I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@becauseimnew , did I say just one more question? I lied. Let's say I book a Hyatt in December but check out New Year's day (January 1, 2021), then all the double nights count for 2021, not 2020. Correct? I thought I read somewhere that your checkout date controls, but I can't find it now.

Plus you should get stay points and whatever other promo may stack. For my 60k/3 night stay last summer I ended up with 22,500 points returned. 15K for the 25% back plus an additional 7500.
Points are still earned on nights booked with points? Or only when paying with cash?

For those people @Albort and others who ordered iphones through the Chase 1.5 PYB deal, have you received any updates? I just searched through my emails, and I can't find anything - not even a first email. They did take my points though.

@becauseimnew , did I say just one more question? I lied. Let's say I book a Hyatt in December but check out New Year's day (January 1, 2021), then all the double nights count for 2021, not 2020. Correct? I thought I read somewhere that your checkout date controls, but I can't find it now.
That’s correct. If you book 5 nights and check out 12/31, that’s 5 nights in 2020 and 5 in 2021. But if you check out on 1/1 that’s 10 nights in 2021.

Yes, elite nights are posted to the checkout date. Details here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/...WOH-Q3-Promo-Campaign-Collage-with-Wine_nov20
Remember to register for the promotions.

Yes, elite nights are posted to the checkout date. Details here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/...WOH-Q3-Promo-Campaign-Collage-with-Wine_nov20
Remember to register for the promotions.
I think I did. Thank you. I already booked 6 nights in December for a cash price of $59 for a mattress run with a checkout date of 1/1/21. I'm planning to check in and check out. I will not really stay at the hotel. I think I can manage the other 4 nights in February organically, but I figure if I change all my spend to the hyatt card, I might need less than 4.

Minor redemption fail today. I had planned to use my venture card points to cover the rental car for our Orlando trip. Unfortunately, I was doing some downsizing and Left it behind. Thanks to @georgina and learning about the (more....) area of Chase, I see my SW Priority card has CDW coverage. We fly out later this afternoon for 12 days in Orlando. No parks, just relaxing at Lakeshore Reserve.

Question about the current 5% bonus for using PayPal with a CFF. If I click through Rakuten, and then pay by PayPal (with my CFF), will I still get the Rakuten cash back? Or does Rakuten see it as a payment by PayPal and not my CFF (if that makes sense??). Thanks!

Minor redemption fail today. I had planned to use my venture card points to cover the rental car for our Orlando trip. Unfortunately, I was doing some downsizing and Left it behind. Thanks to @georgina and learning about the (more....) area of Chase, I see my SW Priority card has CDW coverage. We fly out later this afternoon for 12 days in Orlando. No parks, just relaxing at Lakeshore Reserve.
Well, thanks! I get so much out of this group, it is nice to know I could help a little. Hope you have a great relaxing trip!

I think I did. Thank you. I already booked 6 nights in December for a cash price of $59 for a mattress run with a checkout date of 1/1/21. I'm planning to check in and check out. I will not really stay at the hotel. I think I can manage the other 4 nights in February organically, but I figure if I change all my spend to the hyatt card, I might need less than 4.

I would strongly recommend that you let the front desk know that you're not going to be using the room so that they don't think you're not there and check you out early. That happened to me on my first (of many) stays at the HP Huntsville. Fortunately, my Hyatt Conceirge was able to work with them and I got credit for all of the nights but it was a mess for about a week.

I would strongly recommend that you let the front desk know that you're not going to be using the room so that they don't think you're not there and check you out early. That happened to me on my first (of many) stays at the HP Huntsville. Fortunately, my Hyatt Conceirge was able to work with them and I got credit for all of the nights but it was a mess for about a week.
Ok. I appreciate the heads up. How do I do that? Hello, I'm here to check in. I'll be back to check out but I won't be using the room. Sounds fishy. No? I mean... why would they even check the room?

Question about the current 5% bonus for using PayPal with a CFF. If I click through Rakuten, and then pay by PayPal (with my CFF), will I still get the Rakuten cash back? Or does Rakuten see it as a payment by PayPal and not my CFF (if that makes sense??). Thanks!
Using paypal should not affect your Rakuten cash back as long as you are following the terms for the store.

I just learned that Lowe's is one of the stores in the card linked program on JetBlue's shopping portal. I still have 1 Lowe's offer left on a Chase card and I was able to add that card. If you haven't already maxed out your offers, you can earn 3 JetBlue points/dollar.

If you have a Chase Lowe's offer, there is a current promo where if you buy a $200 vgc in-store you will receive a $15 Lowe's e-gift card that can be used in-store or online. I had the Chase offer for $19 max back at Lowe's and paid the $6.95 activation fee. (I also bought a can of Lysol spray, which is the first time I've seen one in the stores!) The promo is printed on the receipt: the event is valid 12/3-12/9, you can claim the bonus e-gift until 12/23. On DoC, I saw there is a limit of 2 (?) but not sure how that works, I just bought one. I might go back and get more with the other cards that have the Lowe's offer.

I got an email from Fios yesterday if I upgrade from 400 mbps to gigabit internet I can get a $100 Verizon gift card. Seems like a decent deal.

And I decided to use my last Platinum streaming credit toward the HBO Max 6-month offer. I'm loving the Flight Attendant right now.

I got an email from Fios yesterday if I upgrade from 400 mbps to gigabit internet I can get a $100 Verizon gift card. Seems like a decent deal.

And I decided to use my last Platinum streaming credit toward the HBO Max 6-month offer. I'm loving the Flight Attendant right now.
We just got XFinity at our house (we have been in the dark ages with DirectTV and an ATT WiFi box) and went with the gigabit plan. What a difference it has made with telework and evening entertainment. DS loves being able to reliably play PSPlus with his BFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter