I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they all biz cards that don't post to your personal report? Most don't but some do.

If none aee on your report it's only 3 and 1 cards in the last 24 months, I don't see why it would be an issue.

Now of those were reversed and it was 9 personal cards eqch in the last 2 years you'd probably have some explaining to do :rotfl2:
I assume none of those biz are on your personal report? Yes, you can totally refinance, not an issue.
Well that's encouraging. Thanks! Basically it's a combination of these:
CIU
CIP
CIC
SW Biz
SW Biz Performance
Citi Biz
Barclays Aviator in 4/19

Is Barclays the only one that generally reports to personal?

Wondering if refinancing is possible for churners. I believe the advice I've seen here in the past was that it is is best to "cool it" for a while before applying for auto/home loans. We weren't considering it until recently since the rates are pretty low. Both of us have CS over 800, P1 has gotten 12 (9 biz 3 personal) cards in the last 24 months and P2 has gotten 10 (9 biz 1 personal). Should we even try?
We just refinanced....they couldn’t see the business cards on our credit report, but they could see the hard pull and we had to explain what they were for

Last edited:

Wondering if refinancing is possible for churners. I believe the advice I've seen here in the past was that it is is best to "cool it" for a while before applying for auto/home loans. We weren't considering it until recently since the rates are pretty low. Both of us have CS over 800, P1 has gotten 12 (9 biz 3 personal) cards in the last 24 months and P2 has gotten 10 (9 biz 1 personal). Should we even try?
We are in the middle of refinancing and they aren’t even doing a hard pull on us. However, we are refinancing with Wells Fargo who already services our mortgage, so that might have something to do with it.

edited to add, I think the guy told me they weren’t even going to check credit, but surely must have taken a glance. But I don’t know.

Has anyone gotten a refund for a canceled JetBlue flight recently? I filled out the form online and got no acknowledgement. It just went into the ether. Is that normal?

No for me either. Opened 3/27 ... Tracker says by 6/27

Which brings up an interesting question: Statement closes on 6/26, so should I risk waiting until 6/27 to put the last $700 MSR on it? I'm nervous to do that and risk the whole bonus, just to save paying an extra $700 a month later.
After receiving both a secure message and an email from Chase stating that the MSR period has been extended I personally feel pretty confident they will honor the extension. I definitely won’t finish my spend until July, and I’m trusting them to keep their word. I am prepared to call or SM them again if the bonus doesn’t automatically hit. I will fight for it if necessary, but I’m hoping it won’t come to that.

That’s a good sign :flower1:

Ugh.... It switched to the 7-10 days message tonight🤦🏼‍♀️
I don't know why he would be denied though. Credit score over 800. Low utilization. I didn't think his limits were bad. Even credit karma lists it as a card with "Excellent approval odds". He opened a furniture store card in November and a SW card in February, otherwise nothing for several years.
I'm stumped. I guess we will find out in 7-10 days. 🤷🏼‍♀️

We just closed this past Saturday. I am not on the loan, too much paperwork required for self employment and we don't want my income taken into consideration. DH is 4/24, with his most recent card in Feb. He also got a car loan in Feb. Ours was a VA refi through our current lender, so not sure if that matters, but to my knowledge nothing was ever mentioned.

We just closed this past Saturday. I am not on the loan, too much paperwork required for self employment and we don't want my income taken into consideration. DH is 4/24, with his most recent card in Feb. He also got a car loan in Feb. Ours was a VA refi through our current lender, so not sure if that matters, but to my knowledge nothing was ever mentioned.
Great! Thanks so much.

Has anyone refinanced with better.com? I am looking at the Amex offer they have and it's tempting. I'm talking to a mortgage consultant tomorrow but it looks like we could get a better rate and get the Amex credit. Just wondering if anyone looked into this or actually used them...? I can't find the offer on any of my cards but the fine print seems to imply it's for any personal, non-branded Amex cardholder.

Has anyone gotten a refund for a canceled JetBlue flight recently? I filled out the form online and got no acknowledgement. It just went into the ether. Is that normal?
I called them last week when dd's flight to see her bf in Orinda, CA got re-booked with a lengthy stopover (they had sent me 3 e-mails, all of which I ignored, to approve the flight change). I had a credit on my card within 48 hours. I think I held for an agent for close to an hour.

We’ve considered doing this with our URs. I just got the CSR but I don’t see us using many URs for travel in the near future
I considered PC'ed my dh's CSR to a CSP back in Feb but I didn't and now I wish I had. I'm just not seeing a use for it right now. I know we still could and if I can get him to call, it might be worth it. I just don't think I can get him to sit on the phone for an hour on hold.

Ugh.... It switched to the 7-10 days message tonight🤦🏼‍♀️
I don't know why he would be denied though. Credit score over 800. Low utilization. I didn't think his limits were bad. Even credit karma lists it as a card with "Excellent approval odds". He opened a furniture store card in November and a SW card in February, otherwise nothing for several years.
I'm stumped. I guess we will find out in 7-10 days. 🤷🏼‍♀️

there is a high probability that its for verification.

We're closing a refi on Saturday, couldn't have been easier. We haven't even close to slowed down churning, though we don't have as many cards as you... I've opened ~ 6/24, the most recent being the AA Aviator Red card in February. DH has 5/24, he opened a CF in January and the AMEX Platinum in March. I was also nervous that some "unusual" bank activity (payments/reimbursements for adoption fees) would be an issue, but nothing was a big deal. We did have to show that my AA card had a zero balance, but that was easy enough to supply. My guess is you'd be fine, especially since most of the cards are biz.

We’ve considered doing this with our URs. I just got the CSR but I don’t see us using many URs for travel in the near future
Yeah, I have close to 600k MRs and another 160k on the way. So I figured I’ll cash out 500k at 1.25% and will have covered this quarter’s tuition bill. I have a bunch of URs but need to book rentals for HI so I’ll find a use for them easier.

So I need advice on verbiage for transferring credit limit (via SM) with Chase.

Do you just say, "Can you transfer x amount of credit limit from card ending in x1234 to card ending in x5678?"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter