I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I am back here after over a year break. We sold our first house and bought a new one at the same time and then COVID-19 hit, so I really did not have the brain power to come back. But now with the new year I hope to be back again and I am very happy to see so many familiar “faces”. I must note that by playing this game right not only I got a lot of free travel but it also help me get lower interest in my mortgage since my credit score is much higher now than when before I started this game.
Cheers and happy new year!

Is it possible to apply for an Amex card and the CFF on the same day, or within a few days? I really want the grocery bonus before it expires but I'd like another new card also. Amex did not do a HP last time. I have 2 amex biz cards that I use regularly.

Is it possible to apply for an Amex card and the CFF on the same day, or within a few days? I really want the grocery bonus before it expires but I'd like another new card also. Amex did not do a HP last time. I have 2 amex biz cards that I use regularly.
yup, Amex probably won't do a HP and it won't post on your CR until the second statement

I really should start reading more of the "Here and Just Back" reports. I honestly wasn't even excited about this trip until today. I've been sort of in a weird relationship with this potential trip... but now that I'm doing it... I think I should start reading more!

I don't consider us the typical visitors to WDW - we don't watch parades, do character meets, and hardly ever stay for fireworks (although I love them, it's my DH and kiddos who don't really care - they'd rather be at the pool!). We don't do ADRs often. But we'll be there this weekend, staying at CBR, using the Skyliner, visiting all the parks except MK, have 2 ADRs, and will attempt park-hopping at least one day. So if there is anything I can look out for or try to find out, let me know and I'm happy to help!

It’s worth calling the facility to see if you can ask them to hold and you pick up

I would totally do that, except it looks like they're in Georgia now, which is a longer trip than I'm willing to make today or tomorrow (about 5 hours!). I'd probably end up passing the things on I-75 :) I may see if there's anything they can do when we get to the resort if they don't miraculously show up tomorrow before we leave. I do kind of feel bad doing that, since we will get good use out of them for the next few years (or until they try and make MBs totally obsolete!). I know it's not their fault and it really won't impact our trip. Just bummed because they are super cute!

Once again trying to rebook a United flight through Chase travel. Original flight was July, cost $232, then rebooked for Dec, paying an extra $220. Total credit is now $452. So they have MAJOR issues finding the 2nd credit. After 3 calls, got someone who could get that far. Now the new flight we want to book on United website is $283 for regular economy. But rep says it would cost $470 using the credit, something about she was able to book a slightly higher level of economy on her July flight? I may never book travel through Chase again.

Hello experts! I’m usually a lurker on this board but because of some Covid related debt, I haven’t done any churning in about a year. Looking at the light at the end of the tunnel now. Was looking into Hyatt but I have SO MUCH to catch up on. What’s the best program/card for Hyatt? In my attempt to read up on months of missed info, I keep seeing Hyatt buzz but not much else. However, it’s hard to filter the info overload and get a reliable opinion. You folks have never steered me wrong though :)

Currently have CSP, SW, Disney, Bonvoy Visa, CF, Bonvoy Amex, and an American Airlines Citibank between DH and I. I am at 1/24 currently I believe.

Thanks in advance for any help!

There's been a lot of Hyatt chatter since they have overlapping promotions making getting to Globalist easier. You only need 30 nights this year instead of the usual 60. There is also a double elite nights promotion for stays through 2/28. The Hyatt card is the usual tiered offer 25k/$3000, another 25k/$3000 (or total $6000 spend). They were offering 10 elite nights, but that offer's expired. The usual card benefits are 5 elite nights each year and 2 elite nights/$5000 spend. You get a category 1-4 free night every anniversary and also one if you spend $15k.

Hey, I could use some help. I have been out of the churning game for so long (think 15-20 years) that I don't even know where to start. I live in a small town in Texas where our only full jet service is SW. AA and United fly out as well, but it is their small, regional service planes. We are small business owners and do a fair amount of business travel, so keeping our SW companion pass is really important. I haven't applied for a credit card in many years and our credit is pristine. I often ask clients about the card they are using and what they love most about it, but after I found this thread, I realized this is where the experts live. FWIW, I just recently discovered there were bonus offers I could click with y Chase Disney and SW. What would you suggest?

Current Cards:
Southwest Business Visa (basic one) we always hit the 110,000 points for a companion pass with charges--credits to Mr's SW account
Southwest Visa (basic). never use it. credits to my SW account. Paying 69/yr for really nothing
United Explorer (basic 99/yr). We fly United 1-2 times a year. This card pays for an extra bag for each of us so it is a wash. In the "olden days" we got Priority Boarding. never use it.
Disney (basic) the grocery/misc. card. We get maybe a few hundred a year in reward dollars.
Capital One Business--absolutely no rewards. However, the interest rate is often next to nothing (3%) so it is sometimes used for short term business debt.
Citi Rewards+ Business--didn't even know we had this one until I saw it on our credit report. Never Use it.
Amex Platinum Business (with a second card) pay 599 + 300. We don't fully utilize this card. We keep it for the Priority Pass memberships, Centurion Club, $200 American credit and the rental car protection--really important for overseas car rentals. Once a year, each of us have to rent cars in our own name so we need both of the cards. Plus, it stinks if I am traveling sans the Mr and don't have club access.
Hilton Honors Amex. no fee. This is a sentimental card. It was my first cc over 25 years ago. I let my daughter use it for "emergencies" so it doesn't get any use at all. Since the Mr is the primary for the Amex Plat, he gets automatic gold status and we use his account for everything. This does come with a silver membership.

Goals: we travel quite a bit. We cruise on RC once every other year and fly primarily SW (because of the companion pass). We do a tiny bit of international travel every few years, but I'm not loyal to airlines. It is often whatever one had the best schedule at the moment. We are pretty basic--we might upgrade to business class on occasion. I'm not brand loyal on hotels. The Amex gives us gold status with Marriott and Hilton. I have some legacy status with IGH. We really are DL people, but we make it to WDW every other year. Hitting a minimum spending on any card shouldn't be a problem. I would just stop using the Disney or the debit card on the personal side to hit it.

What would you do in my situation?

I wanted to provide some info on an experience I had with the incentives for the Southwest Priority card I obtained recently. There were two incentives: 80,000 bonus points for meeting the MSR, and a 5X points earned on all flights purchased directly from SW through 3/31/21. I couldn't find ANY information/confirmation on the latter of the two incentives on my rewards screens (the web or the app) so I was worried about whether or not I had received that incentive. I had some flights to purchase and wanted to make sure I got those 5X points.

I called Chase and had to eventually speak to a supervisor, who said he'd look into it and see if he could get it added, but after quite a bit of investigating, he eventually came back and said that they were not separate incentives -- if you had one, you had the other -- they were inextricably linked together. He couldn't explain why it didn't show up or indicate anywhere on my side that I would get the 5X points through 3/31. He notated my account and told me to make the flight purchase, and to call them back if I didn't get the 5X point bonus on it!

Does anyone else see the 5X purchase bonus on their account (web or app)?

Hey, I could use some help. I have been out of the churning game for so long (think 15-20 years) that I don't even know where to start. I live in a small town in Texas where our only full jet service is SW. AA and United fly out as well, but it is their small, regional service planes. We are small business owners and do a fair amount of business travel, so keeping our SW companion pass is really important. I haven't applied for a credit card in many years and our credit is pristine. I often ask clients about the card they are using and what they love most about it, but after I found this thread, I realized this is where the experts live. FWIW, I just recently discovered there were bonus offers I could click with y Chase Disney and SW. What would you suggest?

Current Cards:
Southwest Business Visa (basic one) we always hit the 110,000 points for a companion pass with charges--credits to Mr's SW account
Southwest Visa (basic). never use it. credits to my SW account. Paying 69/yr for really nothing
United Explorer (basic 99/yr). We fly United 1-2 times a year. This card pays for an extra bag for each of us so it is a wash. In the "olden days" we got Priority Boarding. never use it.
Disney (basic) the grocery/misc. card. We get maybe a few hundred a year in reward dollars.
Capital One Business--absolutely no rewards. However, the interest rate is often next to nothing (3%) so it is sometimes used for short term business debt.
Citi Rewards+ Business--didn't even know we had this one until I saw it on our credit report. Never Use it.
Amex Platinum Business (with a second card) pay 599 + 300. We don't fully utilize this card. We keep it for the Priority Pass memberships, Centurion Club, $200 American credit and the rental car protection--really important for overseas car rentals. Once a year, each of us have to rent cars in our own name so we need both of the cards. Plus, it stinks if I am traveling sans the Mr and don't have club access.
Hilton Honors Amex. no fee. This is a sentimental card. It was my first cc over 25 years ago. I let my daughter use it for "emergencies" so it doesn't get any use at all. Since the Mr is the primary for the Amex Plat, he gets automatic gold status and we use his account for everything. This does come with a silver membership.

Goals: we travel quite a bit. We cruise on RC once every other year and fly primarily SW (because of the companion pass). We do a tiny bit of international travel every few years, but I'm not loyal to airlines. It is often whatever one had the best schedule at the moment. We are pretty basic--we might upgrade to business class on occasion. I'm not brand loyal on hotels. The Amex gives us gold status with Marriott and Hilton. I have some legacy status with IGH. We really are DL people, but we make it to WDW every other year. Hitting a minimum spending on any card shouldn't be a problem. I would just stop using the Disney or the debit card on the personal side to hit it.

What would you do in my situation?
You sound like a perfect candidate for the Southwest Perfomance Business card, especially since it seems like you could reach the spending requirements easily. You get 70K RR after spending $5000 within the first 3 months, then an additional 30K RR after spending $25,000 in the first 6 months of opening the card. Plus it offers extra SW points in certain categories. Offer expires 2/8/21. Easy SW Companion Pass for you!

You can't have the exact same SW Business card as before, but since this is a newer product there won't be any problem with that affecting your eligibility. After you get the SW Performance Biz card then cancel the other one. Business cards don't report to your personal credit report so there's no advantage to hanging onto that one.

If you're interested in being part of our DisChurners group on reddit, there's more strategies shared over there, and support links that can sometimes get you better CC offers. Ask @SouthFayetteFan or @Albort about joining.

Does anyone know if YouTubeTV counts as a cable service eligible for 5x points on the CIC?

I wanted to provide some info on an experience I had with the incentives for the Southwest Priority card I obtained recently. There were two incentives: 80,000 bonus points for meeting the MSR, and a 5X points earned on all flights purchased directly from SW through 3/31/21. I couldn't find ANY information/confirmation on the latter of the two incentives on my rewards screens (the web or the app) so I was worried about whether or not I had received that incentive. I had some flights to purchase and wanted to make sure I got those 5X points.

I called Chase and had to eventually speak to a supervisor, who said he'd look into it and see if he could get it added, but after quite a bit of investigating, he eventually came back and said that they were not separate incentives -- if you had one, you had the other -- they were inextricably linked together. He couldn't explain why it didn't show up or indicate anywhere on my side that I would get the 5X points through 3/31. He notated my account and told me to make the flight purchase, and to call them back if I didn't get the 5X point bonus on it!

Does anyone else see the 5X purchase bonus on their account (web or app)?
Is this the one you mean?

I see it under my account when I scroll to the bottom. You can also check your "Promotions" button.

Is this the one you mean?
View attachment 548554

I see it under my account when I scroll to the bottom. You can also check your "Promotions" button.

Yes, that's the one! What on earth!? Here's what shows up on my account:

I guess the people at Chase didn't know whether it was active? It sure looks like it isn't. Thanks a lot for showing me that. Do I have to call SW or something? Where do I go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter