• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received the bonus from PNC this year and still no 1099. Has anyone else received theirs?
I closed my acct so I can’t log on to email them or see it online.
I’m going to try calling later but what do I do if they say I don’t have anything?

What kiddie rides? 🤣 🤣 (I know, I kid, there are 4 of them). Perhaps your 3 yo was 36” - that would’ve made a huge difference per my other post listing height requirements. When I say little kids I am specifically referring to those <36”. It is really tough to tell a toddler over and over again “I’m sorry there’s nothing for you to ride”. You can only do 1 fish 2 fish so many times.... 🤣

Also keep in mind that this discussion stemmed from @Haley R whose family will consist of her, husband and little son if they went. Unless they leave the child behind or bring somebody with them (friend or other family member(s)?); Their trip would entirely be spent riding things alone while the other spouse stays with the child. I just wouldn’t want to sink the money into traveling that way. I’d wait until 36” at least.

It is super fun once those kiddos reach a certain height. If you’re like me and you want to do things “together” as a family you’ll be glad you waited.
I said "humbly" ... :rotfl2: in truth, I have no idea how tall our littlest was back then, I never thought to check! I guess he must have been over 36".... I think we spent a lot of time in the kids areas of the park naturally anyway.... (I hope they still have those when we go back!) I was just saying we did have fun....Or maybe my little guy was content watching Barney and throwing plastic balls and climbing on the playground stuff......IDK..

Yes, when they first opened the prices were definitely cheaper than WF, which is too far for me to visit regularly. There are definitely some I pass over because I know I can get them cheaper at HEB. The prices are a bit lower than Natural Grocer so when I need some specialty gluten free item I tend to check there first then Sprouts.

I didn't realize how lucky I really am with my grocery shopping choices- HEB, Randall's, Whole Foods, Costco, Natural Grocer and Sprouts all really close, Target too. Then if I really want to spend money and have a lot of specialty choice I can hit up a larger WF or the big store farther in to Austin that is really overwhelming, and Central Market down there.
I wish I had Natural Grocer near me! I shop there when I visit the fam in summer..... I like their prices!

I received the bonus from PNC this year and still no 1099. Has anyone else received theirs?
I’m going to try calling later but what do I do if they say I don’t have anything?

PNC typically doesn't issue 1099s from what I've read.

As far as what you should do... I'm not here giving tax advice, I'll just say that bonuses are taxable miscellaneous income, whether you receive a 1099 or not.

I haven't seen it that cheap for my Jan, Feb, or Mar trips, so I'd go for it if I were you.
:scared: I must say I haven't even looked at Disney onsite prices for a long while but.... $157 is a good 'value' price???:crazy: OMG...... the last time I stayed at a value resort it was around $68 a night,which I felt was just about right.....

:scared: I must say I haven't even looked at Disney onsite prices for a long while but.... $157 is a good 'value' price???:crazy: OMG...... the last time I stayed at a value resort it was around $68 a night,which I felt was just about right.....
The prices have gotten a bit ridiculous to be honest. It definitely makes it harder to justify an onsite stay when you live an hour away like we do

For business cards is it ok to have P2 as an authorized user on P1’s card and vice-versa? I didn’t know if there was any cross checking that would make that risky.
Nope, you are good. Many of us have P2 employee cards especially for AmEx in order to get extra offers or to help meet at an MSR in case we are questioned about the card having the wrong name.

Okay these nightmares need to stop. I had two this morning at separate times that were so intense I woke up from them. The first one a lady was trying to cut me with a pizza cutter. It sounds tame but I promise it was very intense. We were eating dinner and she got mad because I didn’t want to eat some of the taco meat. So apparently cutting me with a pizza cutter was her solution. When she went for me I woke up. The second one a guy attacked me in my backyard at night. He was trying to walk through our backyard to cut through to the street and I asked what he thought he was doing. He freaked out and attacked me and I woke up instantly. I feel like I got no sleep

Help a novice out.. what is this "pop up jail" I keep reading about?
It's the term being used for AmEx. It's a step in the AmEx approval process when the person applying for an AmEx card receives language that tells them they are ineligible for the card bonus (so no sweet 50k MRs or 125k Hilton). You can still get the card just not the reward we are all chasing. It seems to have a lot of randomness as to how gets hit with it. Some people only have 1 or 2 cards with AmEx and others have many. Some put no or limited spend on their cards and never see the popup and others put lots of spend on only certain cards and still get the popup. Sometimes putting send on the cards you have makes the popup go away, sometimes it doesn't. If you receive the dreaded popup, sometimes you can get immediately approved for a different card. So let's you were applying for a Hilton Aspire and you get the popup (Hilton seems to be very prone to popups for some reason), you could apply for the BBP and maybe get approved. There really is no rhyme or reason. The general advice is put consistent spend on all of your AmEx cards.

Last edited:
As aggravating as BonBlah is, I’m in the keeper camp. So long as I can use the FN certs at Marriott Village in WDW then I will be keeping them. That doesn’t mean I won’t be doing some shifting around and throw in a churn or two though when it suits me. I also love the Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa and will be making a play for a third visit there. I want to time this one with another trip to the Maldives but at the new Waldorf Astoria. We just blew through most of the Marriott stash so we need to make a plan to replenish. So here is my game plan.

A coupe of days ago PlanePrincess and I called Chase and asked to PC our Marriott BonBlahs to the Ritz Carlton card. This leaves us open to apply for the Chase BonBlah card with bonus once we are under 5/24 after a CIP and Hyatt app. With the recommended pacing that won’t be until closer to the end of the year.

Then, I will PC the Brilliant to regular $95 AF
card. Then, cancel the Amex BonBlah business card. I should be able to get an upgrade offer at some point back to a Brilliant card from the regular one.

I also should be able to apply for another BonBlah business card if that doesn’t work since it’s been 7 years since I got the card. Frankly, I’d rather not have to do that and just leave an open Amex slot.

I’m guesstimating this should net close to 200k points each for PlanePrincess and I if we get a good bonus offer for everything. That will be enough to get us back to the Al Maha.
I need to read up on the rules, but I think the upgrade bonus DH received for the Brilliant disqualifies him the chase cards but not the Amex biz.

I think we will also play the upgrade/downgrade game with that card.

If my calculations are correct, in 3 years we will pay $570 in fees, $0 year 1, $95 year 2 & $ 475 for the brilliant (holding on to it for 13 months). Earned 75K SPG SUB, one 35K certificate, one 50K certificate, 125K upgrade bonus, $600 Marriott credits and $100 GE credit. Plus all the other benefits from the Brilliant, it's our only premium card.

I hope we can continue to keep Amex happy.

Last edited:
I have a couple of speculative SWA flights booked, they're sort of 'just in case' plans between some other flights....I shouldn't have any issues with the same name on different days,right? I don't think I'll need the backups,but just in case (but I CAN'T lose the original)

I rarely call my cat max lol. Dh does all the time but I always end up calling him some nickname that’s not even close like Bubby 😆 I call him Matsy a lot too

Funny one of my son's many nicknames is Bubby. He's a Brady, and so he gets called, Brady-boo, Baby-boo and Bubby. I purposefully yell, "Go Baby-Boo" at his hockey games. He's almost 11, and I've threatened to do it when he's in the NHL, LOL.

An account of why I am an opportunistic hoarder that advocates having multiple plans and diversifying one's miles and points portfolio. AKA, I booked our flights today for the Dubai/Africa trip over Christmas and New Year's.

When I began planning this trip it was supposed to be only to Africa so we could hit our 7th continent and stay one night at the Giraffe Manor. Giraffe Manor books up very quickly and there was only one night open for our time frame and it happened to be smack in the middle of the trip. It's a bucket list item and I was wiling to plan a trip to Africa just to cross it and our 7th continent off the list.

My friends did Africa this year as the last big family trip before their son started college. They did the manor. My daughter is OBSESSED with giraffes and was DYING over the photos and videos. My friend said it was well worth every penny.

Okay these nightmares need to stop. I had two this morning at separate times that were so intense I woke up from them. The first one a lady was trying to cut me with a pizza cutter. It sounds tame but I promise it was very intense. We were eating dinner and she got mad because I didn’t want to eat some of the taco meat. So apparently cutting me with a pizza cutter was her solution. When she went for me I woke up. The second one a guy attacked me in my backyard at night. He was trying to walk through our backyard to cut through to the street and I asked what he thought he was doing. He freaked out and attacked me and I woke up instantly. I feel like I got no sleep

Ahhhh yes, pregnancy dreams! Those were tons of fun. Try looking up the meanings. Mine were always spot on. Often whatever random thing I dreamt about tied back to feeling tied, drained, etc, LOL.

I managed to become the best mom in the world last night. My 14yo has been depressed since finals. She studied really hard and failed them all. Her HS is ranked #25 in the NATION for academics, etc. So it's not an easy place to be, and she's just not "that kid" who does great in school. She busted her butt and got A's, B's and C's (one being in french which she just started this year after having spanish since 1st grade). So we were proud of her. Anyways, she's been on my case about a vacation and needing one NOW. Well as a teacher that's not easy for me to do. She's been mad as one of the guys I'm dating (professional gambler) has been flying me down to MS to see him on my off weekends, so she feels like I've had all these trips and vacations. I've explained I'm not paying and it's not a vacation, but she's 14, she sees me not in MI, it's a vacation these days. Her BFFs (twins) moved to TX this summer. Their family is like her adopted family. They said she can come down this weekend and stay over our mid-winter break. When I looked into tickets 2 weeks ago I could have gotten her there for $180. I had to swallow a lot and pay $390 for her ticket last night. Her dad is going 1/2 with me, and I used $150 in delta GCs I had to cover my 1/2. It's funny there was a direct Spirit flight and a direct Delta. She was like, I will pay the $40 difference to be able to fly Delta. LOL. I have to laugh, even the pilot I'm dating (he's a Spirit pilot) won't fly Spirit. He always takes Delta flights when he travels (for work or vacations).

Has anyone LIED about their child's age when under 15? My daughter flew "solo" last year on her school trip to DC (she was with classmates and teachers obv, but sat alone next to strangers). I'm not worried about her flying down to Austin. She's literally 1 month (to the day) from being 15. I know we can walk her to the gate here in Detroit....if not because she's under 17, because Detroit is piloting a program to allow ANYONE to go to the gate for both departures and arrivals.

I figure TSA she can show her school ID and have her birth certificate. I'm just wondering will Delta want to check her birth certificate at check-in. They never have in the past. She's not checking any bags, so she has no reason to go to the counter. She'll have texting on the flight (since Delta has free messaging). She's more than okay if her BFFs parents can't get her at the gate and she has to meet them. I'm not worried at all. I just thinks it's BEYOND stupid to have to pay $300 for her when literally she can be in contact with us 100% of the time. The Spirit pilot (I'm dating) told me to just lie about her age. So I put 3/17/2004 as her bday. I'm just wondering if we'll get hit with the fee at the gate? She also looks more than old enough to pass for 15. She's as tall as me almost (I'm 5'7). She flew "solo" last year. She's flown with me probably 10 times, so she's seasoned enough to fly solo as well.

I did the bonus in 2018 and can't recall if I got a 1099, but I did receive a 1099 from PNC this year for interest.

I have not either (or Amex or Chase, must have stayed under the limits this year).
Where do you put the income on your returns without a 1099?

I wish I had Natural Grocer near me! I shop there when I visit the fam in summer..... I like their prices!
I do like the store, but I find the pricing a little on the high end. The oils though. Those essential oils get me every time.
Funny one of my son's many nicknames is Bubby. He's a Brady, and so he gets called, Brady-boo, Baby-boo and Bubby. I purposefully yell, "Go Baby-Boo" at his hockey games. He's almost 11, and I've threatened to do it when he's in the NHL, LOL.

My friends did Africa this year as the last big family trip before their son started college. They did the manor. My daughter is OBSESSED with giraffes and was DYING over the photos and videos. My friend said it was well worth every penny.

Ahhhh yes, pregnancy dreams! Those were tons of fun. Try looking up the meanings. Mine were always spot on. Often whatever random thing I dreamt about tied back to feeling tied, drained, etc, LOL.

I managed to become the best mom in the world last night. My 14yo has been depressed since finals. She studied really hard and failed them all. Her HS is ranked #25 in the NATION for academics, etc. So it's not an easy place to be, and she's just not "that kid" who does great in school. She busted her butt and got A's, B's and C's (one being in french which she just started this year after having spanish since 1st grade). So we were proud of her. Anyways, she's been on my case about a vacation and needing one NOW. Well as a teacher that's not easy for me to do. She's been mad as one of the guys I'm dating (professional gambler) has been flying me down to MS to see him on my off weekends, so she feels like I've had all these trips and vacations. I've explained I'm not paying and it's not a vacation, but she's 14, she sees me not in MI, it's a vacation these days. Her BFFs (twins) moved to TX this summer. Their family is like her adopted family. They said she can come down this weekend and stay over our mid-winter break. When I looked into tickets 2 weeks ago I could have gotten her there for $180. I had to swallow a lot and pay $390 for her ticket last night. Her dad is going 1/2 with me, and I used $150 in delta GCs I had to cover my 1/2. It's funny there was a direct Spirit flight and a direct Delta. She was like, I will pay the $40 difference to be able to fly Delta. LOL. I have to laugh, even the pilot I'm dating (he's a Spirit pilot) won't fly Spirit. He always takes Delta flights when he travels (for work or vacations).

Has anyone LIED about their child's age when under 15? My daughter flew "solo" last year on her school trip to DC (she was with classmates and teachers obv, but sat alone next to strangers). I'm not worried about her flying down to Austin. She's literally 1 month (to the day) from being 15. I know we can walk her to the gate here in Detroit....if not because she's under 17, because Detroit is piloting a program to allow ANYONE to go to the gate for both departures and arrivals.

I figure TSA she can show her school ID and have her birth certificate. I'm just wondering will Delta want to check her birth certificate at check-in. They never have in the past. She's not checking any bags, so she has no reason to go to the counter. She'll have texting on the flight (since Delta has free messaging). She's more than okay if her BFFs parents can't get her at the gate and she has to meet them. I'm not worried at all. I just thinks it's BEYOND stupid to have to pay $300 for her when literally she can be in contact with us 100% of the time. The Spirit pilot (I'm dating) told me to just lie about her age. So I put 3/17/2004 as her bday. I'm just wondering if we'll get hit with the fee at the gate? She also looks more than old enough to pass for 15. She's as tall as me almost (I'm 5'7). She flew "solo" last year. She's flown with me probably 10 times, so she's seasoned enough to fly solo as well.
I can't answer the age thing, but I'm certain she'll be fine navigating the Austin airport. It's not big and confusing at all. It's pretty much one long hall way. Walk to the middle, through the doors and down the stairs/escalators to baggage.

I don’t know about delta but SW checked my DS’s birth certificate at check-in this past summer for flying solo. Maybe they have their policy online??

My cousin just had her baby about a week ago and they named him Brady. I didn’t look up my dreams but before I was pregnant I was always dreaming about running and hiding from someone. I never ever saw what they looked like. These have been very vivid and instead of hiding I get attacked. When I get hit is when I wake up.

I’ve been sitting at my gym for over an hour because I’ve almost passed out 3 times. I think it’s getting to that point when I need to slow done a lot. They’ve been great with having me lay down, taking my pulse, bought me snacks for sugar, etc. It was probably a mixture of lack of sleep, being too hot, pushing myself too hard, and my anemia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter