I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH’s SW account is back to normal and now I am obsessing about when his SW Biz points will post. His statement closed yesterday and the other months they posted on the 5th. Nope not this month. The wait is on...will he have CP before we fly on 1/16?

Interesting I had a statement close for SW BIZ on 1/2 and still no sign of those points....glad to see it is not just me.

Looking at my spreadsheet, I see that DH's Marriott Biz anniversary date is coming up. Is that card still at $95? or did it go up to $125 like the Amex Biz?

Also, are there any BonBon Good Neighbor hotels that are Cat 5? Trying to make use of the 3 certificate's he'll get this year. Or maybe it's time for us to try Universal Studios. Any BonBon hotels near OU?

And did new promos drop today? 11 minute wait for the WDW website!!

DH got an upgrade offer on his Amex Gold! 60k MRs for $5k spend. Planning to use up the airline and dining credits on the Gold, wait for it to post, apply for the Plat (🤞 no pop-up), then take the upgrade offer.

Has anyone been able to pull up the 70 or 75k Plat offer via support? 75k only comes up for me without support.

Am I the only one that gets a giggle reading bank bonus terms for banks that were obviously hit by churners? It's pretty easy to spot when you read stuff like :
Person-to-Person and bank transfers between your accounts or accounts you have at other financial institutions or brokerages do not qualify.

Transfers made from one account to another or deposits made via a branch, ATM, online transfer, mobile device, debit card/prepaid card number or the mail are not eligible to meet this requirement.

Payments received for goods sold do not qualify.

Account must remain open, active, in good standing, and in the same product type through the qualifying period to receive the bonus.

I have to imagine after each iteration a new phrase or sentence gets added to the T&C to catch the new antics the churners got up to. :laughing:

Looking at my spreadsheet, I see that DH's Marriott Biz anniversary date is coming up. Is that card still at $95? or did it go up to $125 like the Amex Biz?

Also, are there any BonBon Good Neighbor hotels that are Cat 5? Trying to make use of the 3 certificate's he'll get this year. Or maybe it's time for us to try Universal Studios. Any BonBon hotels near OU?

And did new promos drop today? 11 minute wait for the WDW website!!
The Chase Marriott Biz is still $99. That one was a couple bucks more than the others before but still better than the new $125 for the AmEx version.

Since it's discontinued I don't expect Chase to increase the fee.

DH got an upgrade offer on his Amex Gold! 60k MRs for $5k spend. Planning to use up the airline and dining credits on the Gold, wait for it to post, apply for the Plat (🤞 no pop-up), then take the upgrade offer.

Has anyone been able to pull up the 70 or 75k Plat offer via support? 75k only comes up for me without support.
Nice! And yes, I'm seeing 75K Plat via support in incognito.

Find a way that he doesn't have to 'keep track of everything' - my DW tires of that pretty quickly - especially if I keep telling her she used the wrong card......AGAIN!! :p

I have had to hold my tongue on “ wrong card”. DH was tired of hearing it and trying to keep up. Now he is down to 2 cards - CIU for just about everything since it is 1.5x and CIC for Staples and gas. Really he doesn't go many other places! Other than Home Depot and I buy him gift cards when I get a Chase offer.

I track everything. So other than a few calls if needed, he doesn't really do anything. And he likes it that way!

My dh would feel exactly the same if he had to do anything but he rarely even knows he has a new card. Very rarely, I will actually give him the card and just say, 'start using this for everything' but typically, *I* just keep his card and use it for everything.
This is us. He hasn't seen his new BBP and since we are almost done with MSR, he never will!:rotfl2:

New Amex Offer: UberEats $5 off $15, use up to 2 times

I found it on my Gold (dp say it codes as 4x restaurant), and on DH's vanilla Plat (which has the $15 UberEats monthly credit) but not on either of our Schwab Plats.
On my Plat--will need to check dh's Gold--and then I will need to investigate UberEats because I've never used it lol
Go for it!
We had 3 nights on the North Rim this past September which I cancelled when we decided to go to Rome. I might return to stalking the website :surfweb:

I was approved this morning for the SW Priority (Personal) card that I'm going to use to finish out my CP. I SMed Chase and asked if my card could be expedited and just received a message that I will receive it within 1 to 2 business days! I will be able to meet that spend as soon as I get the card in the mail. From there, it will just be waiting for my statement to close and points post to my account.

DH, DS and I are trying to plan a quick trip to Florida to see a couple of spring training baseball games, so hopefully I will receive it in time to use with that trip. We will probably be going mid-March, so I'm hopeful it will all work out!

Thanks everyone for your help with everything!

Edited to add that I closed my Wells Fargo account this morning - so I survived my first bank bonus attempt! I had done the $400 promotion that was available last year. I transferred the money out last Thursday and emailed them through their website this morning asking to close the account since the funds had just posted to my main account and the Wells Fargo balance was back to $0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter