I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the upcoming wholesale clubs Freedom 5% category - I swear I read somewhere (blog, Facebook post, something like that...) that the 5% was only valid on in-store purchases, and not online. I just read through the fine print, though, and don’t see that restriction. Does anyone know if the 5% will be good on online purchases? Thanks!

Question about the upcoming wholesale clubs Freedom 5% category - I swear I read somewhere (blog, Facebook post, something like that...) that the 5% was only valid on in-store purchases, and not online. I just read through the fine print, though, and don’t see that restriction. Does anyone know if the 5% will be good on online purchases? Thanks!
The exclusions for wholesale clubs are: Gas, fuel, wholesale specialty service purchases such as travel, insurance, cell phone and home improvement

Online will work.

Maybe you're thinking about one of the cash back apps like Dosh. Some of those offers are only good in-store.

If you have a store near you, just buy a $50 GC at the store.

Thanks - I haven't had the AmEx cards for long, so haven't paid complete attention to the details. I didn't realize you could just get a gift card, that will be much easier now and going forward! Our closest store is about an hour, but it's the area we have to go to for most shopping anyway, so no big deal to go there.

Thanks again!

Thanks - I haven't had the AmEx cards for long, so haven't paid complete attention to the details. I didn't realize you could just get a gift card, that will be much easier now and going forward! Our closest store is about an hour, but it's the area we have to go to for most shopping anyway, so no big deal to go there.

Thanks again!
I bought a GC in store and received the credit.

Actually, I’m wondering if whoever said online wouldn’t work was thinking of buying online through Instacart, which would make sense. Glad regular online will work!
Yes, Instacart purchases usually track as grocery regardless of which store the order was from. For Costco, online works with Visa & MC, in store is Visa only.

Going to do a mattress run in Jan/Feb for the Globalist status with the bonus promotion. There is a Hyatt Place for 5K points/night close by. I'll just transfer UR points and book on points so no cash out of pocket.

I'd like to do this as well and was originally thinking I'd pay all cash. However, I have points available that I could use. I've never transferred (or used for that matter) my UR. Do I just move them from one card over to my Hyatt card and then book the room through Hyatt? Or do I have to use the portal and book through the portal? Sorry if this seems like a basic question- still trying to learn it all :)

A belated merry Christmas to everyone!I am woefully behind here but trying to catch up some. Hope everyone had a nice holiday.

In travel related news: anyone have any tips on Kentucky? Thinking of road tripping there and wondering where to stay/things to say. Bonus points for horse farm tour tips. Negative points for distillery tour recommendations :rotfl2: (we don't drink)

A belated merry Christmas to everyone!I am woefully behind here but trying to catch up some. Hope everyone had a nice holiday.

In travel related news: anyone have any tips on Kentucky? Thinking of road tripping there and wondering where to stay/things to say. Bonus points for horse farm tour tips. Negative points for distillery tour recommendations :rotfl2: (we don't drink)

https://kentuckythreedayevent.com/
I went in 2007 and it was amazing!!! I need to stop scheduling Orlando trips for this time of year😞. Lots to see around Lexington.

My son called me this mornin, the microphone on his phone stopped working. I thought happily to myself no problem I pay the bill with my CIP. Found the number to call and they said it’s normal wear and tear and no coverage. 😞
So now, need to figure out a good option for him that won’t break the bank. He has an iPhone 8. Looked on Amazon and they have refurb ones for $225. Usually we buy through att and just pay them off over 24-30 months and then keep a couple years longer if possible, his current phone just got paid off over the summer. He found a work around in the meantime using earbuds with a speaker on them so he can talk on the phone using those.
Any good deals on iPhones anyone knows of without upgrading or adding a line?

https://kentuckythreedayevent.com/
I went in 2007 and it was amazing!!! I need to stop scheduling Orlando trips for this time of year😞. Lots to see around Lexington.

Already been looking into that!! Apparently they are making the final call on what to do with it re: covid in January, so I'm keeping my eye on it. I feel like walking the cross country course would be a pretty safe covid activity though, so I'm really hoping to do that.

I'd like to do this as well and was originally thinking I'd pay all cash. However, I have points available that I could use. I've never transferred (or used for that matter) my UR. Do I just move them from one card over to my Hyatt card and then book the room through Hyatt? Or do I have to use the portal and book through the portal? Sorry if this seems like a basic question- still trying to learn it all :)

This is how I would approach it-

1) sign up for the Hyatt promotion that returns points on point stays (if you haven't already)

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/...-Amsterdam-P014-Canal-View-Bike-Flowers_nov20
2) make sure your Hyatt number is linked to your UR account

3) transfer UR->Hyatt

4) book via your Hyatt membership

HTH!

My son called me this mornin, the microphone on his phone stopped working. I thought happily to myself no problem I pay the bill with my CIP. Found the number to call and they said it’s normal wear and tear and no coverage. 😞
So now, need to figure out a good option for him that won’t break the bank. He has an iPhone 8. Looked on Amazon and they have refurb ones for $225. Usually we buy through att and just pay them off over 24-30 months and then keep a couple years longer if possible, his current phone just got paid off over the summer. He found a work around in the meantime using earbuds with a speaker on them so he can talk on the phone using those.
Any good deals on iPhones anyone knows of without upgrading or adding a line?
That is unfortunate. Who did you call? Apple or CIP? Did they decline covering the issue because of the age of the phones (iphone 8?). We recently purchased an iphone 11 directly from Apple using Chase UR, if you have them.

Already been looking into that!! Apparently they are making the final call on what to do with it re: covid in January, so I'm keeping my eye on it. I feel like walking the cross country course would be a pretty safe covid activity though, so I'm really hoping to do that.

The cross country course is an exciting day. Those horses and riders are nuts!!! The first 2 days of Dressage are interesting. I was amazed at how many horses were able to do higher level moves but gave the rider the middle finger at the stop and back. Each maneuver worth 10 points. Then the jumping on the final day... the horses that allowed the riders to drive did well. Those that took over made mistakes.
They had many farm tours during that time.

Last edited:
I just called them. It’s a local hotel btw. They said that they would put a hold on my credit card for $50/day and then I would get it back a few days after I check out. Phew! For those doing Mattress Runs with several days that could be a shock to see $$$$ on your credit card if your hotel charges that upfront.

Ok...I saw a sign in the lobby they would be putting a $15 hold for incidentals but that will be refunded on check out.

I just called them. It’s a local hotel btw. They said that they would put a hold on my credit card for $50/day and then I would get it back a few days after I check out. Phew! For those doing Mattress Runs with several days that could be a shock to see $$$$ on your credit card if your hotel charges that upfront.
Most hotels do this to one extent or another. I've been to 5 different Hilton Properties in the last 6 months and each of them put an incidental hold on my card for a different amount. Some reasonable, $10-20, some wholly unreasonable. How can you justify a $100 hold for one night at a DoubleTree with the restaurant closed?
You need to transfer from your CSP, CSR or CIP to Hyatt in the rewards tab. Then use those now Hyatt points to book.
Hillerich & Bradsby in Louisville. Where they make the Louisville Slugger. That may be on my list this summer for a roadtrip with my wife.

Is there a benefit to applying for a new card during business hours versus an evening like tonight? Just sitting around tonight thinking of applying DH for the citi AA biz card but wondering if it’d be better to do it tomorrow? I was thinking I had read somewhere that there were more same day approvals if applied during hours the offices were open? The last time he applied they wanted him to call and he wouldn’t so the app died. When I applied they just sent a letter that requested info faxed or mailed in to verify ID so that was easy. He absolutely will not call :(

I went to school in Lexington and lived there for seven years. We usually go back at least once a year. Are you planning visiting a specific area or time of year? The KY Horse Park is great, if your going in April or October they will be racing at Keeneland (well at least during normal years) and most of the big horse farms have tours. We visited Three Chimneys once and they let you watch the breeding session - wasn’t expecting that close up and personal of a tour! :rotfl2:If the timing is right some of the farms give nursery tours of all the babies! DM me with any questions you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter