• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking I read something several pages back about something being up with Walmart and Serve and VGC? Is this still working? Want to get some at Staples tomorrow but wanted to double check first.
Yes, there is. At first it started with only being able to load less than $100 at a time. Then a memo went out that starting Dec 18 they would stop doing transactions that involved MS, but that has proved to be ymmv. I'd definitely start with one and be prepared in case it doesn't work.

I should say I haven't personally loaded at Walmart for a long time, but this is what I've read.

Last edited:
Question about the Hyatt Mattress Run...
I saw this in my checkin email:
A note from Hyatt Place
DUE TO ENHANCED FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE PROTOCOLS FOR RESTAURANTS AND ROOM SERVICE AS A RESULT OF COVID-19, BREAKFAST,FOOD AND BEVERAGE OPTIONS AT HYATT HOTELS WILL DIFFER FROM PREVIOUS BREAKFAST,FOOD AND BEVERAGE OFFERINGS. $50 DAILY INCIDENTAL CHARGE WILL APPLY.
Does that mean I will get charged $50/day no matter what even if I don’t eat there?

You can see it but as you said it’s not easy..I look under Ultimate Rewards activity..it shows how much you have earned so far under 4x rewards...I’m looking on my iPad not on the app
That helped--thanks! Looks like my last two OM purchases were at 1% so I am maxed out until 1/1. I called and switched my CIU to a CIC so now I'll drive myself nuts trying to do $4K in visa gift cards/month.

Last edited:
Can someone remind me how the csr travel credit works? Is it calendar year? Or renewal date? Also does anyone know how long restaurants and grocery count? Til end of 2020? My husband has been getting credit for his 5 guys lunch trips suddenly and it’s messing up my accounting 😆

Can someone remind me how the csr travel credit works? Is it calendar year? Or renewal date? Also does anyone know how long restaurants and grocery count? Til end of 2020? My husband has been getting credit for his 5 guys lunch trips suddenly and it’s messing up my accounting 😆
Calendar year starting after your Dec statement close. Not sure how long grocery and restaurants count.

Credit is Anniversary date, it will show in the travel portal.

Does that mean I will get charged $50/day no matter what even if I don’t eat there?
That's strange. I didn't get that notice. I checked in yesterday.

My ciu is already showing as a cic on the app so I think I can head to staples. The rep told me it would take three business days.

I read this post and remembered to call Chase and turn my CIU into a CIC, so thank you.

The CS agent said it would change immediately and would be good for the new rewards structure right away. This was said as part of the reading of the terms and conditions. I didn't ask it as a question.

So, does Staples have fee free Visa's this week? I can almost throw a stick at my nearest Staples but usually order stuff online. But for 5ur I will pick up fee free visa to spend at Costco. Or supplement my DGC collection as necessary.

Did your booking say anything about a 50/day charge? Wait - is this in another country?

In the summer I stayed at Hyatt Place in Ocean City, Maryland and had no incidental charges. The food options were different in that you got a paper sack and gathered them from the line/counter to take to your room. There were no hot dishes of food that you would scoop onto a plate. Everything was sealed up,

I would call and ask the hotel before I would pay $50 for Hyatt Place incidentals. Yikes.

I read this post and remembered to call Chase and turn my CIU into a CIC, so thank you.

The CS agent said it would change immediately and would be good for the new rewards structure right away. This was said as part of the reading of the terms and conditions. I didn't ask it as a question.

So, does Staples have fee free Visa's this week? I can almost throw a stick at my nearest Staples but usually order stuff online. But for 5ur I will pick up fee free visa to spend at Costco. Or supplement my DGC collection as necessary.
Yes and you can buy five $200 Visas.

So I wasn't paying attention when she read the terms and asked at the end and that's when I was told three business days.

Did your booking say anything about a 50/day charge? Wait - is this in another country?

In the summer I stayed at Hyatt Place in Ocean City, Maryland and had no incidental charges. The food options were different in that you got a paper sack and gathered them from the line/counter to take to your room. There were no hot dishes of food that you would scoop onto a plate. Everything was sealed up,

I would call and ask the hotel before I would pay $50 for Hyatt Place incidentals. Yikes.
I just called them. It’s a local hotel btw. They said that they would put a hold on my credit card for $50/day and then I would get it back a few days after I check out. Phew! For those doing Mattress Runs with several days that could be a shock to see $$$$ on your credit card if your hotel charges that upfront.

Any experience having to return a portion of your saks order for the amex credit? This is driving me crazy, but I'm going to have to return / reorder the item I ordered with DH's amex. They don't have in our local store to exchange. If I reorder today (so it will be on card by the end of the year), but have to return the item that created the credit I received, will I still be ok?

Timeline:
$147.26 order placed on 12/14
$50 credit received on 12/17

I need to return this, so can I reorder today so it will post to credit card by 12/31 and then return original order and still keep $50 credit?

I"m going to have to do it regardless, so I guess I'll find out, but I hope I didn't mess up this year's credit in the process :crazy:

Any experience having to return a portion of your saks order for the amex credit? This is driving me crazy, but I'm going to have to return / reorder the item I ordered with DH's amex. They don't have in our local store to exchange. If I reorder today (so it will be on card by the end of the year), but have to return the item that created the credit I received, will I still be ok?

Timeline:
$147.26 order placed on 12/14
$50 credit received on 12/17

I need to return this, so can I reorder today so it will post to credit card by 12/31 and then return original order and still keep $50 credit?

I"m going to have to do it regardless, so I guess I'll find out, but I hope I didn't mess up this year's credit in the process :crazy:
If you have a store near you, just buy a $50 GC at the store.

I see there's a 10 off when you buy 100 in visa gc at Safeway. Only this one offer, not the normal save 15, save 100. I'll take it though as it's at least a little help towards msr.
When they were running this promo over the summer I bought $500 variable loads. Giving me a $4.05 profit.

I just called them. It’s a local hotel btw. They said that they would put a hold on my credit card for $50/day and then I would get it back a few days after I check out. Phew! For those doing Mattress Runs with several days that could be a shock to see $$$$ on your credit card if your hotel charges that upfront.

I've had this happen quite often and with Marriott it stays pending for 5 nights and then drops off.

I know Hyatt did it also but I was confusing it with a possible resort fee.

Just spent an hour roaming around the Hyatt website as I have 2 of the 15K certificates to use this year with a third coming in the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter