I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UVA posted their class of 2024 stats and they had 150 take a gap year from a class of 3785. Twice the normal amount it said. Though 30 plan to only take a semester and enroll in spring. I didn't even know that was an option. I really thought the number would be higher. @havaneselover 749 were admitted ED.
We are trying to figure out what to do for dd20. She lost the spring semester as she was supposed to be in the DCP. Took 6 hours over the summer in online classes. Taking 15 hours this fall, all online, and hating every minute. She doesn't want to go back in the spring if it's going to look the same as this fall and the school is saying it will look 'a lot like this fall'. Trying to decide if she takes a gap semester, only takes a couple classes and works more, or hangs in there with a full load. She was sent home from the DCP and went back to her old job once they opened back up in early June. She was laid off a few weeks ago. So, she hates school right now and has no job. We know a ton of kids who either took a gap fall semester or a full gap year.

We are trying to figure out what to do for dd20. She lost the spring semester as she was supposed to be in the DCP. Took 6 hours over the summer in online classes. Taking 15 hours this fall, all online, and hating every minute. She doesn't want to go back in the spring if it's going to look the same as this fall and the school is saying it will look 'a lot like this fall'. Trying to decide if she takes a gap semester, only takes a couple classes and works more, or hangs in there with a full load. She was sent home from the DCP and went back to her old job once they opened back up in early June. She was laid off a few weeks ago. So, she hates school right now and has no job. We know a ton of kids who either took a gap fall semester or a full gap year.

I feel for you and your daughter. Good luck with your decision. Right now, there just don't seem to be a lot of great options to choose from.

I feel for you and your daughter. Good luck with your decision. Right now, there just don't seem to be a lot of great options to choose from.
Thank you. I know you have kiddos in this young adult age too and that, imo, is the hardest hit by all of this. I have kids ranging from 20-9. By far, my 20yo has lost the most. Followed by my 18yo. So hard for these kids...

Citi has the WORST fraud dept!! My husband had a charge on his Sears-Citi Visa card. It was around $180 from Booking .com. To book a hotel in Moscow. We definitely didn't book it. Hadn't left the country in 10 years. Have never traveled to Russia. And so I filed a fraud report. They said 30 days. But did waive the charge till investigated.
Lots of silly stories on citi fraud department. Had a friend who was trying to make a purchase but was flagged by citi. someone called him to ask if it was him, he cleared it. Try to make a purchase again, failed... while still on the phone, he gets another call from Citi asking him about his purchase... so he connected both citi reps into a 3 way and they had a nice chat...

But you are assuming (correctly) that I am vacationing in Alaska and not Louisville :D
Hi @djmeredith :wave2:

Fairbanks was fun, family and i went in Jan to chase the Northern Lights. If you ever need to do ur GE interview, thats the place to go lol.
As for your flight question, it seems like u need to get to Seattle and then u should be able to find F class easier. DL and UA seems to be your own choice though. I searched a random date for DL and found nothing. i forgot to check UA.

Oh, gosh. I'm so sorry she's dealing with all of this. My oldest is a senior in high school, but I agree--these older "kids" have it the worst. Glad your daughter has such a supportive, loving family to help her get through this.

I have a credit in my Alaska airlines account because of a cancelation due to COVID, but they would not refund to card I only got a monetary credit. The credit expires in June of 2021. I got this email about converting it to points, and info about the new program coming:
Go from $100 to 10,000 miles!
Turn your wallet credit into award travel.
You have xxx in your account. That’s xxx miles worth of credit enough for a roundtrip Hawai‘i flight!* Miles never expire, as long as you keep your account active.
This offer is just one more way we’re giving you more flexibility to travel when it works for you. By banking miles now, you can look ahead to award travel. Plus, with the number of Alaska Global Partners—including American Airlines and the addition of the oneworld® alliance in 2021—you can soon redeem those miles for a long-awaited adventure.

Does anyone have any insight on the One world alliance?
I think I'm going to convert because I don't think we will be able to use the wallet credit before it expires and I do not want to lose that money. :mad: Side note, still kicking myself for just not waiting another week and they would of cancelled the flight themselves and I would of gotten the full refund.

I’ve been wanting a Nintendo switch for awhile now so I could play animal crossing but it was always out of stock and we’ve been dealing with some things at home. I’m having to hold ds for all naps which means I have a ton of time to play now lol. I’m really considering just buying from Amazon today. It has free one day shipping for the console and game. Does this sound like a bad idea?

I’ve been wanting a Nintendo switch for awhile now so I could play animal crossing but it was always out of stock and we’ve been dealing with some things at home. I’m having to hold ds for all naps which means I have a ton of time to play now lol. I’m really considering just buying from Amazon today. It has free one day shipping for the console and game. Does this sound like a bad idea?
Best Buy has the AC Switch in stock- https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ninten...on-32gb-console-multi/6401728.p?skuId=6401728

DS insisted he wanted a Switch and has never used the darn thing.

Nope. You deserve it.

I have a credit in my Alaska airlines account because of a cancelation due to COVID, but they would not refund to card I only got a monetary credit. The credit expires in June of 2021. I got this email about converting it to points, and info about the new program coming:
Go from $100 to 10,000 miles!
Turn your wallet credit into award travel.
You have xxx in your account. That’s xxx miles worth of credit enough for a roundtrip Hawai‘i flight!* Miles never expire, as long as you keep your account active.
This offer is just one more way we’re giving you more flexibility to travel when it works for you. By banking miles now, you can look ahead to award travel. Plus, with the number of Alaska Global Partners—including American Airlines and the addition of the oneworld® alliance in 2021—you can soon redeem those miles for a long-awaited adventure.

Does anyone have any insight on the One world alliance?
I think I'm going to convert because I don't think we will be able to use the wallet credit before it expires and I do not want to lose that money. :mad: Side note, still kicking myself for just not waiting another week and they would of cancelled the flight themselves and I would of gotten the full refund.

I'd conver it. It's a good deal and it's much easier to keep the miles active than using the award wallet funds before they expire. You can get good award value at thr moment with Alaska or with a partner airline. No one knows how joining the alliance may affect their mileage program.

So early, early Thursday morning I spent 4 hours in the ER with adult DS with what turns out to be a kidney stone. Thankfully, it passed one hour after we got back home and he’s doing fine now. Last night he asks me what card he should open to cover his medical bills. He said even when he was suffering from the excruciating pain he was also thinking about being able to easily meet the MSR on a new card. I’ve trained him well! I just finished the MSR on my Hyatt card so I plan to refer him. Neither of us is eligible for a Sapphire card until late December.

So early, early Thursday morning I spent 4 hours in the ER with adult DS with what turns out to be a kidney stone. Thankfully, it passed one hour after we got back home and he’s doing fine now. Last night he asks me what card he should open to cover his medical bills. He said even when he was suffering from the excruciating pain he was also thinking about being able to easily meet the MSR on a new card. I’ve trained him well! I just finished the MSR on my Hyatt card so I plan to refer him. Neither of us is eligible for a Sapphire card until late December.
i don't know if I should like this post or not LOL. As a mom/wife of kidney stone sufferers I feel the pain, but as a person who met an MSR and a half with $4400 in hospital bills from the worst kidney stone ever in December I have to LOL at that comment.

Curious, is anyone able to tell me what one can do with 25000 bonus points from a US Bank Altitude Go card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter