I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I jumped on the sourdough bandwagon this week and have a very novice question about the “feeding.” When you say you feed it once a day, does that mean everyday you’re adding 4oz of flour and water to your starter. Do you also discard some of the starter at feeding time?
I’ve been watching videos online, but there doesn’t seem to be any consistency to the various methods.
When I feed mine, I give it somewhere between 3 tsp- 1/4 cup of flour,and a bit less in water. (always filtered) I don't discard unless it's outgrowing it's jar. I keep it in a quart size mason jar,that way I have enough on hand for a recipe when I want it. and also why I mostly keep it in fridge,bc I dont' want to use that much flour daily if I'm not baking with it daily.
I always looked at the 25# bags longingly - they are cheap compared to the 5# bags, but never bought one until there was no flour in any of the stores (you can now find the 5# bags in most supermarkets near me again). But since we got through the first 25# pretty easily, and we are going to be home until at least May 20 around here, I went for a second 25#!

I've been feeding at the 1/4 cup rate, but I have been discarding. I adjust to feed more if I know I've got a use for the discard coming up. I've been using discard it in various ways - adding it to whatever bread I'm making (unfed, not relying on it to rise, just as a flavor add), I dipped chicken strips in it and dredged them in panko breadcrumbs and made chicken cutlets (they were yummy!) and I just mixed up a sponge to make sourdough waffles for dinner. That used a full cup of starter, so I fed with 1/2 cup flour this time. Have the starter on the counter now, going to feed a bunch today and tomorrow and try for a batch of pure sourdough boule this weekend - if it doesn't rise right, I have 25#s of flour to make something else :rotfl:
I tend to discard 1/3-1/2 c at a time (I just scoop it out lol) and feed at 4 oz water, 4 oz a-p flour. The volume of my starter stays around 2-2.5 c most of the time. Some of my recipes take up to 1.5 c while others use only 1/3 c :rotfl: I bake 2-3 times a week, regular bread pan style, boulle, rolls (hard and soft), bagels, breadsticks, whatever
Good Morning!
It's my Friday at work, so chugging along ready to get home! It's mine and my husband's 15th wedding anniversary! :yay::yay:
We are going to order a meal from Texas Roadhouse for tonight to celebrate.

We have some bananas that are starting to ripen here at work leftover from 911 tele-communicator week from our Ice Cream bar that I set up. I'm going to take home and make banana nut bread with.

My daughter and I want to try acrylic paint pouring for our next art project so I spent some money online with Michael's. If you don't know what paint pouring is, check it out on YouTube. It looks messy, but will be a fun distraction.
Happy anniversary party:
I appreciate any advice honestly. I’ve never done this and it’s different for everyone so having a range of options to try is good in case one doesn’t work. I was hoping to mostly do the lay back breastfeeding position where he lays on top. At our birthing class they said that’s the easiest since he doesn’t have to fight gravity to feed. It may or may not work out for me
That's the only position that never worked for me with all 3 kids!

Obviously not going to deal with it right now, but I just realized I somehow have 2 Delta FF accounts. I pulled up the email with the Disney + offer I had so I could finally use the 2 week trial and the email said I had 880 miles and I knew that was way way too low. I compared it to the number in the DL app and it's different. Is there a way to combine them? I have no idea how I got a 2nd since I thought I had one and the one on the app is the one attached to my amex and I'm sure I put in a DL number when I applied.

I had a boppy but didn't use it much, I really didn't see what the big deal about it was. I never had the other pillow either, I just used regular bed pillows but to each their own! Oh, I had a diaper genie but didn't use it much either, we just used Target bags. Now, the bouncer on the other hand, I loved with all 3 of my kids! I could keep the baby in it and go downstairs and work out, take them in the bathroom while I took a shower, in the kitchen with me to make dinner, wherever!
Ah, the diaper genie. That reminds me, we had those way back in the day with the older kids. But, with our little one now we use Arm and Hammer doggie bags. They work great and are really inexpensive. Just use one for a poopy diaper and throw it in the regular trash can.

Last edited:
I tend to discard 1/3-1/2 c at a time (I just scoop it out lol) and feed at 4 oz water, 4 oz a-p flour. The volume of my starter stays around 2-2.5 c most of the time. Some of my recipes take up to 1.5 c while others use only 1/3 c :rotfl: I bake 2-3 times a week, regular bread pan style, boulle, rolls (hard and soft), bagels, breadsticks, whatever

Happy anniversary party:

That's the only position that never worked for me with all 3 kids!
Well shoot I hope it works for me. It seems so easy to lay back like that. Plus I’m lazy lol

I've never been asked to provide proof of age with a lap infant, but I always take a copy of my kids' birth certificates when we travel just in case we ever need them.
We traveled several times on SW this last year with a lap infant and were always asked for the proof of age at check in to receive the boarding pass. Even when she was just a few months old and was obviously younger than two. Interesting how different places have different protocols or enforcement.

Offer merchant logo

Get 5% back on purchases, up to $10
Earn at U.S. Supermarkets
Expires
08/31/2020

On my Rose Gold card. Would be nice to match up with a $ of fee on Visa cards.

@Haley R

:love::love::love: 490280 You look so awesome!

Boppy - never bothered with it.
Shopping cart cover - YES Please!!!! Wash after every use then put it back in your car or where you never forget to grab it on your way out! Some are so comfy to take a nap in while at the park. Makes a great changing pad too.

Lastly, as soon as your water breaks EAT FOOD!!!! You will not be fed in the hospital until after your baby is born and that can be a very long time! Make sure hubby eats too!!! Pack some snacks in your bag.

Last edited:
I was looking at the United website and I'm confused. Do I have to cancel my travel before April 30th to get the redeposit fee waived? what about a ticket bought for cash? Can they be any less clear?

@Haley R

:love::love::love: View attachment 490280 You look so awesome!

Boppy - never bothered with it.
Shopping cart cover - YES Please!!!! Wash after every use then put it back in your car or where you never forget to grab it on your way out! Some are so comfy to take a nap in while at the park. Makes a great changing pad too.
View attachment 490281

Lastly, as soon as your water breaks EAT FOOD!!!! You will not be fed in the hospital until after your baby is born and that can be a very long time! Make sure hubby eats too!!! Pack some snacks in your bag.
Haha thank you. I have snacks and Gatorade packed in the bag. Hopefully I’ll remember to eat something at home first. If I get induced she said they’ll feed me after getting the Cervidil.

Those getting paper checks, does your status on the IRS page say "Not available" still? Been checking every day and nothing. We qualify... We use Turbo Tax and owed last year but I provided the debit information. However I just filed our 2019 taxes last week but many data points say that is not a hold up.
I check the IRS site about 3 times a day. Tonight I finally made progress! It's now asking for my bank information. Don't give up, keep checking it :)

yep after they shut it down for maintenance it works now . thank you coders the unsung heroes of the day .

Last edited:
Haha thank you. I have snacks and Gatorade packed in the bag. Hopefully I’ll remember to eat something at home first. If I get induced she said they’ll feed me after getting the Cervidil.
Once labor began for me, I never felt much like eating. I was nauseated with all my labors or just had no appetite. We always took snacks in with us and thought dh would sneak them to me but I never ate. With my last, I was throwing up during labor and they had to give me something to stop that. So, don't be surprised if you aren't hungry. You will be ravenous afterwards and hospital food will never taste so good lol!!

Once labor began for me, I never felt much like eating. I was nauseated with all my labors or just had no appetite. We always took snacks in with us and thought dh would sneak them to me but I never ate. With my last, I was throwing up during labor and they had to give me something to stop that. So, don't be surprised if you aren't hungry. You will be ravenous afterwards and hospital food will never taste so good lol!!
I’m not gonna lie, I’m excited for someone else to cook for me. We haven’t done any takeout/delivery for over a month and it’s not fun. I’m hoping the hospital is being pretty sanitary with their cooking and stuff compared to what you would get from a restaurant.

We were talking last week about some of the stores that may have to file for some type of bankruptcy and how the group that owns the various Loft stores was one of them. I think I figured out part of their problem. I ordered 3 pairs of shorts, a t-shirt and a pair of cute socks that were on clearance. The t-shirt shipped on it's own the other day, either UPS or UPS sure post. The socks just shipped ON THEIR OWN the same way. I realize things may be coming from different area's but you'd think an inter company transfer of stuff would make more sense than shipping items one at a time.

Disney also split my order up but it was the picture frame by itself and the other 3 items all shipped together, that kind of makes sense.

I’m not gonna lie, I’m excited for someone else to cook for me. We haven’t done any takeout/delivery for over a month and it’s not fun. I’m hoping the hospital is being pretty sanitary with their cooking and stuff compared to what you would get from a restaurant.

I would have second the suggestion of packing snacks. You may deliver in the middle of the night and you will be hungry.

Typically there are meals and snacks on the maternity floor and depending on the time you deliver, that may be all you can get. We always had great nurses who let dh raid the kitchen for himself and me. Hopefully that is all well-stocked!!

Typically there are meals and snacks on the maternity floor and depending on the time you deliver, that may be all you can get. We always had great nurses who let dh raid the kitchen for himself and me. Hopefully that is all well-stocked!!
I think they still have food like that available but we aren’t allowed to get it ourselves. They have to bring everything to our room but I prefer it that way anyway. I don’t think Dh or I want to wander the halls right now. I know the meals come from the bottom floor where the kitchen is though (maternity is fourth floor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter