I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.. I did this southwest deal. Do you think I need to spend 1,000 plus a additional 5000 or 5000 total to get the 75000 points? Thanks!

Attachments

• EA276E33-2862-4EF8-AD94-BA80A60F4B8B.png
    EA276E33-2862-4EF8-AD94-BA80A60F4B8B.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 32
I went to Coscto and did a pretty big run tonight. I needed some things and I wanted to stock up a little, too.

Some stuff was really picked over like bleach and OTC meds. DH had to go to Lowe's so I went to look at the mask aisle (no we weren't looking to buy them) and they were picked clean. I took a photo.

At what point does Coronavirus explode so much that there aren't even more travel restrictions because it can't be contained? We are probably months from that, but still.

@BNODesk

BREAKING: Oregon's first patient with coronavirus is believed to have been infected through local human-to-human transmission, officials say

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 9.43.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 9.43.44 PM.png
    625.9 KB · Views: 30

I could use some advice please. I had 2 referrals and dw had 1 for chase cards but no 1099 has come. I can’t seem to find them in our account info. Are they 1099-inc or 1099-mics?? Not sure what the differences are. I am not a tax person lol. I just would like to possibly do our taxes this weekend. Should I call and ask. Thanks
With that few clicks you probably didn’t get a 1099. What you do about that is up to you. It would’ve been a 1099-MISC if you got one.

I could use some advice please. I had 2 referrals and dw had 1 for chase cards but no 1099 has come. I can’t seem to find them in our account info. Are they 1099-inc or 1099-mics?? Not sure what the differences are. I am not a tax person lol. I just would like to possibly do our taxes this weekend. Should I call and ask. Thanks
It would come on a 1099-MISC (stands for miscellaneous income) which has a $600 threshold before a company is required to report the income they paid you to the IRS. If you did not receive $600 worth of miscellaneous income, which Chase has been considering support points (all points valued at 1 cpp), retention offers and other incentives like paperless statement credits, then Chase has chosen not to file a 1099 (paraphrased from the FAQs that came with mine.)

Whether or not a company files a 1099 doesn't change whether or not it is income. You can declare income without having a form. You'd have to decide what you should do about it.

@BNODe

BREAKING: Oregon's first patient with coronavirus is believed to have been infected through local human-to-human transmission, officials say
Yeaaaah, their place of work, a school!, is just a few towns over from where I live :eek:

Totally unrelated, I went to the store today to get to the next gas reward level for Safeway before the month ends. The store was packed! I do now have four gallons of milk and two loaves of bread so I should be good for two weeks. Lol

I went to Coscto and did a pretty big run tonight. I needed some things and I wanted to stock up a little, too.

Some stuff was really picked over like bleach and OTC meds. DH had to go to Lowe's so I went to look at the mask aisle (no we weren't looking to buy them) and they were picked clean. I took a photo.

At what point does Coronavirus explode so much that there aren't even more travel restrictions because it can't be contained? We are probably months from that, but still.
@BNODesk

I went to Costco today (busiest day here is Fridays). I was somewhat shopping for items like one who might be anticipating a 'disruption of services' - per the cdc. I absolutely did not feel anyone else was. I was actively being nosey and looking in others carts cause that is just fun lol. No one else had a cart like mine. Mine was full of TP, canned goods and bottled water. NOW, we will use all of this at some point. 75% of my canned goods were black beans and we eat a ton of black beans....But point is, no one here seems concerned. I've not hear a single person mention the coronavirus...Not one single one. I don't think people are as concerned as the media outlets are.

I went to Costco today (busiest day here is Fridays). I was somewhat shopping for items like one who might be anticipating a 'disruption of services' - per the cdc. I absolutely did not feel anyone else was. I was actively being nosey and looking in others carts cause that is just fun lol. No one else had a cart like mine. Mine was full of TP, canned goods and bottled water. NOW, we will use all of this at some point. 75% of my canned goods were black beans and we eat a ton of black beans....But point is, no one here seems concerned. I've not hear a single person mention the coronavirus...Not one single one. I don't think people are as concerned as the media outlets are.

You are lucky. Where I live it's the opposite - I hear that Costco is out of stuff already. I ordered some stuff and didn't go to the store, but even online stuff was out of stock. We couldn't find hand sanitizer a month ago, anywhere, but it was pretty evident that we would get hit hard and early on if this thing decided to spread. :(

An author I follow on fb that lives in NC said both the grocery store she went to and another her mom went to loomed like it was going to snow tomorrow, so all the bread, milk etc was gone.

I was at target and fred meyer tonight but didn't notice anything but wasn't looking. I'll have to pay attention tomorrow when I get groceries.

I hadn't thought about hand sanitizer being out, was planning to use my free coupons at b&bw for some tomorrow. I'm not a fan of it and use wet wipes but going to dlr thurs and don't want to have to carry that many wipes. I'll see what I can get. Honestly more concered about the word I can't use who don't cover their mouth when they cough and sneeze. I can't wash my hands for that and if I'm walking behind you or your standing/sitting behind me... I really wish they'd stress that as much as washing your hands.

You are lucky. Where I live it's the opposite - I hear that Costco is out of stuff already. I ordered some stuff and didn't go to the store, but even online stuff was out of stock. We couldn't find hand sanitizer a month ago, anywhere, but it was pretty evident that we would get hit hard and early on if this thing decided to spread. :(
Oh my. Yeah, I saw hand sanitizer today. Plenty of full shelves at my Costco. We live in a bit of a bubble though...I really just don't think people are even thinking about it much here. And certainly no panic, which I think is good.

An author I follow on fb that lives in NC said both the grocery store she went to and another her mom went to loomed like it was going to snow tomorrow, so all the bread, milk etc was gone.

I was at target and fred meyer tonight but didn't notice anything but wasn't looking. I'll have to pay attention tomorrow when I get groceries.

I hadn't thought about hand sanitizer being out, was planning to use my free coupons at b&bw for some tomorrow. I'm not a fan of it and use wet wipes but going to dlr thurs and don't want to have to carry that many wipes. I'll see what I can get. Honestly more concered about the word I can't use who don't cover their mouth when they cough and sneeze. I can't wash my hands for that and if I'm walking behind you or your standing/sitting behind me... I really wish they'd stress that as much as washing your hands.
Yeah, we are supposed to get snow on Sunday. THAT will wipe out the shelves lol and everyone will be talking about that.

My dh & I are neither one big fans of hand sanitizer or wipes. I'd rather carry a bar of soap and a bottle of water to actually wash my hands...

I seriously noticed nothing at Costco today and my dd works at Target and she didn't feel she saw people stocking up.

Well that was a big devaluation of points. But free is free. 5 round trip flights peak summer travel to Europe worth 575k Aa points plus my aa balence were stolen by aa if u know what I mean.
P2 only wanted one connection and no change in flight times and cities as these were the best and we were traveling with another 2 people.
So after a month I was able to pull enough MR UR and arrival plus rewards to rebook the same flights. Wiped out my balences. But more cards to churn. And P2 is now happy again.
Man that day of getting flights cancelled was a churning low for me. Now looking forward to a two week trip with my p2, 3 kids and in-laws this summer to 3 countries.

Well that was a big devaluation of points. But free is free. 5 round trip flights peak summer travel to Europe worth 575k Aa points plus my aa balence were stolen by aa if u know what I mean.
P2 only wanted one connection and no change in flight times and cities as these were the best and we were traveling with another 2 people.
So after a month I was able to pull enough MR UR and arrival plus rewards to rebook the same flights. Wiped out my balences. But more cards to churn. And P2 is now happy again.
Man that day of getting flights cancelled was a churning low for me. Now looking forward to a two week trip with my p2, 3 kids and in-laws this summer to 3 countries.
Glad you were able to re book flights and use other points for it! I am sorry about your flights getting cancelled. I hope that you have a great trip this summer. Traveling to Europe is one of my goals - eventually.

Question for you Chase shopping portal experts - I'm looking to make a purchase online. The store has 4% back in URs if I use my CSR or CSP. Rakuten also has 4% cash back. On my laptop, I've got the Rakuten extension (I think that's what they call it? It's the little button that makes Rakuten deals automatically pop up if I go to an eligible website, so I don't have to go to Rakuten first and click-through from there). Can I go to the store through the Chase shopping portal, and then click on the Rakuten "Activate 4% cash back" when the Rakuten pop-up shows up, and get both the URs and the cash back? Or will clicking on the Rakuten pop-up somehow invalidate my original click-through from the Chase shopping portal?

Generally, different shopping portals don't stack with one another. Compare different payout rates using cashbackmonitor.com and pick the one with the highest earn rate in the currency you value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter