I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need a separate cell phone, or just a separate number? If you just need the separate number, you may look into an app like Google Voice which allows you to use a different phone number through the app for calls and texts while keeping the same device.
Currently I think a separate number will work. I just need a number to put on my resume that if someone leaves a message it won't say hi, this is my name with my company.

Currently I think a separate number will work. I just need a number to put on my resume that if someone leaves a message it won't say hi, this is my name with my company.

Im fairly certain Google Voice will allow you to set up a voicemail and everything. I think it’s free so I’d try that and get someone to call you and text you through it and see how it works.

So I had an incredibly rough day at work yesterday. I won't bore you with the details but it was surreal. Unfortunately it's making me concerned about upcoming travel plans (mainly Alaska cruise) but I'll worry about that later. My current issue is needing a cell phone number not connected to my work mobile voicemail. I ported my personal number when my company provided me with a phone and started paying for my service. I'd be grateful for any suggestions. I did use straight talk before and still have a very old iphone 6. I'm definitely not wanting to spend much on anything because of uncertainty.
:grouphug: on the work craziness. I totally emphasize even without knowing all of your situation. Work stress is just so uncool. I have in my mind that when I turn 55 this year I have so more options. That is the first opportunity to tap into my company retirement benefits. I wouldn't retire outright but would be able to go somewhere else knowing I am not losing anything at the current company. Hang in there and I hope it works out either where you are or at a new place.

you should get all the card benefits.

I'm not sure if anything recently changed but for us as long as one person traveling has a delta card we never have any issues with free checked bags. I've used it for tickets booked on URs, reward tickets, as well as to get free bags for my parents when they're traveling. The only time DH had an issue was when I sent him with his AU card and the agent in Nashville told him it wouldn't work because it didn't have a SkyMiles number on it (only the primary card has the SkyMiles number). They still let him have the bag though. I'm sure he tipped well 😁

I have decided to go for a new AmEx card. I can meet the spend on either the personal or biz platinum and I'm okay with the steep AFs.

With the personal platinum I can still only pull up 60K MRs (I try incognito), but I could probably get 100k MRs for the biz.

I would use the Saks and some of the Uber monthly credits and possibly the FHR benefits on the personal card.

On the biz card I could possibly, maybe, just maybe, use the Dell credit if I tried hard enough (but would be OOP cash since the things I like are well over $100.00).

So the major difference is in the MRs. Which card should I apply for?

I should also mention that the number of times I will be able to spend $10K for the MSR are very, very limited. But the Saks credit is tempting me (super easy for me to use). I know there are experts that can look at these things more critically than I can, so WWYD?
im 99% sure the best you will get if you have had an amex card before is 70k (i got it) but most of the time its 60k
The FHR benefits are hit and miss I love mine though. 5x on airfare. Sax credit is also easy to use I am a fan of buying benefits I can use for my 6 flights a year.

Dh drives me crazy. Every winter he gets tired of the cold and wants me to book a cruise within the next few months. I research and try but it is too hard and too much $$ to get a family of 5 on a cruise in summer a few months out. Last year I said do you want me to book a cruise for next summer? Nope, it’s too far out.
Now, it Jan again and he wants me to look for a cruise this summer But they are too pricey. So I just booked us on the Freedom of the Seas June 2021 so I don’t have to go through this again. Price isn’t too bad for 5 and we were able to get connecting rooms. We have always wanted to try Freedom of the Seas so I’m super excited. I’m not telling Dh until next winter when he starts bugging me. I might even just wait and tell him on his Bday next year.
:rotfl2: Same here...... I usually let DH know we've got something booked ONLY when I need him to get the vacation time off from work..... and then he forgets,and then I remind him closer to the date....He's still muddled about this Spring break trip,even tho he's 'known' about it since last October.... if it comes up in conversation,he says "wait,what are we doing this spring???" I'll refresh his memory the week prior to leaving....:rotfl:

UGH I have two coming from Chase today! I already got my bank bonus tax form, why two more?! Did Chase differentiate between biz and personal referrals last year with different tax statements?

ETA maybe informed delivery is just drunk and showing the same envelope twice? The first image is all wonky and turned. Fingers crossed!
I see I've got something coming today......this is new for me....

I'm not sure if anything recently changed but for us as long as one person traveling has a delta card we never have any issues with free checked bags. I've used it for tickets booked on URs, reward tickets, as well as to get free bags for my parents when they're traveling. The only time DH had an issue was when I sent him with his AU card and the agent in Nashville told him it wouldn't work because it didn't have a SkyMiles number on it (only the primary card has the SkyMiles number). They still let him have the bag though. I'm sure he tipped well 😁
same here I think you are right that it's attached to the delta SkyMiles number. I can tell you though when I tried to use my platinum Amex for the companion certificate they said I had to use my delta card.

So I had an incredibly rough day at work yesterday. I won't bore you with the details but it was surreal. Unfortunately it's making me concerned about upcoming travel plans (mainly Alaska cruise) but I'll worry about that later. My current issue is needing a cell phone number not connected to my work mobile voicemail. I ported my personal number when my company provided me with a phone and started paying for my service. I'd be grateful for any suggestions. I did use straight talk before and still have a very old iphone 6. I'm definitely not wanting to spend much on anything because of uncertainty.
We have BoostMobile and they are very reasonably priced.

@Lain tesla didnt let me do more than 5k I tried very hard

Were you around when this happened?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/29-...tesla-with-a-credit-card-to-earn-rewards.html
DBag Keith Rosso is a writer and editor on MMS. He first published this story on MMS. He also wrote a series of clickbait articles using "this one cool trick!" to earn 3x UR through Plastiq using the CIP (like paying for his buddy's grad school tuition for the points and getting reimbursed). Then MMS pushed the Tesla story hard and got it picked up on Yahoo!, AOL, Business Insider, TPG et al. over the next few months, and finally on CNBC.

Within a day or two of this article running on CNBC, Plastiq earning 3x UR on the CIP was DEAD.

Funny thing was MMS then scrubbed its site of Keith's Plastiq-trick articles. And the wannabe-TPG turned all his social media accounts private because of the backlash.

Blogs are where secrets go to die.

so far this morning,
"DH" applied for SW card with my referral - Need more time response.

I called to upgrade my SW Personal card to the Priority. Unfortunately, I didn't realize you needed 5K CL minimum to upgrade. I had reduced the CL a long time ago. So they need to approve that increase and then I'll need to call in again.

Somehow DH's SW flight in May didn't have his RR number attached. So I called in to have that added. I could not find how to do that on-line.

Went through all the old CCs and will be shredding all closed ones. Too much clutter to keep for no reason.

Finally closed my PNC and DH PNC bank accounts

Got a notice the flights I am tracking for July went up $100. Uggh - see my post on loving SW. I still think the prices will fall but I need to come up with a backup plan.

Just pulled out the Delta CCs. I have an E'ee card on DH's account (to help him meet spend). It doesn't have the number. I'll make sure to take the primary cards on our trip.

Were you around when this happened?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/29-...tesla-with-a-credit-card-to-earn-rewards.html
DBag Keith Rosso is a writer and editor on MMS. He first published this story on MMS. He also wrote a series of clickbait articles using "this one cool trick!" to earn 3x UR through Plastiq using the CIP (like paying for his buddy's grad school tuition for the points and getting reimbursed). Then MMS pushed the Tesla story hard and got it picked up on Yahoo!, AOL, Business Insider, TPG et al. over the next few months, and finally on CNBC.

Within a day or two of this article running on CNBC, Plastiq earning 3x on the CIP was DEAD.

Funny thing was MMS then scrubbed its site of Keith's Plastiq-trick articles. And the wannabe-TPG turned all his social media accounts private because of the backlash.

Blogs are where secrets go to die.
yeah, I saw this but I was 3rd in line at my store. They let me do the deposit and 3500$ order fee, but I kept pushing they said we can do a one time 500$ charge but nothing else.
I debated getting a loan to pay it off with plastiq too doesnt seem worth it for the points (to pay the front-loaded interest) I ordered a cyber truck when that comes out I'm not sure how I'm going to approach it I bet they cap it at the delivery fee again. This was posted 5 months after I took delivery. But yeah that's, why we have this thread right :), keep it in the disboard family

Do you need a separate cell phone, or just a separate number? If you just need the separate number, you may look into an app like Google Voice which allows you to use a different phone number through the app for calls and texts while keeping the same device.
I second this....I have Google voice number and you can get voicemail on that number sent to your phone and to an email address.

I'm trying to add early bird on a SW flight in April. I currently have A list which will expire at the end of February. For some reason, it won't let me buy EBCI. I was able to buy it for DH (my companion). Anyone have experience with this? I'd rather not waste time calling in!

I received the email from RR about 1k points if I use turbo tax.
Does anyone know if the points would still trigger if I do the completely free option? Thinking of using for my daughters, as they are both free file.
I read the fine print but couldn't see anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter