• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what I was referencing last night was related to plans for 10-15 years down the line for me. A Roth Conversion ladder is a mechanism that could allow you to access traditional retirement funds earlier than 59 1/2 without penalty. I wouldn't even begin these conversions until I was within 5 years of my early retirement (and probably not until I actually "retire"). A discussion on this would be better had in the FIRE thread but if you want to read about it, I feel like the Mad Fientist does a good job explaining it here:

https://www.madfientist.com/how-to-access-retirement-funds-early/
Not sure if you guys were interested in that topic or were more just wondering about roth vs. traditional in your current situation. :D
Ah ok, thanks, no I’m not looking at how to access funds early. I’m still working but I have changed employers recently and am still working through figuring everything out for that. Starting this year I will be contributing to a 401K, never had ability to do that before. So, not sure if I will still do an ira Roth or otherwise this year. Need to figure that out.

When did you purchase the gift card? The only annoying thing is the 45 day waiting period. Otherwise it’s easy to sell and easy to withdraw!
Purchased July 2018. Kept thinking I’d have a use, but I can really only use for tickets and any tickets I want are more. I’m adverse to using cash when I can use points.

Possibly a major change to the Disney Dining Plan:
https://blogmickey.com/2020/01/updated-look-to-the-disney-dining-plan-clarifies-loophole
I know some folks liked that QS meals weren’t separated. They might be now!

This would also kill a popular loophole on Deluxe.
Thanks for posting this! Even though we don’t purchase the dining plan we have the free dining promotion for this summer as part of a Bounceback. We had it last year from the previous Bounceback too but had a ton of meal credits left (due to spending a few days at Universal) so we brought home way too many snacks. I wonder if the child quick service credit will no longer be able to be swapped for 3 snacks. Probably not lol.

Thanks for posting this! Even though we don’t purchase the dining plan we have the free dining promotion for this summer as part of a Bounceback. We had it last year from the previous Bounceback too but had a ton of meal credits left (due to spending a few days at Universal) so we brought home way too many snacks. I wonder if the child quick service credit will no longer be able to be swapped for 3 snacks. Probably not lol.
Boy I’d hope they wouldn’t change that. I never thought about it but that is a pretty sweet loophole on its own haha!

I legit would love to see it at those levels. Like...fly down just for the day...don't plan on riding anything...LOL!
I would totally do it! Not with my kids, and I wouldn't plan on really doing anything but being there. It would be a fun experience to have I think.

In 2018 we were in MK during the morning and afternoon on NYE. We were on a cruise that had an overnight in Orlando and since we had APs we decided to give it a whirl. We had a rental car so had to drive from our hotel (Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, DS area) into MK. The entrance gate lines were nuts but somehow the direction we were coming from dumped us into a super short line. Crowds were crazy but it was also really fun and just cool to be part of. Using FP strategically we ended up riding all of the big rides with no waits, it was awesome. We left around 2 to return our car and get back to the ship. The park had closed to capacity at noon and leaving was actually easy since they weren't letting new folks in.

It's probably not something I'd rush to do again but it was definitely fun to do once. DD (7 1/2 at the time) loved it as well.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Finally caught up with the already long thread!

2020 goals for me:
- Finally take the 20th anniversary trip that didn't happen for our 25th anniversary, and enjoy every. single. minute!
- Put the last 2 1/2 years behind us and embrace our 'new normal'
- Start playing the game in 2-player mode and see how much I've learned from this great board 😀
- Collect $750 in bank bonuses in spring and not feel bad when I close 3 accounts, because (guilt) 😔
- Take a deep breath and see how 2020 unfolds

Right now, the Disney site is showing no availability. The rates show for each category but once I check each category, nothing is available. Waldorf Astoria is available with points on Chase. Isn’t that a Disney Good Neighbor hotel? Anyone have any experience with it?

For those following along on my self-induced flight change stress:

This morning right before I went to bed I finally pulled the trigger and changed my return. Friday 11/27 has either not been made available and disappeared while I was sleeping, or hasn't opened yet, but I wasn't willing to wait and risk it. Unfortunately 1st class was still not available for the return I wanted. So the final flights are:

• Outbound Sunday November 15 (arriving in at NRT Monday afternoon the 16th) in 1st
  • Return Thursday November 26 (Thanksgiving Day) in the evening from NRT and arriving at LAX the same morning :) in Business

When I called today to make the change I was told to look for an email within 24 hours. Still no email, but I logged in and both my Virgin login and the ANA login show the updated flights so I am happy about that.

Now I just have to pare down my itinerary because I think I lost a day off what I had originally planned. Oh and start looking for SW flights to get to LAX and back although I don't know that those are available yet!

That Aspire would REALLY help me right now but I'm afraid to try again so soon! Ugh!

Last edited:
For those following along on my self-induced flight change stress:

This morning right before I went to bed I finally pulled the trigger and changed my return. Friday 11/27 has either been made available and disappeared while I was sleeping, or hasn't opened yet, but I wasn't willing to wait and risk it. Unfortunately 1st class was still not available for the return I wanted. So the final flights are:

• Outbound Sunday November 15 (arriving in at NRT Monday afternoon the 16th) in 1st
  • Return Thursday November 26 (Thanksgiving Day) in the evening from NRT and arriving at LAX the same morning :) in Business

When I called today to make the change I was told to look for an email within 24 hours. Still no email, but I logged in and both my Virgin login and the ANA login show the updated flights so I am happy about that.

Now I just have to pare down my itinerary because I think I lost a day off what I had originally planned. Oh and start looking for SW flights to get to LAX and back although I don't know that those are available yet!

That Aspire would REALLY help me right now but I'm afraid to try again so soon! Ugh!
I tried multiple times on different links over the course of a week and then found an upgrade offer on an old Hilton. They don’t do a credit check if you get the pop up.

Happy New Year!!

2020 Churning Goals

MS 25,000 on 3 CICs (375,000 URs)
MS 25,000 on 2 Golds (200,000 MRs)
MS 15k for a Hilton free night.
MS 50,000 on 2 BBPs (200,000 MRs)

now my reach goals
MS to Delta Platinum Status (this will require $90,000 in Spend and I also need to get approved for a Reserve card)

MS my way to the SW companion pass. Ours expires at the end of the year but I’m hoping to MS $125,000 this year to earn it for 2021.

Happy New Year!!

2020 Churning Goals

now my reach goals
MS to Delta Platinum Status (this will require $90,000 in Spend and I also need to get approved for a Reserve card)

MS my way to the SW companion pass. Ours expires at the end of the year but I’m hoping to MS $125,000 this year to earn it for 2021.
:worship: You are the MS Queen...I’ll be happy if I can do 25k one one CIC

Happy New Year!!

2020 Churning Goals

now my reach goals

Just... how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter