I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you all please confirm that I'm am understand this correctly. If I book AA award flights for next summer I can cancel and have the miles reinstated for free as long as I do it more than 60 days out AND they are AA flights. (no AA status)
View attachment 530590
I’d like to know as well. What does “ticketed” mean? Is that when you are flying, not when you booked the flight? I was assuming It is flight date. does any one know if it is for all flights in 2021, regardless of when booked? I am hoping this means I can cancel Hawaii in Jan/Feb and get my miles back free. Even though Hawaii is opening in Oct with a negative test, I am not feeling it. Going all that way and not being what it was pre-COVID. I also worry things might change during our 2 week trip and we could even be stuck in lock down.

I was going to try to move the flight out a year, but flights won’t be available until after the trip should have started.

WDW Skyliner question... I've been reading over on the boards about the Skyliner and long lines where they all merge at CBR (we are staying at CBR).

Does the Skyliner at Riviera go to DHS, or to Epcot? Sort of confused about that.
When we rode the skyliner from Epcot to HS and back, we had to transfer at CBR. We went through the Riviera skyliner station but did not get out. Looking at a map, it looks like you can go straight to Epcot from Riviera but have to switch at CBR to go to HS. It looks like everyone has to get off at CBR to transfer. Here's a color coded map, provided the website is 'approved' for DIS - (nope they asterisked it out). Google should work.

When we rode the skyliner from Epcot to HS and back, we had to transfer at CBR. We went through the Riviera skyliner station but did not get out. Looking at a map, it looks like you can go straight to Epcot from Riviera but have to switch at CBR to go to HS. It looks like everyone has to get off at CBR to transfer. Here's a color coded map, provided the website is 'approved' for DIS - (nope they asterisked it out). Google should work.
OK thanks. That is sort of what I thought but it's hard to piece it together from all the posts.

I think we are still going to try the walking or hybrid walking option... Skyliner for DHS rope drop seems very stressful

I’d like to know as well. What does “ticketed” mean? Is that when you are flying, not when you booked the flight? I was assuming It is flight date. does any one know if it is for all flights in 2021, regardless of when booked? I am hoping this means I can cancel Hawaii in Jan/Feb and get my miles back free. Even though Hawaii is opening in Oct with a negative test, I am not feeling it. Going all that way and not being what it was pre-COVID. I also worry things might change during our 2 week trip and we could even be stuck in lock down.

I was going to try to move the flight out a year, but flights won’t be available until after the trip should have started.
I wish we could call someone but I doubt the frontline reps know.

Maybe Twitter?

OK thank you. I'll have to go look to see if there are others.

Interestingly, the departure time hasn't changed but all the flight numbers did.

Yes, PHX-MCO direct/nonstop

Direct and nonstop aren't the same. Direct has a stop(s) but no change in plane or flight number. Nonstop has no stops 😊

Look and see what they have and then call. It's an easy call, just tell them there was a flight change you don't like.

Direct and nonstop aren't the same. Direct has a stop(s) but no change in plane or flight number. Nonstop has no stops 😊

Look and see what they have and then call. It's an easy call, just tell them there was a flight change you don't like.
Sorry. I meant non stop :)

Direct would be OK too but i Far far prefer non stop

Soooo there is currently only one nonstop from MCO-PHX that day and it leaves around 10 am. Currently our departure is around 5:30 PM.

Hmmm decisions decisons

I booked the Grand Hyatt in Tokyo for my 4 nights. It's the same cat at the Tokyo Station Hotel that I really want that is still only bookable through the end of March. Plus it'd get me another square on Hyatt bingo that the PH wouldn't. Plus, aside from the views that I wouldn't really be in the room to enjoy, the PH doesn't excite me, esp when it's another 20k in points.

Waiting to book Okinawa to see if Hyatt might extend the cert I got in May in a few months now that they've done through Feb. I can't book the TDLR Hilton because it's only open through June 27. But the Tokyo hotel is the one I want to make sure I have, while it's 2-3 weeks after the Olympics who knows how many will go and how many will stay after or decide to travel there after they are over. So for now I sit and wait when I just want to plan more.

My understanding is that flights booked before Dec. 31st 2020 are eligible for no change fees and free miles reinstatement. I haven’t looked beyond to flights booked in 2021. I also believe “ticketed” is the date of purchase. I’m pretty sure you’re good to cancel flights in Jan/Feb.

I also agree about Hawaii ☹️ I read today the “big island” and Kauai aren’t going to let people come with only one negative test. I don’t have all the details, but they are asking for further restrictions. I’m with you, it’s sadly not worth the hassle and stress. We’ll be waiting until Hawaii is restriction free. Honestly at this point I’m hoping sometime in 2022.

My understanding is that flights booked before Dec. 31st 2020 are eligible for no change fees and free miles reinstatement. I haven’t looked beyond to flights booked in 2021. I also believe “ticketed” is the date of purchase. I’m pretty sure you’re good to cancel flights in Jan/Feb.

I also agree about Hawaii ☹ I read today the “big island” and Kauai aren’t going to let people come with only one negative test. I don’t have all the details, but they are asking for further restrictions. I’m with you, it’s sadly not worth the hassle and stress. We’ll be waiting until Hawaii is restriction free. Honestly at this point I’m hoping sometime in 2022.
we lost our 30th anniversary Hawaii trip in September, at this point, I am not even shooting for a 31st anniversary trip. Maybe for our 32nd

we lost our 30th anniversary Hawaii trip in September, at this point, I am not even shooting for a 31st anniversary trip. Maybe for our 32nd
You and me both. We are actually supposed to be at The Grand Hyatt Kauai right now. 25th anniversary for us 😕 Instead I’m with my family staying in a beautiful VRBO home in the AZ mountains (yes we have mountains 😂) not exactly what we had in mind, but we’re honestly having one of our best family vacations to date. Definitely feeling discouraged lately about how quickly “normal” travel will resume.

I also agree about Hawaii ☹️ I read today the “big island” and Kauai aren’t going to let people come with only one negative test. I don’t have all the details, but they are asking for further restrictions. I’m with you, it’s sadly not worth the hassle and stress. We’ll be waiting until Hawaii is restriction free. Honestly at this point I’m hoping sometime in 2022.

We have a trip booked to Hawaii in July 2021. The way things are going I'm nervous how it will all work out and if it will be worth it. Fingers crossed things will work out (for many reasons).

Travel insurance question. When getting a quote and it asks for the cost of the trip, do you use actual dollars spend or what the cost would be to pay it in cash vs points?

I know covering stuff with points blah blah, but I do need the medical etc that it has. I've never had to get travel insurance before but need to get it sorted out for Asia.

Also, since I have to get it in the next 2ish weeks since I got my airfare today but won't actually know if I can do the entire trip or just stay in Japan will that matter?

Travel insurance question. When getting a quote and it asks for the cost of the trip, do you use actual dollars spend or what the cost would be to pay it in cash vs points?

I know covering stuff with points blah blah, but I do need the medical etc that it has. I've never had to get travel insurance before but need to get it sorted out for Asia.

Also, since I have to get it in the next 2ish weeks since I got my airfare today but won't actually know if I can do the entire trip or just stay in Japan will that matter?

We would use the cost in cash. When we had to grab last minute flights to get out of Japan before the Typhoon hit last year the flights we purchased to get out of the country were nearly $10,000. Our original flights that had been cancelled due to the storm were on points and there were no award flights available, then the airline cancelled all flights. Fortunately, the ABD was over $25,000 so the insurance would more than cover the flights we bought and the hotel we needed to stay at since we could not get home directly once we arrived in the US. Moving forward, our mindset would be to have insurance that covers every aspect of the trip if we had to pay OOP in an emergency. Hope that helps.

You and me both. We are actually supposed to be at The Grand Hyatt Kauai right now. 25th anniversary for us 😕 Instead I’m with my family staying in a beautiful VRBO home in the AZ mountains (yes we have mountains 😂) not exactly what we had in mind, but we’re honestly having one of our best family vacations to date. Definitely feeling discouraged lately about how quickly “normal” travel will resume.
We have a trip booked to Hawaii in July 2021. The way things are going I'm nervous how it will all work out and if it will be worth it. Fingers crossed things will work out (for many reasons).

We are booked for 2 weeks in early December. We have back up flights and rooms in Orlando but I’m still holding out hope.

Like @calypso726 said - definitely look at the medical. I have used it twice now on 2 different cruises. One I got a sinus infection and had to use the ship's Dr. and the other time my son broke his arm on the cruise. Used the ships Dr plus they took us to a hospital in Cozumel where they had to put my son under and rebreak his arm and then cast it. Had to pay right there but filed claim when got home and everything was covered. You just never know what may happen.

Like @calypso726 said - definitely look at the medical. I have used it twice now on 2 different cruises. One I got a sinus infection and had to use the ship's Dr. and the other time my son broke his arm on the cruise. Used the ships Dr plus they took us to a hospital in Cozumel where they had to put my son under and rebreak his arm and then cast it. Had to pay right there but filed claim when got home and everything was covered. You just never know what may happen.

I'm looking at medical, evac that includes things like typhoons and car rental if it's also part of it. I've gotten a couple of recs but already tossed one out. Tried to get a quote from the site often mentioned but it got to end and said something went wrong so I've got to try it again. Just need to make sure that I do it for enough cash but unlike @calypso726 I'm ok being stuck in econ to get home if I have to but since some stuff will be paid with cash I'm sure I'll more than cover the biz air 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter