I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my French door fridge has a little vent thing in the middle of the very top. If there is something stacked too high on the top shelf under that vent, it freezes my carrots. Not sure if yours has this, but just wanted to pass it on. We had service come out, only to find out the pizza boxes stacked up were blocking the air flow LOL
I need to go look. Frozen carrots are not good!

Look at Walmart's iPhone SE 2020 upgrade deal. It is only available to those that have AT&T or Verizon as their carrier and are available for an upgrade. I posted about this here a few days ago.
AT&T will do a soft pull and everything will be billed through them. AT&T does charge a $30 upgrade fee (Verizon charges $40) but I believe they charge that every time a phone is upgraded. That fee will be on your first bill afterwards. Your monthly charge will also be on your AT&T bill and the phone can be paid off anytime, making that line to be available for an upgrade again.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-Apple-iPhone-SE-2020-64GB-White-Upgrade-Only/979697514
I saw this deal on Slickdeals in mid-April, which was before the phone had actually been released. We ordered DD a red 64gb and are paying $6.63/month. We haven't paid it off yet because we really have no need to at this point. I'm now considering getting one for myself since my iPhone7 is now acting up.
I just found this article that explains it. Keep in mind that the article was written in April, pre-release of the phone and when the phones through this Walmart deal were selling out quickly. It appears they are all available now.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/cnn-underscored/walmart-iphone-se-preorder-200-off/index.html
I upgraded my phone at sams club. In November they had a deal where I got a $400 sams gift card per phone upgrade. I think the amount changes each month.

I found mine an it looks just like that. Now I know. I bet that's what was going on. I turned the fridge temp up so the milk was spoiling but the carrots were freezing but I bet I just had the vent blocked. Thank you so much!
I learned that lesson twice LOL, luckily it was under warranty so I didn't have to pay for the silly service call. Hope that helps! Yes, my dh was NOT happy with his frozen carrots.

Just got a picture from my daughter that I won't post because of privacy, but - she has cats. And kids.

The oldest grand opened up all the boxes of fancy feast (we both get Chewy deliveries so buy a lot at one time) and stacked all the little cans into a house for one of the cats, who is casually laying inside enjoying the attention. At least a couple hundred cans....

Since we are discussing refrigerators, I'm looking to buy a Samsung RF28R6301SR. I found it at Costco for $100 less than Home depot/BestBuy/Samsung. Also would get 2% with my card. Also their 5 year protection plan is much cheaper. Are there any downsides? What am I not considering?

Since we are discussing refrigerators, I'm looking to buy a Samsung RF28R6301SR. I found it at Costco for $100 less than Home depot/BestBuy/Samsung. Also would get 2% with my card. Also their 5 year protection plan is much cheaper. Are there any downsides? What am I not considering?

Do any of them take the old one when they deliver as part of the delivery fee? If you don't have a way to get rid of the old one and have to pay to have it done.

Also, do you have any lowes offers on any cards, if they sell it? If you have an amex biz, have the 10% offer and haven't used it it's good through the 30th. Though they'll probably have a new offer next month.

Also are these with any july 4th sales? I think appliances are sometimes good deals around this time.

Have you read all the reviews? I haven't but I talked myself out of an LG last year that I really liked after reading the reviews.

I get 4% total at Costco - 2% on the executive membership and 2% on the Citi card. It all adds up quickly. But, lately I've been using my other visa for 2% because I can cash it in and apply to the bill so easily. With Citi you have to wait a year. But - I think there's extra warranty with Citi.

Looked at your fridge and it's lovely! Will have to check out 'tuscan' in person to see the color.

Do any of them take the old one when they deliver as part of the delivery fee? If you don't have a way to get rid of the old one and have to pay to have it done.

Also, do you have any lowes offers on any cards, if they sell it? If you have an amex biz, have the 10% offer and haven't used it it's good through the 30th. Though they'll probably have a new offer next month.

Also are these with any july 4th sales? I think appliances are sometimes good deals around this time.

I actually didn't think they did haul away but while on the Costco site it says it's included. There's a warranty calculator and it says it in that pictorial. Plus, 1 year manufacturer, 2 year Costco and 2 year Citi extended warranty if you have that card.

I actually didn't think they did haul away but while on the Costco site it says it's included. There's a warranty calculator and it says it in that pictorial. Plus, 1 year manufacturer, 2 year Costco and 2 year Citi extended warranty if you have that card.

That's great and something to keep in mind for when we eventually need a washer or dryer or stove. Our fridge isn't that old and very basic. Got it through a program from our power company. They'll replace an old inefficient one with one that is efficient. Exactly the same as our old one but better and no cost. Plus it's exactly what my mom wanted and would have bought.

Last edited:

I had read that there was a push for some time to get rid of the Song of the South theming.

It looks like it will appeal to the new generation of kids coming up at Disney and that's good for Disney as they 'connect' with newer theming.

I've been watching a lot of tv lately. Cozi and antenna shows from the 60ties on up. Since I'm older I have the memories but times have changed. While it's nostalgic for me, it does not hold the attention of my almost 28 year old and/or the grands.

Said 28 year old will be thrilled with the change.
Hopefully they'll do a decent job with the changes. I don't like the paper cut out look of Winnie the Pooh.

I'm glad you got it so quickly! How do you like the phone?

So far so good. Since it still has the home button it is not that much different. Though I’m having some problems with it responding to me. Fingerprint scanners never get along with me. Most of the time on my 6 I just use the passcode but with this one it just freezes on me. I can’t even get the passcode option to come up.

For now anyways, Disney is really trying to ‘own’ everything. Staying offsite and/or buying tickets elsewhere is pretty risky. Once capacity increases, I expect we will see more options but this park reservation system is looking like something we will be dealing with for the foreseeable future.

I haven't been keeping up much with all of this since no immediate plans. Was possibly planning for next May. So, even then you have to get a room and tickets and then you can book a park? So, does that mean no park hopping at all ? Have they addressed that at all? I hate not being able to plan things. Just cancelled our Vegas Trip for August since they now have mandatory masks everywhere -even walking outside. Still have our December and March Cruises booked but not feeling so sure if they will sail or not.

I booked flights home from our trip to the Maldives next year. It's turned into quite an involved trip:
  • Toronto to Singapore (on Eva business class, via Taipei, taking a Hello Kitty plane from Taipei to Singapore)
    • stay at either Raffles or Conrad, likely will pay cash since hotels seem somewhat inexpensive
    • booked using Aeroplan miles
  • Singapore to Male (on Singapore Air -- miles transferred from UR portal, flying economy class since I didn't want to transfer a bunch of miles for business class and end up (maybe) having to cancel the trip and be stuck with Singapore Air miles)
    • staying at the Conrad Maldives, hoping to move to the WA if nights at 120,000 pts / night open up for our dates
    • booked with Hilton points
  • Male to London (in Q Suites on Qatar, booked with Avios transferred from URs)
    • Conrad London booked on Hilton Honors points
  • London to Toronto on American Air first class!
    • not sure how this happened, but I was able to score first class seats from LHR to MIA and business class from MIA to YYZ for 66,000 AA points per person and only $300.00 taxes (pp). That seems way to good to be true, but I have the confirmation and booking reference number, so hopefully they won't cancel! Regular point cost would be in the area of 200,000 points per person
Since we have 8 days in London I have to figure out what to do with the time. I'd like to go to Edinburgh for a few days, but we land from the Maldives around 10pm and I don't want to have to worry about making a connection that late in the day. I'm thinking that we can take the train from London to Edinburgh for 4 days the next morning, then head back to London for a few days (hopefully the Conrad would allow us to store large suitcases for a few days so we could just take small bags to Edinburgh). I tried to book a return flight from Edinburgh but wasn't able to secure first class seats, so will deal with the logistics on my own. As many of you know I have been chasing an elusive (for me) first class seat for quite a while so I am thrilled with this and the icing on the cake is that I was able to do it using so few points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter