2 ADRs, and will attempt park-hopping at least one day. So if there is anything I can look out for or try to find out, let me know and I'm happy to help!

I would totally do that, except it looks like they're in Georgia now, which is a longer trip than I'm willing to make today or tomorrow (about 5 hours!). I'd probably end up passing the things on I-75 :) I may see if there's anything they can do when we get to the resort if they don't miraculously show up tomorrow before we leave. I do kind of feel bad doing that, since we will get good use out of them for the next few years (or until they try and make MBs totally obsolete!). I know it's not their fault and it really won't impact our trip. Just bummed because they are super cute!
It’s worth asking the desk. Never know they might be able to give you a voucher to replace them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter