I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but mine needs to be used by 12/31. I renewed in July I believe.

ETA 12/31/2021. I guess I'm okay. :rotfl2:

I'm letting go of both my plat and gold airline credits. And probably my 10 grub hub from gold and 5 something left on uber cause it took from wallet credit then amex dec credit. I just don't even care. May use one thurs for dinner, we'll see. Have to pick anything up as I no longer trust the drivers around here. Unless I knew it was a senior aged guy, they've always been great.

few friends of mine were comparing how houses are like in other states outside of Los Angeles... its quite unbelievable how different every market is.
made a joke on a some people we met on a tour, us from LA, them from New Jersey i think... anyways, they asked us how many acres we live on, we're like acres? more like square feet! lol

LOL. I bet they would be shocked at the lack of square footage AND the cost. CA real estate is crazy. Most houses around us go for well over the asking price.

I'm letting go of both my plat and gold airline credits. And probably my 10 grub hub from gold and 5 something left on uber cause it took from wallet credit then amex dec credit. I just don't even care. May use one thurs for dinner, we'll see. Have to pick anything up as I no longer trust the drivers around here. Unless I knew it was a senior aged guy, they've always been great.

Same on the airline credits here. I have found that using the Gold card with Boxed for the $10/mo is a pretty decent deal though, and it's just really easy to use this way.

Same on the airline credits here. I have found that using the Gold card with Boxed for the $10/mo is a pretty decent deal though, and it's just really easy to use this way

I've looked on there and never find stuff I'm good paying their price on.

DH is working towards the MSR on Amex Plat, primarily using for gas and groceries due to the 10x points in first six months. However, transactions are posting as Transportation- Fuel or Merchandise & Supplies- Groceries, but only crediting as one point per dollar. I chatted with Amex and was told they confirmed the Terms and Conditions of 10x points for those categories. In regards to why these categories are posting at 1 pt instead of 10, “they rely on accurate data from merchants and allow 6-8 weeks for the points to post correctly.”

It seems to me that the data is coming in correctly, but Amex isn’t awarding the points correctly. Has anyone experienced this?

DH is working towards the MSR on Amex Plat, primarily using for gas and groceries due to the 10x points in first six months. However, transactions are posting as Transportation- Fuel or Merchandise & Supplies- Groceries, but only crediting as one point per dollar. I chatted with Amex and was told they confirmed the Terms and Conditions of 10x points for those categories. In regards to why these categories are posting at 1 pt instead of 10, “they rely on accurate data from merchants and allow 6-8 weeks for the points to post correctly.”

It seems to me that the data is coming in correctly, but Amex isn’t awarding the points correctly. Has anyone experienced this?

I think it show up under Rewards -> Points Summary. Not the individual transaction records on the main page that just shows the base points.

I’m thinking I read something several pages back about something being up with Walmart and Serve and VGC? Is this still working? Want to get some at Staples tomorrow but wanted to double check first.
I think this got answered but I had luck loading $99 twice now. And one was at a Walmart where I was a shut down a LONG time ago, LOL.

My son called me this mornin, the microphone on his phone stopped working. I thought happily to myself no problem I pay the bill with my CIP. Found the number to call and they said it’s normal wear and tear and no coverage. 😞
So now, need to figure out a good option for him that won’t break the bank. He has an iPhone 8. Looked on Amazon and they have refurb ones for $225. Usually we buy through att and just pay them off over 24-30 months and then keep a couple years longer if possible, his current phone just got paid off over the summer. He found a work around in the meantime using earbuds with a speaker on them so he can talk on the phone using those.
Any good deals on iPhones anyone knows of without upgrading or adding a line?
I've used the coverage w/ IHG prior which resulted in me getting a new phone. So this has me for SURE keeping the IHG vs switching to CIP. As far as offers, I jumped on the offers in Oct and got DD a new iphone 12 for free, traded in her 8. You could see if they are still doing the $700 offer maybe?

I was talking to my ex over christmas and I was trying to remind him to use the $60 in door dash credits on his CSR. He's like that seems like too much work. I told him, then let the kids use it. Then I asked if he called in to get the $150 AF credit, he's like no, that takes effort. I asked him if has looked into a refi now that I gave him back his VA loan (I think his rate is around 4% and VA are under 2%), he's like no again, that takes effort. Can you see why we are divorced? LOL. Must be nice to literally waste money! I figure y'all might get a laugh and understand part of the reason why we are divorced. I can't say I'm TOO shocked, he's so lazy! I mean he had to put a new engine in his 2019 Wrangler for not getting an oil change.... I'm just happy I can now say "not my monkey not my circus" these days.

The points are awarded as “bonus” 3-4 days after your purchase, so it’s listed under a separate line. That makes it look like you’re just getting 1 MR/$ but you get the other 9 MR/$ separately. That’s how it shows up on mine anyway.

I think it show up under Rewards -> Points Summary. Not the individual transaction records on the main page that just shows the base points.
The points are awarded as “bonus” 3-4 days after your purchase, so it’s listed under a separate line. That makes it look like you’re just getting 1 MR/$ but you get the other 9 MR/$ separately. That’s how it shows up on mine anyway.

Thanks so much. I have been using the app and the rewards section is much clearer on the actual website. I see these are posting as bonus several days later. Thanks!

I think I'm ready for my next card. I opened 2 Chase cards within 18 days back in Aug-Sept and thought my credit would take a big hit on that, but I checked tonight and didn't. Right now I have:

2/14 SW Premier
8/20 CFF
9/20 Bonvoy

I'm considering the CSP (60,000 SUB) or maybe trying for the SW Performance (100,000 + Jan double points + 30,000 if I spend $25,000 in 6 months). So I should be able to get the CP which I would definitely use. The 25K spend is going to be close but I think I can do it. I'm thinking that I will go for the business card now and wait to see if Chase does any good personal card SUB offers after the first of the year. If I try for the SW Performance and get denied, will that hurt my chances on trying for a different personal card after the first of the year?

I think I'm ready for my next card. I opened 2 Chase cards within 18 days back in Aug-Sept and thought my credit would take a big hit on that, but I checked tonight and didn't. Right now I have:

2/14 SW Premier
8/20 CFF
9/20 Bonvoy

I'm considering the CSP (60,000 SUB) or maybe trying for the SW Performance (100,000 + Jan double points + 30,000 if I spend $25,000 in 6 months). So I should be able to get the CP which I would definitely use. The 25K spend is going to be close but I think I can do it. I'm thinking that I will go for the business card now and wait to see if Chase does any good personal card SUB offers after the first of the year. If I try for the SW Performance and get denied, will that hurt my chances on trying for a different personal card after the first of the year?
If you are after the CP, there are better options than $25k on SW Performance Biz. I would close your SW card and then apply for the SW Performance Biz first and then apply for a SW Personal card. You’ll get CP at a much lower spend.

How long do bonus points for Amex Bonvoy cards usually take to post? According to my calculations, MSR was met at the beginning of December, and the December statement closed yesterday. Should they post in a few days since the statement MSR was met just closed, or should the post closer to the time MSR was met? I wish AMEX had a tracker like Chase to confirm when you meet your bonus...

Edited because I checked my Bonvoy account and my bonus points posted on Christmas day, and I hadn't even calculated that I'd met MSR because of a couple of returns. :confused3 I guess I'll give DH's points a few more days to post, then add a little extra spend on his card to make sure that account has met MSR.

Last edited:
Got a question for eBay sellers...

I’ve been stepping up my small biz on eBay this fall and now into winter. I had my CF set up to pay for shipping my merch through PayPal until I hit my $1500 (not even mostly shipping for that total! My biz is not that big) then recently switched my card in PayPal to default to my Amex Bonvoy biz in order to pay those shipping charges. But I’m not getting 4x points - only 2x, so apparently any Amex card won’t be the best for eBay shipping? What card does everyone use for this for the most value? CIP?

How long do bonus points for Amex Bonvoy cards usually take to post? According to my calculations, MSR was met at the beginning of December, and the December statement closed yesterday. Should they post in a few days since the statement MSR was met just closed, or should the post closer to the time MSR was met? I wish AMEX had a tracker like Chase to confirm when you meet your bonus...

Edited because I checked my Bonvoy account and my bonus points posted on Christmas day, and I hadn't even calculated that I'd met MSR because of a couple of returns. :confused3 I guess I'll give DH's points a few more days to post, then add a little extra spend on his card to make sure that account has met MSR.
I met the Amex Bonvoy Biz spend before my Dec statement closed and I didn't get the SUB. I chatted with them to make sure because I had met the spend because I was really close according to my calculations, I had me the spend but I he said they needed time to review the transactions. I guess the RAT team is working extra this holiday season. I was really hoping the SUB would post.

If you are after the CP, there are better options than $25k on SW Performance Biz. I would close your SW card and then apply for the SW Performance Biz first and then apply for a SW Personal card. You’ll get CP at a much lower spend.
Only caution is they have rejected a few of us for the SW performance biz. I waited 31 days after rejection and was approved for the Premier.

P2 will finally be under 5/24 in about a month. It's been so long that I haven't bothered keeping up with Chase application rules beyond a high level so just a simple question - which day is OK to apply? Is it the date of the 5th card +2 years, +2 years and one day, or the first of the month following the 5th card?

So it's been a little slower around here lately. Part of that is definitely the reduced travel and we just aren't attracting a lot of newer folks to the thread which creates activity and buzz. DIS traffic as a whole has to be down.

I also know that some of the shutdowns and craziness that happened earlier this year drove people away from the game, and the whole thing is cyclical too. Long term churners are rare... many people just decide the game isn't for them after a few cards.

That said, I'm interested in hearing what everybody has to say on this discussion topic:
Do you personally feel churning has improved or worsened this year?
I'm not looking for a commentary on what went well or poorly from a global churning perspective - I purely mean this on a YOU level. Perhaps your churning has improved because you got more educated on what was available. Perhaps a benefit introduced by a card worked perfectly with your strategy. Or perhaps, the things that died this year made things worse. Weigh in, join in, let's drum up a little fun activity here!

Im ready to answer now.
I got my first “travel” credit card just over 4 years ago with The CSR 100,000 point SUB. I had to wait until 12/21 this year to apply again. 2020 has been a slow year for me. Last Dec I did the SW MDD on our way home from HI. (Thank you SFF for answering SOS PM while I was in Denver airport) Then in the spring, I got the Cap One Venture. This morning I completed a MDD with the CSP and Hyatt. I think I’m pretty well set now for a while.
I don’t deal with the FOMO that I used to. My biggest regret was closing my Amex Bonvoy. I got fairly good offers on that card and the points helped me to reach Titanium this year and get another 40,000 FNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter