• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also play tons of games. That is all we did NYE besides watching the MK fireworks. We have all the Disney games mentioned, though we've not played Villianous yet. We like the others though! We also have the ones you guys have. I still love so many of the old games and find many of the new ones super weird. We have this huge cabinet full of games and I do notice when my kids go grab a game, it is typically an older one as well (Uno, Life, Sorry, Stratego, Battleship, Payday) and the newer ones just kind of sit. I need to go through and get rid of a bunch we never play.
We still have the hand me down original Stratego from the 70s. Love it!

We got 2 of the 10% off $100 Lowes offers, both on our Marriott Biz cards. Likely we'll have something to buy there before they expire anyway BUT, can you just buy $100 Lowes gift cards and call it a day? Just curious....

I think we’re going to use the Lowe’s offer on amazon gcs. We really don’t need any Disney gcs at the moment and I know we’ll use amazon for baby stuff
I used the last offer for uber, starbucks, best buy and grocery store cards, mostly. Happy I have a disney trip planned so that I can actually do disney gcs this time!

I may be the last one to actually pay attention to this, but the lineup for Flower and Garden concerts looks pretty interesting this year. I may just have to add another little trip.

Copied from the DVC site:

Epcot’s longest-running annual festival – the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – is revving up to be a show stopper, with a Garden Rocks Concert Series talent lineup like never before. New to the Garden Rocks Concert Series on the America Gardens Theatre stage this year are Daughtry, Don McLean and other luminaries of various musical genres – so mark your calendars now!

• March 4-5 – Peabo Bryson NEW
  • March 13-16 – Simple Plan
  • March 17-19 – STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
  • March 20-23 – Mark Wills NEW to Garden Rocks
  • March 24-26 – The Spinners
  • March 27-28 – Sister Hazel
  • March 29-30 – The Pointer Sisters
  • March 31-April 2 – Former Journey Lead Vocalist Steve Augeri
  • April 3-4 – Blood, Sweat & Tears
  • April 5-6 – Exposé
  • April 7-9 – Berlin
  • April 19-20 – Rick Springfield
  • April 24-27 – Plain White T’s
  • April 28-30 – Don Felder, formerly of The Eagles
  • May 1-2 – Don McLean NEW
  • May 5-7 – Ambrosia with Peter Beckett NEW
  • May 8-9 – Thelma Houston NEW
  • May 10-11 – The Allman Betts Band NEW to Garden Rocks
  • May 15-18 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
  • May 19-21 – Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot NEW to Garden Rocks
  • May 24-25 – Daughtry NEW
  • May 26-28 – Marshall Tucker Band
  • May 31-June 1 – Survivor
Expose? Wow, they were my crush. Didn't even know they still existed.

I continue to follow the RotR BG thread on the DIS religiously! If anybody has trips coming up and is trying to ride RotR, I highly advise you check that thread out! As we head OUT of holiday crowds, the DPs will be much more meaningful (probably starting Sunday/Monday and beyond)...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...planning-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/
Today was an IT crapfest! People who I KNOW were prepared and well-read on the topic had phones crash and end up with BGs that may not get called until late this afternoon IF AT ALL! It certainly has me frustrated with a trip just 3 weeks out... I'm just hoping things go well for us because it sounds like you're heading early to Hollywood Studios to enter a Lottery that could be tampered with by IT issues... (that's exactly what I want on my $8k vacation)....
I read that, yikes! I hope things go well for you when you are there. And for me too in March.

We also play tons of games. That is all we did NYE besides watching the MK fireworks. We have all the Disney games mentioned, though we've not played Villianous yet. We like the others though! We also have the ones you guys have. I still love so many of the old games and find many of the new ones super weird. We have this huge cabinet full of games and I do notice when my kids go grab a game, it is typically an older one as well (Uno, Life, Sorry, Stratego, Battleship, Payday) and the newer ones just kind of sit. I need to go through and get rid of a bunch we never play.
The old games are the best! We have Life from when DS was little. My 10 year old nephew asked for Life as a Christmas gift so I got him a current version. We played over the weekend and it was not the same! You have to do all kinds of silly things, like demonstrate your best skateboard moves, or tell a joke and make another player laugh. My nephew enjoyed it but I prefer the original.

Applied for dh a CIP tonight using dd's link. All a waiting game :)
Same. Still at 2 weeks.
Have only called a couple times, but admit to also checking his Chase Biz account a couple times too.
I do not sit on a throne of LIES.
Just a regular old throne.
We were so blessed on our last WDW trip (Dec 2019) to have a lady approach me in Epcot and say they had leftover credits and that she would like to buy our meals :oops: Um, thank you!!! Turns out, she wanted to buy 4 adult meals for us which is plenty of food for my fam as we are used to sharing. I hugged her. She probably thought I was crazy lol!
I have had a few like this. Paper fast passes given to us. Once in Epcot, someone walked up and gave DS a plastic samurai sword. We’ve also passed on fast passes we weren’t going to use.
It does feel like Monday but looking forward to just a 2day work week. ( Thursday, Friday)
My 2 day work week was Monday-Tuesday. So I’m good until next week.
For President's Day - yeah, that's probably a great price. I'm paying $469 a night for the lowest value days in January. Why not take the Boardwalk though to save $40 a night? (Not sure how many nights you were going).

I would NOT use points and stay off-site. Personally, I think you would regret it... As far as points for Disney goes, don't get hung up on cashing out URs if that's the right thing for you. I think this needs to be said to everybody here: Cashing out URs at 1cpp is GREAT!! If you can get more value than that out of them, ok...but if not...cash 'em out and stay at your dream Disney resort! :D
I agree with Boardwalk, I mean both resorts are close. In fact BWI is a bit closer to DHS, right?

Also have to comment on @SouthFayetteFan change in attitude. A year ago, still lamenting loss of Disney thru Chase portal (RIP 😢) now not only cashing out his URs but advising that 1 cpp is great! Personally, while I miss the opportunity to book Disney, I am more about free and always cashed out when needed. Free is always a great value for me.

We got 2 of the 10% off $100 Lowes offers, both on our Marriott Biz cards. Likely we'll have something to buy there before they expire anyway BUT, can you just buy $100 Lowes gift cards and call it a day? Just curious....
Yep, you could. But as long as you add it to a card before it disappears (it's a limited enrollment) it's good for another 6 months and it's cumulative purchases. You could use it as you need it and then at the end stock up on Lowe's or other GCs (they also sell VGC/MCGC) to finish out the offer.

The old games are the best! We have Life from when DS was little. My 10 year old nephew asked for Life as a Christmas gift so I got him a current version. We played over the weekend and it was not the same! You have to do all kinds of silly things, like demonstrate your best skateboard moves, or tell a joke and make another player laugh. My nephew enjoyed it but I prefer the original.
My mom wanted to buy my nephews candyland but she said the new characters are too creepy lol

Also have to comment on @SouthFayetteFan change in attitude. A year ago, still lamenting loss of Disney thru Chase portal (RIP 😢) now not only cashing out his URs but advising that 1 cpp is great! Personally, while I miss the opportunity to book Disney, I am more about free and always cashed out when needed. Free is always a great value for me.
But did I really change my attitude 🤔 😉 🤣 🤣

Here I am 360 days ago saying the same thing:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/post-60117153
> BUT many of us have just decided that it's still a great deal to cash out URs to pay for our Disney fix. We need to earn more URs to do this...but it's still FREE travel :)
:D :D I just hadn't cashed any personally at the time because I wanted to see that magical 1 Million number. Once I saw that, logic prevailed and I was like...oh ok, let's get me some cash!

wait on Lowes, it's up to $100 credit? so I could spend $1000?

Ha, I just realized that too! That’ll be good when DH starts to buy up every plant in the world again for our garden. He keeps claiming he’s buying perennials, but I think he’s lying.

this was my last sunrise of the decade over in Kauai! We get to Aulani in 2 days!View attachment 462007

Where did you stay in Kauai? Would love to hear a review!

My last name is easy to rhyme with, so we would just sit around and make up terrible, awful names we could give our children and crack up. We did not use any of those awful names, but it did make it hard to come up with something that would not sound terrible from the get go.
Look at you - up to 8 messages now!!!

But did I really change my attitude 🤔 😉 🤣 🤣

Here I am 360 days ago saying the same thing:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/post-60117153
> BUT many of us have just decided that it's still a great deal to cash out URs to pay for our Disney fix. We need to earn more URs to do this...but it's still FREE travel :)
:D :D I just hadn't cashed any personally at the time because I wanted to see that magical 1 Million number. Once I saw that, logic prevailed and I was like...oh ok, let's get me some cash!
Ok so maybe it was 1 1/2 years ago. But I recall saying I was cashing out and you said you couldn’t because higher cpp could be had.
I’m not criticizing, just pointing out that attitudes and priorities change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter