I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life update. We are officially NC residents as of a few weeks ago. Looking forward to a winter with minimal snow. Put a fortune on credit cards lately, needed a ton of new things. Unfortunately, no new MSRs to meet. Mortgage is set now, we could apply for a new one but no idea which direction I want to go with that yet.

Cashed out a bunch of UR with CSR for a new patio set. No travel in the near future planned. Next trip is WDW in Nov but hotel is set and we're driving. Still crossing fingers on that one, we'll see how it goes. It was booked with AA miles. I called last week to add kids to my reservation but they couldn't do it and recommended calling AA. No thanks! I'll wait a few months til they sort themselves out and try again. All my dining reservations were cancelled, like everyone else.

Just called to cancel Citi AA biz. The annual fee hit this week and we're unlikely to fly AA any time soon. Mostly SW people. Going to have 3 more AA cards due within the next few months, that I'll also cancel. It was easy through the automated system. It asked if business used to get the card was closed. I said no the first time and was on hold forever waiting for a human. I HUCA and said yes. It was closed within seconds. :rotfl2:

Jealous! I was hoping to own something in NC this summer. But w/ the craziness I've held off on buying a beach house. I was hoping the Rona would bring down prices as well. Doesn't seem to be the case. But at this point I'll be waiting until 2021 before I do anything.

I'm about to see how the cell phone insurance is with the IHG. My iphone xs screen hasn't been responding randomly. I've been waiting for an apple store to open. I had an appt for Friday and they closed the stores and cancelled my appt. So now I have one for 6/12 I'm hoping they don't cancel. I'm hoping the repair is approved FAST as sometimes I'm locked out of my phone for a few hours, sometimes it's just minutes.

There is support offer for CFU but I've only seen it from another CFU*. i just got a Citi DC a little over a month ago, it is a MC instead of Visa if that matters to you. I believe it will just be a statement credit, it's weird they have this 1% when you charge, 1% when you pay thing. I paid my first statement balance early since the credit limit was a bit low for me and I wanted to charge more, but I think I have to wait for the actual payment date to hit before I get the other 1%.

*referral gets $100 cash back, person who gets the card gets $200 after only $500 spend.

In my 'just for you' I have the ability to support from my Chase Freedom to CFU, so @elgerber could check there if she has a Freedom. Since it is in just for you, it may be one of those random short term star things.

In my 'just for you' I have the ability to support from my Chase Freedom to CFU, so @elgerber could check there if she has a Freedom. Since it is in just for you, it may be one of those random short term star things.
Oh you're right! I just looked, and i have that too on my CF. I guess I could refer DH for another even though he has one he got from PC'ing his CSP? cool.

Thanks. I don't have a Freedom at all, so that won't work. Doesn't really matter, just would be a bonus. I was having a hard time understanding the whole Citi purchase tracker part, when I was reading about the card on their website. Which is why I was wondering if the QuickSilver or CFU were easier.

Thinking back a dozen years, I bet we had some of those. I finally started pulling the "leaky" ones out from normal use. And I think the leaky ones tended to be the newer one (prolly with the new vent method you described). Thanks for solving a long sought mystery. :D

:welcome:
5% for fuel is the best I've seen, and Sam's prolly has the best prices around so I would stick with that. I know of two others, but doubt you would qualify: Ft Knox FCU (don't know anything about it), and Pentagon Federal CU (really only worth about 4.73%, because you when redeem by buying GCs they are above face value ... a $25 GC is 2640 pts on sale, or 2940 regular price)

Even when you pay and annual fee, if you subtract that from the Sign Up Bonus (SUB), you come out way ahead for the first year. Then for year two, you can keep the card if it has continued benefit, Product Change (PC) the card down to a No Fee (NF) card, or just cancel the card. So don't let an AF dissuade your decision.

I agree with palhockeymomof2, I PCed my CIP just after 365 days since approval, and well before the AF was to hit. I actually show a negative $7.92 balance on the new CIC (95/12=7.92)
I was reading reviews on amazon and saw someone mention the little vent. I didn’t realize we had to read the instructions for a bottle lol

I'm full of questions today. Booking a hotel with Chase UR's. It says no cancellation fees. So that means, if I change my mind I can cancel and get all my UR's back no problem?
Yep if it says no cancellation fees then you should get your URs back. We booked a lot of rooms like that and cancelled. The points were put back really fast

Just got a fee free $200 visa at staples.

And if anyone wants a breathable mask, I just got an Airquilo mask from Etsy (they also have their own website) and it is so much better than the previous one I had. It's really well made and I don't mind wearing it. I have to send one to my dad because he left his in Florida when they switched houses last week.

Greenie question:
Can you pay off charges immediately and still get the rewards points/cash back? Or do you have to wait until the statement date for the points to be calculated?
I'm trying to wrap my head around all this and would feel better if I could transfer the payment for certain charges right away. It will help me stay organized.

Greenie question:
Can you pay off charges immediately and still get the rewards points/cash back? Or do you have to wait until the statement date for the points to be calculated?
I'm trying to wrap my head around all this and would feel better if I could transfer the payment for certain charges right away. It will help me stay organized.

depends on CC companies. Amex if u cycle ur charge cards, they post after payment.

Yes, you should get more credit for the 5 than 4, but it does depend on how many actual "days" you purchased. I'm wondering what your promo was? At times there was buy x number of days, get x number days free. So that ticket a 2 days, get 2 free would only get credit for 2 days. I'm not sure if those vouchers would say 4 days. They also have run a buy a ticket get Volcano Bay for free, which is what bought in February. So my ticket was 4 park days with Volcano Bay free promo so when I upgraded I would have had to pay if I wanted Volcano Bay included, because it wasn't really included in the tickets I bought. So I just did the 2 park seasonal AP for no cost. Basically whatever your promo was you have to exclude that from your calculations. Hope that makes sense.
Yes, perfect sense. Thank you for explaining it. Hoping CityWalk stays open later next weekend now that the downtown Orlando curfew has been moved to 10 from 8p.

Last edited:
Another PC question. My CIP AF will hit any day now and I have a credit balance of 300. If I spend the 300 on travel and then PC to a CIC before the statement period ends, do I get the 3x points for the travel category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter