I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here I wait at the end of ANOTHER month to see will I be closing before my mortgage is pulled. Back in Aug they had me as a 9/1 closing. Now it's 9/28 and we're still not closed. And of course since it's been MONTHS since I started this back in June/July I keep having to give them new updated info. I swear I have the worst luck w/ underwriting.

I see the Chase offer got extended. I'm torn on if I want to use this or if I want to keep saving my URs. I'm up for a Sapphire offer in Dec I think if I want one. But for now I plan on keeping my CSR since they are offering the $450 AF still. I might try for a CIC, but that's not much in URs. Maybe I'll go for a CFF (I have the CF now). I just don't see a ton of URs coming my way anytime soon. Maybe if I knew I'd be good and put the money saved to some kind of good purpose I'd be more willing to use the UR to PIB. On my discover card I try to save all my cashback for the year and then use it to pay the Nov/Dec bill when amazing is the cashback category and I run up a lot of charges for Christmas, LOL.

Older daughter picked up another house. She put her offer in August 9th and it closed September 16, a week later than it was supposed to. Meanwhile her DH is replacing the flooring and who knows what else in his free time. I haven't seen it yet, but will probably get up there this weekend.

If you used it, (after actually adding it) it would also disappear. Hopefully you added it!
In general I agree with this observation. But @ten6mom I have offers still showing under "Added to card" that I know I've used, and they show up under "Savings" too since I've used them, just like you're seeing with your Staples purchases. I would chat with Amex about it, and I'd expect they'll make it right for you.

OK well this is weird.

On my "offers" area there is an "available," "added to card," and "redeemed," right?

Check this out:

View attachment 528565

But neither of those shows yet in my actual list of transactions.
Ok you found the spot I was going to suggest! If it's there, it'll credit eventually. I'm waiting on one from last week too. It shows the offer redeemed, just hasn't made the actual credit yet. I've had them take a week before so I'm not too worried yet. Usually it'll show up 2-4 days after you use it, but then occasionally it'll take a while.

I'm really confused about Chase's Pay Yourself back feature... can you guys shed some light for me? My biggest question is this: Can you use URs to PYB for groceries purchased on the Freedom Flex if you have a Sapphire card? (that math seems way too good to be true with earnings on grocery purchases in the first year being 5x) Or can you only pay yourself back for grocery spend on the Sapphire card?

I'm really confused about Chase's Pay Yourself back feature... can you guys shed some light for me? My biggest question is this: Can you use URs to PYB for groceries purchased on the Freedom Flex if you have a Sapphire card? (that math seems way too good to be true with earnings on grocery purchases in the first year being 5x) Or can you only pay yourself back for grocery spend on the Sapphire card?

Only on the sapphire cards.

Every time I try to product change with chase they tell me i need to increase my credit limit and it’s a hard pull to do so — am I doing this wrong? I thought hard pulls were “bad”
CSP> CFF. CSP currently has 4K, they say I need 5 for the CFF. I have 1k CL on an old amazon CC, 1k on a SW and 500 on a CFU. Sounds like I need to move 500 from the amazon and SW into the csp and try again?
The rep doesn't know what they are talking about. The minimum for a CFF is $500, same as the CFU and Freedom. I'm guessing the rep was thinking going the other way since $5k is the minimum limit for the CSP. My CFF is only $800.

OK well this is weird.

On my "offers" area there is an "available," "added to card," and "redeemed," right?

Check this out:

View attachment 528565

But neither of those shows yet in my actual list of transactions.

I have a couple Dell $100 credits showing as redeemed on 9/19 - but have not been reflected in the statement balance. Seem like something has got stuck at Amex somewhere. Wouldn't be the first time.

Ugh. I’ve always been a little iffy on business cards, as I have a “business.” One of the reasons is that business cards don’t have nearly the same consumer protections that personal cards do. I closed my CIP a while back, a decision I regretted a little bit before tonight, but I still have my SW biz open because it hasn’t even been a year yet, and I want to stay on chase’s
good side.

Welp, I just got a notice that chase declined a big charge on that card that I did not make, and they asked me to either verify or deny the charge. It wasn’t mine, so they are closing the account and sending me a new card. Weird that someone used that particular account. I haven’t used it for quite a while. Glad chases fraud dept. caught it!.

Ugh. I’ve always been a little iffy on business cards, as I have a “business.” One of the reasons is that business cards don’t have nearly the same consumer protections that personal cards do. I closed my CIP a while back, a decision I regretted a little bit before tonight, but I still have my SW biz open because it hasn’t even been a year yet, and I want to stay on chase’s
good side.

Welp, I just got a notice that chase declined a big charge on that card that I did not make, and they asked me to either verify or deny the charge. It wasn’t mine, so they are closing the account and sending me a new card. Weird that someone used that particular account. I haven’t used it for quite a while. Glad chases fraud dept. caught it!.
Chase fraud is pretty decent and if you set up text alerts for every charge you’ll know immediately if something is awry and should definitely be able to contact Chase fast enough to get that shutdown.

We had Victoria Secret charges pop up one day at my real work on the company card- it took 2 charges but Chase then texted with the fraud q. It wasn’t us- we aren’t nearly an interesting enough business to be charging Victoria Secret purchases to the company credit cards 😂 Chase immediately shut the card down and filed the disputes and eventually got the charges reversed. And at no point did they inquire about the business or anything, it was just resolve the fraud and get them a new card number.

That looks awesome! I wish universal had more to do for littles. I doubt we’ll go for years
I feel the same. My kids have such a spread now that we are going to Universal for the first time and I'm worried my littles will not have a good time. I know the older kids will.
As a child I absolutely loved Dr. Seuss. It would have been basically the most magical thing ever to go to Dr Seuss Land. Thankfully for my parents’ budget none of us knew it existed. When I went to Universal for the first time in my 20s I was like “omg this would have been AMAZING!” (Yes. I rode the Dr Seuss train. And I will ride it again next time I go no matter how many looks I get 😂) Then when I went with my parents they were like “WOAH! If only we could have taken you guys as kids to this!”

So imho the offerings at Universal are indeed quite sparse for little ones, but I feel that one is so special that if you have a young one who adores Dr Seuss it very well might be worth it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter