I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm asking about the eGC for joining, not one that was bought. I recall @hsmamato2 joined using a link that gave a $20 eGC for joining but the charge to AmEx was delayed. Unless I'm misremembering.
Ahhhh...Ok got it- I got the eGC for the new membership almost instantly! I could see it in the app very quickly (I was shocked, my sams club experience is usually bad)

Just FYI post...Delta gift cards are like Amazon gift cards and NOT like Disney gift cards. You have to scrape off the pin code and not peel it. Received yesterday my $500 gift card from Delta (bought at BJ's when they had them super reduced). Peeled off the sticker and took the pin code with it! Thank goodness part of the number was visible and I had a friend who could guess at the other numbers. You know when you make your life harder for itself than it needs to be?!?

Oh and which I know you all realize but if you are wondering how you might meet a MSR without being creative take your animal to the vet. So I now might be getting another card sooner than I had anticipated. :)

Well 🤬 I got the Amex pop up. I only have 1 business card with them, and I put 500-1000 spend on it monthly. I tried for a business card and when that didn't work tried a personal one. :guilty: Need a new game plan now.

How long have you had the card and has spend always been consistent? Which cards did you try to get and got the pop up?

Hello! Can someone talk to me about Southwest Rapid Rewards VISA? Hubby got a couple preselected offers in the mail and is wondering if it would be worth getting. The first one he got is earn up to 75,000 points: 40,000 after spending $1000 in 3 mos plus 35,000 after $5000 in 6 mos. The second one he got is just 60,000 points after spending $2000 in the first 3 months.

I’m not even sure how the SW points work. We’ve been flying SW on our 2 trips to WDW and 1 to DLR in the last 4 years but that’s all we’ve flown. Maybe if we could earn points we could afford more vacations. We usually spend about $800 for the 3 of us to fly round trip.

As far as earning the points, we would just use the card to make our grocery purchases since we don’t currently do that with a specific card to earn rewards. That would be around $700 monthly at least. We would pay it off before interest was charged.

I’m aware there is a $69 annual fee applied to the first statement.

Is this worth doing? Are there better offers that come out that I should wait for or should I jump on the 75,000 points offer?

Any help/tips are appreciated! Thank you!

ETA: I just looked up a potential flight for us for this summer and it would cost 47,460 pts + $33.60.

Last edited:

I remember there was some discussion a while ago about Chase offers not showing up/disappearing on biz cards. We’re you guys able to figure out how to see them? Mine disappeared a couple of weeks ago.

Well Credit Journey is also the VantageScore, just FYI. It does give you scale to see what's Good vs Excellent VS scores if that might help. I mean it kinda looks like anything above 780 VS is still in the top range - at least according to CJ.

I get FICO from Discover and Wells Fargo (no CC, just some bank accounts with WF). They use two different FICO models, Discover FICO 8 and Wells Fargo the new FICO 9. I think I also get FICO from Experian... but I also have them for some credit monitoring from a data breach so off the top of my head I can't remember if it's the free account or the ID account that gets it (could be both! I got credit monitoring and scores coming out my ears over here :laughing:)
IYeah. Sounds like you are all set 😂. Ironically, the Citi account that just closed had a FICO score feature. I think I'm just going to close the cards and hope not to lose 30 points in one shot.

Just FYI post...Delta gift cards are like Amazon gift cards and NOT like Disney gift cards. You have to scrape off the pin code and not peel it. Received yesterday my $500 gift card from Delta (bought at BJ's when they had them super reduced). Peeled off the sticker and took the pin code with it! Thank goodness part of the number was visible and I had a friend who could guess at the other numbers. You know when you make your life harder for itself than it needs to be?!?

Oh and which I know you all realize but if you are wondering how you might meet a MSR without being creative take your animal to the vet. So I now might be getting another card sooner than I had anticipated. :)

Helpful to know!

I hope everything is okay with your cat!

I do my taxes and my mom’s with TurboTax. Need Premier since we have a rental property. Have been looking everywhere at prices. Staples has been the highest price thus far @ $69.99(Costco, BJs OD/OM, Amazon, Sam’s all cheaper). Then yesterday Rakuten had an offer for $15 off 60, plus 2%. Plus I had an Amex offer for 10% at Staples. Even though I had a Staples rewards account I hadn’t opened an online account and when I did that last night they sent me a $6 coupon today. Final price $48.99-10% Amex=44.09. If Rakuten tracks, it should be $43.11 (plus tax, free delivery).

Hello! Can someone talk to me about Southwest Rapid Rewards VISA? Hubby got a couple preselected offers in the mail and is wondering if it would be worth getting. The first one he got is earn up to 75,000 points: 40,000 after spending $1000 in 3 mos plus 35,000 after $5000 in 6 mos. The second one he got is just 60,000 points after spending $2000 in the first 3 months.

I’m not even sure how the SW points work. We’ve been flying SW on our 2 trips to WDW and 1 to DLR in the last 4 years but that’s all we’ve flown. Maybe if we could earn points we could afford more vacations. We usually spend about $800 for the 3 of us to fly round trip.

As far as earning the points, we would just use the card to make our grocery purchases since we don’t currently do that with a specific card to earn rewards. That would be around $700 monthly at least. We would pay it off before interest was charged.

I’m aware there is a $69 annual fee applied to the first statement.

Is this worth doing? Are there better offers that come out that I should wait for or should I jump on the 75,000 points offer?

Any help/tips are appreciated! Thank you!
Hi welcome! You've come to the right place. Congrats on those offer, but those are the standard offer that you can also get by using someone’s support link.

SW miles are the easiest miles to use. Once you or your spouse earns them you can use them to book flights for anyone. My husband applies for 2 SW cards last year and earned 120,000 miles + the companion pass. I login to his account to book all our flights. We have been able to get some really good deals. Our trip to Disneyland cost us 8,200 SW mile per person, that’s round trip. And the best part when using SW Miles is that if the points per flight ever drop you can easily rebook to get those miles back.

Some here should be able to get you in our private Reddit groups where you can learn all about earning the Southwest companion pass. Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions. We also like to use our support links to support one another and those that help us. Does this help? But we are all huge SW fans here.

Guys and gals, I went to apply for the Delta card before the AF goes up tomorrow and I got the dreaded pop-up 😭😭
We’ve been using mostly DH’s Amex card. I guess that means I’ll focus on DH’s Citi MSR and then I’ll apply for the Barclay AA.

Plus put spend on my Amex cards.

I did this exact same thing yesterday! Luckily I only had to guess at one number and then when I figured out the last number was a B and not an 8, it worked just fine.

I had a churning fail yesterday with the Delta GCs, but it ended up working out to save $50. I booked a flight yesterday with my Delta GC and was trying to use the $250 credit on the Hilton Aspire, but I used the AmEx Plat Biz. I realized it immediately and called in to cancel the flight since I couldn't do it online. Waited until this morning to rebook to give the GC time to reload and the flight was $50 cheaper! Very excited to save a few $$ since it usually goes the other way for me.

Ok so my Amex biz bonvoy is still showing only points earned as of 2020 and STILL says my card isn’t eligible for membership rewards. what is going on? I know we’re not supposed to call but how can I find out what happened? Even if they took the SUB they shouldn’t have taken the points earned through spend. And they shouldn’t take away the card benefits. Ughhhh

ETA: ok called the robot to check points balance and they’re all there. Amex website must just be wonky.

Last edited:
Ok so my Amex biz bonvoy is still showing only points earned as of 2020 and STILL says my card isn’t eligible for membership rewards. what is going on? I know we’re not supposed to call but how can I find out what happened? Even if they took the SUB they shouldn’t have taken the points earned through spend. And they shouldn’t take away the card benefits. Ughhhh

Maybe I missed something, but the Bonvoy Biz earns Marriott’s Bonvoy points, not Amex’s Membership Rewards points.

Oh... I think I know what’s going on... you need to login to your Marriott account, those numbers reset every year. Bonvoy won’t earn MR, it earns Marriott points and those are transferred to your Marriott account.

Oh... I think I know what’s going on... you need to login to your Marriott account, those numbers reset every year. Bonvoy won’t earn MR, it earns Marriott points and those are transferred to your Marriott account.

Ah, ok! @smallsy - @becauseimnew is right. The total points earned on your dashboard for the account with the Bonvoy Biz is reset every calendar year. Amex didn’t take away anything. They just started counting from 0 at the start of the year. SUB points on Bonvoy cards typically post to your Marriott Bonvoy account within 3-4 days of meeting MSR. Bonvoy points earned from credit card spend is posted to your Marriott Bonvoy account within a day or two of the close of each monthly statement. You don’t even have to pay a minimum amount for them to post unlike the Amex MR-earning cards. They just do. All the Bonvoy points you’ve earned should be in your Marriott account. Even though Amex is keeping score for you, your Bonvoy points aren’t held with Amex.

Wouldn't you know, the first year I don't care about school calendar they release it already??? The last couple of years I think it has been May or June before they release it. And now I still don't know calendars because DS doesn't know where he is going yet.
I’m losing my mind not having the calendar out yet! this will be the first year all 3 are at the same school and I need to plan now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter