I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this talk about the Away luggage...it seems like there was an AmEx deal with it, is that an ongoing thing? Are there deals on the bags? One of our Samsonite checked bags wore through on one of the corners, so we are going to be looking to replace it soon. I assume these are more durable that regular luggage? We've always just bought middle of the road bags and had decent luck, but they definitely don't last a super long time or anything.
They had a nice sale a while back which was a first I think. The best I could do was a $20 off referral link. I think at one point the green card had a $100 credit but that ended last year.

My stimulus and stepmoms, both say Wed, so then I can finally file both of our taxes. Both of my kids say no info, which is weird, as dd got hers before the rest of us in the last round. She has an IRS envelope out in the mailbox, which I didn't go get yet, hoping it's that same stimulus letter I got last time. She filed her taxes a couple of weeks ago.

Mine says Wednesday as well. My brother and brother in law have already gotten theirs.

Anyone know the best time to call the Disney resort reservation line? I need to add requests to our reservation and I don't have a lot of time with a 10 month old.

@SouthFayetteFan. just checking to see if you are ok after todays news of Drew retiring. :)
☺ well I’m very happy for him and his family! Those kids seem very excited to see more of their dad from his announcement video.

But I’m gonna miss him! 😢 The Saints are my #2 team for sure behind the Steelers. Not sure if this will change that for me or not.

Last edited:
@SouthFayetteFan. just checking to see if you are ok after todays news of Drew retiring. :)

I'm sorry for his loss, but I'm thrilled and hoping they'll want Rusell Wilson. The Saints are one of the 4 teams he'll ok a trade to, so please take him. I don't care how good he is, he thinks he's more important than he is and that he should get more say in everything with the team. As players come and go and he's the constant, you start knowing that he's also the locker room issue and needs to go. I also know most Seahawks fans would tell me I'm nuts, but there's more to a team and a player than their on the field performance.

I think she loved it. We got a decent feel for east vs. west campus (for freshman dorms). We walked almost 15 miles yesterday between the hotel to GT and back then from the aquarium to the hotel through the campus (took an Uber to the aquarium--Uber was crazy expensive).

Part of me wants her to go to Virginia Tech now because GT is so different from what I'm used to (being in the middle of a city) but I just want her to figure out where she thinks she will be happiest. I suspect she will choose GT.

I'm so glad that your DD liked GT - it's a great school and she is so lucky that she was able to visit before she has to commit. There are some good things about an urban campus - I went to a rural college, but DD was just a few mins from a large city and that provided some fun opportunities. She's considering a very urban place for her next step and some of the reasons are no need for a car, lots to do, and a direct flight home. And my DD is not a city mouse, but honestly it's not a bad option for young students. Just my 2¢.

yes, i saw jetblue in the portal but thats at 1.5 though. B6 will give u around 1.6-1.7 if u book direct. Blue and higher plans. the ones on the portal may be blue basic fare.
i did direct 2 weeks ago by transferring UR to B6.

Just a note of caution - whilst you are correct that 1.6-1.7 is obtainable at JetBlue, it is not the norm. I have seen these rates during the pandemic, and even have some flights booked at 1.7 in April. BUT, 1.4 is a more usual rate for JetBlue, and it can dip to 1.2 at times (even less on Mint fares). Looking to the future, it certainly seems as though they are looking to return to the 1.4 norm as the year progresses.

So always check the specifics for the flight you want to book, as in the past, I have often found that booking thru the Chase at Portal @1.5 betters transferring URs to JetBlue.

I applied for the Barclay’s HA Business card on Mach 8th. I just did an online status check and it said I have been denied and I will be notified why in a letter they are mailing me. I’ve seen other reports that Barclay’s business cards are difficult to open. Should I just wait until I get the letter and call their reconsideration line? I feel comfortable answering questions about my business. I am at 4/24 but after this month will drop to 3/24. I really want a HA card. If I can’t get the business version, is the personal version easier to be approved for?

Must try in HI: lilikoi sorbet! We had it for dessert last night and it is delicious. Now to hunt for the actual fruit to try. The lilikoi creme brûlée was pretty tasty too.
If you like lilikoi Get the Mai Tai at Monkeypod! So good! Also Lilikoi Hi Chews from the ABC store are fun too!

They had a nice sale a while back which was a first I think. The best I could do was a $20 off referral link. I think at one point the green card had a $100 credit but that ended last year.
I got my Away bags during the sale, DH is not a fan and complains every time we travel with them. He doesn’t like how they fold open and take twice as much space.

I applied for the Barclay’s HA Business card on Mach 8th. I just did an online status check and it said I have been denied and I will be notified why in a letter they are mailing me. I’ve seen other reports that Barclay’s business cards are difficult to open. Should I just wait until I get the letter and call their reconsideration line? I feel comfortable answering questions about my business. I am at 4/24 but after this month will drop to 3/24. I really want a HA card. If I can’t get the business version, is the personal version easier to be approved for?
It has not been my experience that personal is easier than business. In the past, I have had 2 personal and 2 biz with them, never auto approved. I had to call every time, and send verification documents several times. I wouldn't wait for the letter if you're comfortable calling. Good luck.

If you like lilikoi Get the Mai Tai at Monkeypod! So good! Also Lilikoi Hi Chews from the ABC store are fun too!
Now I'm going to sit here in my cold house and cry....:sad: MonkeyPod Happy Hour was one of the highlights of our trip to Maui.... and that Mai Tai? Yes please! My fam thought I was so silly to get excited over that meal, but we had so much fun! And the ABC store??? I think of that as our "special place":rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: seriously we walked up there 3 times a day while staying at the Marriot Beach.... :sad: Now I'm thinking about how much I love it there....

It has not been my experience that personal is easier than business. In the past, I have had 2 personal and 2 biz with them, never auto approved. I had to call every time, and send verification documents several times. I wouldn't wait for the letter if you're comfortable calling. Good luck.
So glad I called! Thank you for the advice! They just needed to verify my identity. I’ve got to round up some documents to either mail or fax to them.

How does everyone keep track of their rewards points? It looks like AwardWallet is one of the bigger ones but I'm not sure that I trust signing in through their system.

Going to have to wait til it all shakes out but it's looking like while amex is taking its time to post credits they are wasting none in pulling them back.

I had an item in my first home depot order get lost and they refunded it to my card rather than send the product or give a store credit. I had no choice as they opened an investigation and then there was the credit. That was the 10th. I wanted to wait for my statement to cut on the 12th to make the purchase so it had time to credit. Made my 2nd HD purchase for over 60 to account for the almost 7 in credit I got. However on the 11th now there's a HD 50 charge that wasn't there when I looked on Friday evening.

I also see my hilton dining credit for the same day which also wasn't there when I looked Fri evening. Hopefully once the 2nd item ships to put me over 100 total I'll then get both credits or I'll be calling.

We all know they'll claw it back but can I have a minute to fix it? I never had the issue with my saks credit when I had to return something and then buy to make it up.

Our view from Hilton Hawaiian Village...we are not impressed with the resort. It is crazy busy and check-in was super slow. Thank goodness we all have negative COVID tests because the elevators are packed like sardines. We did have a nice day exploring the island and Pali Highway to some road that took us to the North Shore. Wow, were the waves big! Of course, I waited to book a luau and now they are all sold out.
559E1C99-8780-442B-939D-2BCC3D4B1862.jpegADC5AEFE-9087-44A8-A0E5-3C9F53E40849.jpegEE0B97F0-987C-45EB-B8D0-253F748BA852.jpegDB82AD19-8FC8-44C1-9AFE-B18CD6DAE514.jpegB34EE61A-92F3-4FD1-B5CC-5FE3F188860B.jpeg507C44E7-53F0-4DAE-AA3D-0D51E55E939A.jpeg32E56599-F680-4F57-BAD0-6B6911678981.jpeg897C600C-DE6E-4F4E-82D3-0AD5AAC2276C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter