I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen gas that cheap in... well, I can't even remember when. It's been around $4/gallon here last time I checked. I'm glad I don't drive much anymore.

Really. Normal price around here is around $2.50/gallon. I always fill up at Sams Club or Costco. Filled up the other day at $2.24/gallon.

Just PC'd my AMEX Brilliant Marriott card to regular Marriott Card. Did not have any use this year for the $300 credit or extras. Hoping I will get an upgrade offer again in the future.

Exactly how I feel! The only thing about our next trip in March - our flight leaves at 6:00 AM - so that means we need to leave at 2:00AM to get there 2 hours early....
What time does your airport/airline open? I've gotten to the airport 2 hours early for a first flight out but the airline wasn't even open yet to check a bag. We stood in line at the counter for a half hour waiting for someone to show up and then boot up the computers. Just thought I'd put it out there if yours is like that. We used a shuttle service so kinda like MDE they get you there 2 hours before flight time no matter what. We had plenty of company though, and I think nearly all of us were going to Disney! The crazy things we do for the mouse :)

I don't but one of my co-workers bought one when we were in Disney Springs and wears it a lot. I don't know how it fits, unfortunately. He tried it on in store.
I need a large size. It looks fitted so not sure if I should go up a size or not. This is making me lean toward the 32 degrees .

I bought one last year by 32 degrees and I love it. I was going to suggest it, but I went to Macy's to get a link for you I saw all the bad reviews about the feathers coming out. The hood on my is detachable and I don't wear it.
Yeah, I read those reviews on Macy's!! On the 32 degrees website it is 24.99 and more positive reviews but the one made specifically for Macy's (I can't really tell the difference) is $42 with more of the bad reviews.

One thing that's important to me for packable jackets is that it stuffs into the pocket, or at least something attached to the jacket. Because if it's an included sack, I'm either going to forget the sack, or worse, lose it.

Another thing that I've noticed is that the more seams on the jacket, the more compressible it'll be.

I got DH a Marmot synthetic fill when he needed one for a trip and I couldn't find a Patagonia price I was happy with. I think it was just under $100 on sale. It was warm and kept dry better than my Patagonia. Could be because it was new and never washed. But my biggest gripe is that it's extremely hard to get it to stuff into the pocket and zip up.

Ditto everything here, except I like the hood for when it rains. Like today!
I didn't think about the pocket vs sack. That is a great point. I think all I have been looking at are in a sack. I might need to rethink. I agree with the hood comment. Thinking this would have been a good thing for Mt Rainier. We were fine with a hoodie under our rain coats but it was chilly in places.

Our cruise this year ends in Miami, FL on 3/21. We’d be off the cruise by 9 likely. Our flight leaves at 3pm from MIA. As a family of 6 (kids 12-6), would you just head to the airport and hang out or is there a way to get a Hilton for the day using points (aka, would there be a way to check in on the 20th through an app maybe?) then we’d just show up at 9:30, get free breakfast, swim, shower and Uber to MIA and fly home?

There are plenty hotels around MIA that offer day rates - we have used one before after a cruise. Think we paid around $60 - though that was about 10 years ago. I know many of the Hilton branded hotels offered it - not sure about others. Don't think you would be able to use points though.

Exactly how I feel! The only thing about our next trip in March - our flight leaves at 6:00 AM - so that means we need to leave at 2:00AM to get there 2 hours early....

Yikes!! We have a 5am flight in July (to Disneyland), so we don't need to be up quite that early, it will still be rough! My kiddos will be going on their first flights, so I doubt they'll get much rest. I've decided not to do the parks that first day, I have a feeling we'll all be in bed by 5pm PST!

I posted my stats on Dischurners... I'm wondering if I should get the Hilton Aspire today. I would definitely like to go for CIP but I'm not sure based on my stats.
Yeah, you're 3/24 but you shouldn't go for a CIP until March at this point (I see your concern now, lol). I see no reason you can't go for the Aspire as long as you plan to continue to spend on that card to keep the Amex Popup gods happy!! :D

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if I could get advice on using credit cards for buying a used car. I'm about to my teens a used car. I just started looking but I was wondering if it was possible to use credit cards to pay for it. (I have the cash to pay for it in full but I was thinking maybe I could earn points if I use a credit card) Also, any particular card to use? Thanks in advance!
Did this on the last 2 used (preowned) cars we purchased. They even agreed to let me do some cash and 2 different cards we were working on.

oops, lost quote about the packable jackets----my LE one doesn't have a hood. I think a hood would make it too bulky for what I need (something tiny that fits in a carryon).

Also Hyatt offers on Chase. Separate offers for 15% back at Hyatt House and Hyatt Place

Each offer is for
Earn 15% back when you spend $100 or more, with a $45.00 back maximum. Expires 2/15/2020.
I've got both of those, but I wish they went through March!
I'm also seeing a new Rite Aid offer. Only 5% for me like usual, but hopefully someone gets something worthwhile... like $4 max :rotfl2:
I always get the 5% at drugstores, not 10%.

One thing that's important to me for packable jackets is that it stuffs into the pocket, or at least something attached to the jacket. Because if it's an included sack, I'm either going to forget the sack, or worse, lose it.

Another thing that I've noticed is that the more seams on the jacket, the more compressible it'll be.

I got DH a Marmot synthetic fill when he needed one for a trip and I couldn't find a Patagonia price I was happy with. I think it was just under $100 on sale. It was warm and kept dry better than my Patagonia. Could be because it was new and never washed. But my biggest gripe is that it's extremely hard to get it to stuff into the pocket and zip up.

Ditto everything here, except I like the hood for when it rains. Like today!

Totally agree about the fact that whatever I need to pack it in needs to be attached. The one I have slips into it's own pocket. It's pretty amazing, but I always worry that it's going to rip because it just looks too small for the wonderfully warm coat that magically fits inside.

Today? My puffer can't handle this rain. I put a shell on top of it when it really rains(I have 2, one nice stretchy one from TNF and another one that's actually gore tex but doesn't stretch). I bring both when we travel (plus a hat and gloves) but that's because lately instead of our typical Hawaii/FL trips we seem to find ourselves close to or in the Arctic.

DD won't do an attached hood because it messes up her hair, and I won't because it makes it harder to pack, plus I rarely wear hoods.

I didn't think about the pocket vs sack. That is a great point. I think all I have been looking at are in a sack. I might need to rethink. I agree with the hood comment. Thinking this would have been a good thing for Mt Rainier. We were fine with a hoodie under our rain coats but it was chilly in places.

If you don't want to bring along a hat, then perhaps a hooded version would be best, but some of the best packable jackets aren't really waterproof, so you may still need that shell if you don't specifically find a waterproof one. When I was looking the waterproof ones just weren't as soft and packable so I chose to just add a shell on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter