I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Escapades of afan continue. Waiting in my car outside petsmart for curbside pu, they gave me $10 in rewards for some reason so I'm getting the boys toys. Anyway it's raining per usual in seattle in the winter so people wearing hoods isn't weird. Watching people go in, guys hood says KO on the side which makes me wonder what that stands for. Few minutes later he comes jogging out of the store carrying what looks like 2 15lb bags of blue buffalo dog or cat food, they are the only brand I can think of that has a light colored top. Think huh he's running, oh he just stole pet food huh. People stopped and watched then an employee comes walking out after him. Nothing done obvs and like 15 min later I'm still waiting for my order and am so not dressed for going inside anywhere so...

Oh and this place is like a mile or so as the crow flies from the dick's I saw the shoplifter at. Yes it's a big issue around here.

Escapades of afan continue. Waiting in my car outside petsmart for curbside pu, they gave me $10 in rewards for some reason so I'm getting the boys toys. Anyway it's raining per usual in seattle in the winter so people wearing hoods isn't weird. Watching people go in, guys hood says KO on the side which makes me wonder what that stands for. Few minutes later he comes jogging out of the store carrying what looks like 2 15lb bags of blue buffalo dog or cat food, they are the only brand I can think of that has a light colored top. Think huh he's running, oh he just stole pet food huh. People stopped and watched then an employee comes walking out after him. Nothing done obvs and like 15 min later I'm still waiting for my order and am so not dressed for going inside anywhere so...

Oh and this place is like a mile or so as the crow flies from the dick's I saw the shoplifter at. Yes it's a big issue around here.
I saw my first shoplifter yesterday! I pulled up to the liquor store yesterday, a young man (looked a little rough) came out and reached down his pants. I thought he was adjusting himself...but nope...pulled out a coke. It was just a coke, but I’m guessing he was seeing what he could get away with. Not DD worked retail. They were instructed not to do anything if they witnessed shoplifting!

I saw my first shoplifter yesterday! I pulled up to the liquor store yesterday, a young man (looked a little rough) came out and reached down his pants. I thought he was adjusting himself...but nope...pulled out a coke. It was just a coke, but I’m guessing he was seeing what he could get away with. Not DD worked retail. They were instructed not to do anything if they witnessed shoplifting!
Yep. Our stores are instructed the same. Do not go after shoplifters. Too dangerous. No store in CA wants to be the defendant pleading it wasn’t their fault their employee got shot trying to save a store $.

Means we don’t get cool stuff like Costco self check-out. Or grocery self checkout. Target has it! But they had to tape off the coupon slot and require employee approval for every coupon because people kept scanning real coupons & slipping blank pieces of paper in the dispenser 🤦🏻‍♀️

At least in college they can sleep in class. Even in the uncomfortable wooden, no padding, fold down lecture room chairs. Econ teacher spent more time talking about his high school days than the course material. Gave up on the huge marketing class and just slept in since they put the power point online.

The classes with actual desks or tables that were generally 50 or less people I stayed awake in. Lecture halls too if it was interesting or had a friend to chat with. Awful yes, but then you shouldn't be boring 😂 I was much better my 2nd degree but I also didn't have any class bigger than 50 people and most were interesting since it was all for my major and a few ge classes.
One of my favorite Prof stories in school was of a student who fell asleep in his class. It was a small class of like 20. Student fell asleep and the Prof had everybody leave silently. Said if the student woke class would go back in session. Apparently the student didn’t wake up until the next class came in. I cannot imagine having to go to class again after that 😂

I have family up in Skagit county who manages retail. She was on the phone with me yesterday and had to leave because they just had another major shoplifting incident. Since the pandemic began the shoplifters have become so bold she says. They walk in, grab what they want and leave.

Anyone here ever stayed at the Doubletree Hilton Disney Springs? I booked this hotel on Hilton points for this coming week months ago after cancelling 3 trips already this year and thinking I would probably end up cancelling this one but looks like it’s going to happen. Thank goodness! It’ll be our first trip ever not on property but thanks to this board I’ve got more than enough Hilton points to stay without costing me anything but the parking fees and with there being not so many benefits to staying on site right now I figured why not try it? It’ll be nice to have a suite vs our usual room at Pop being that both my kids are now adults. I’m just so used to being on property I’m a little nervous for some reason. Also, I booked a rental car with CIP but am I remembering correctly that insurance is better with CSP? Maybe I should rebook. And does anyone know if airport parking codes as travel or transportation? Trying to figure out which card to put that on.

On a side note, I work in a nursing home and after just a few random covid cases so far we got bombed two weeks ago. Over 60 residents positive and 50 staff. Been working almost around the clock in our red zone- I’m a PT but have been working as a nurses aid basically since mostly nursing staff is who got it. I’m exhausted and need this break more than you can imagine. Finally the National Guard was able to send us some help this week so I’ve been off this week kind of quarantining before our trip- but I’ll still be tested twice this week at my facility- so I can feel fairly confident I won’t be taking covid to Disney with me. Without the National Guard I would’ve had to cancel my trip- so thankful and appreciative of them right now. With DS moving on to the next stage in his life after this spring semester this may be our last family-of-4 vacation.

Anyone here ever stayed at the Doubletree Hilton Disney Springs? I booked this hotel on Hilton points for this coming week months ago after cancelling 3 trips already this year and thinking I would probably end up cancelling this one but looks like it’s going to happen. Thank goodness! It’ll be our first trip ever not on property but thanks to this board I’ve got more than enough Hilton points to stay without costing me anything but the parking fees and with there being not so many benefits to staying on site right now I figured why not try it? It’ll be nice to have a suite vs our usual room at Pop being that both my kids are now adults. I’m just so used to being on property I’m a little nervous for some reason. Also, I booked a rental car with CIP but am I remembering correctly that insurance is better with CSP? Maybe I should rebook. And does anyone know if airport parking codes as travel or transportation? Trying to figure out which card to put that on.

On a side note, I work in a nursing home and after just a few random covid cases so far we got bombed two weeks ago. Over 60 residents positive and 50 staff. Been working almost around the clock in our red zone- I’m a PT but have been working as a nurses aid basically since mostly nursing staff is who got it. I’m exhausted and need this break more than you can imagine. Finally the National Guard was able to send us some help this week so I’ve been off this week kind of quarantining before our trip- but I’ll still be tested twice this week at my facility- so I can feel fairly confident I won’t be taking covid to Disney with me. Without the National Guard I would’ve had to cancel my trip- so thankful and appreciative of them right now. With DS moving on to the next stage in his life after this spring semester this may be our last family-of-4 vacation.

Yikes! I hope you stay safe.

I’ll keep your nursing home in my prayers.

Can’t answer many questions but any chance you have a Blue Cash Preferred? That would be my bet as parking is included in their transit category.

(Hope you have a great trip! I tried a few times this year and finally got to go in Nov with my family and it was the exact mental break we all needed. Back in shutdown in CA now and those memories are helping us keep our sanity!)

I have family up in Skagit county who manages retail. She was on the phone with me yesterday and had to leave because they just had another major shoplifting incident. Since the pandemic began the shoplifters have become so bold she says. They walk in, grab what they want and leave.

They were doing this stuff before covid down here, I just never saw it. The ladies at the starbucks kiosk inside my Fred's told me about people just walking out with big screen tv's, carts full of groceries, diapers, laundry detergent etc. They aren't allowed to run after at Fred's and the shoplifters know when the security people are there and when the cops are hanging out and when they aren't, so they hit it when they aren't. Sunday it was actually a washington state patrol instead of a city cop which I thought was interesting, course he was also listening to music on one earbud while he was standing there. And yes I'm sure it was because he only had 1 in, was messing with what looked like an apple watch and when I walked by the 2nd time you could hear his walkie and he was leaning over towards it to listen so they haven't started using earbuds for that.

There's temporary camera's in the parking lot too, up on a pole from a police thing they can tow in. There's a couple at Lowes as well and it's not just my city, was a couple over last week at a different Fred's and they had one there too.

Heaven help us if we go back to online only ( I don't THINK we will as our district seems... resistant... to the idea)... my older son (16) would definitely sleep. We did first quarter online only and he has block classes (so only three classes per day) so he would get up, "check in," and go back to sleep until the next class... wash rinse repeat. Ugh. Our district has either in-person, or you attend through the "online academy" which, by all accounts, is awful (none of the teachers are teachers in our district and there is NO live instruction). No option to have your child's actual teacher teaching the way they were at the beginning of the year... but if the school tells your student he/she cannot come to school because of either a positive test or a "close" exposure to classmate with a positive test, then you must stay home for 14 days and do online only... it's so weird.

Shoplifting... obviously I take tons of shoplifting calls at work but I've only ever seen one in person. We had a Kohl's where the loss prevention department was quite... unusual in that they would actually chase shoplifters. I don't think they do that any more. But a lot of places will call us while they are watching the person on camera and we often contact them as they walk out the door.

On the credit card front, i've shifted ALL my spending to the "new" CIC in hopes that they'll do the higher bonus if I make it, but for the first time, I might not make it. I think I have only about a month left and it's looking pretty iffy right now.

Hope everyone is staying healthy. It's ugly out there.

I had an invitation to participate through Acurian Health. They offered up to $1250, but I didn't do it.
I actually only did it in part for the money:) I am really fortunate to be very healthy and desperately want an effective and safe vaccine (so worried about my parents) so I decided to do my part. Plus by the time I started there were already results so I figured it was likely safe and gave me a two-thirds chance of being vaccinated early.

Oh, goodness. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this and hope you stay healthy.

Last few days were stressful at work. Today should be better. I'm either applying for Chase bank bonus (finally hit two years since last bonus) or Amex Biz Platinum today.

And so far my Staples has had visa gift cards every time I've gone. I've gotten $3000 this week. Still have $3000 to go until I max out office supply store spending on my CIC.

Good luck with the situation at work! Tough times for sure and you certainly deserve the break!
I'm pretty sure parking codes as travel on your CSP.

Also saw the rumor ihg is extending expiration on fnc’s that expire end of this month. I have one that I’ll lose if they don’t so hoping it’s true! I was just this week considering what I might do to not lose it but it would be great to not feel I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter