I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay hilariously we just got a new (to us) van and when we got it home we realized the old owners left a dvd in the player- it was Fraggle Rock!
that's awesome, but even better that you knew what it was and weren't creeped out, haha. Didn't know they had it on DVD! *off to look on Amazon, the store of the world*

Love Fraggle Rock!
Love that you came out of lurkdom to join in our OT! I definitely remember Fraggle Rock. I watched it when I got home from school!
Yep I remember that one, too!
I didn't watch Fraggle Rock often but definitely remember it.
I remember Fraggle Rock and liked it. :-)
:welcome: I love that our off topic chatter brought you out of lurkdom. Definitely watched Down at Fraggle Rock and now I have that song in my head. I was older then so didn't watch many of them but did watch occasionally.

Thanks to everyone who validated my childhood, proving I am not crazy. You are my people! lol :flower1: And thank you ALL for welcoming me!! I was nervous to post for the first time, but I see you guys are nicer than I thought! Verdict's still out on the supreme leader though... ;) lol j/k.

Every time someone says Fraggle Rock, I think of this video :rotfl2:
thanks for sharing, that is hilarious! A pb&j sandwich and FR is just what I need to be happy too, haha. Who knew?!

Down at Fraggle Rock! I watched it but sadly don't remember nearly any of the content like I do other shows. If I could find it on a streaming service I could probably get a new series going. :laughing:

But I also remember that it was an HBO show so maybe that's why not as many remember it? We had cable but I recall I had friends that didn't.
Wow, I didn't realize it was on HBO! I'm shocked, my parents were cheap, didn't realize we had that channel lol. But thank you, this explains everything!

My SW saga continues....It’s pretty sad that DH’s SW shopping points have posted but still no sign of his CC points. The good news as soon as they post he will have CP. Now to obsess again today.

They show on his statement but just didn't post to his SW account? I wonder if they slow roll people on purpose knowing you have a flight coming up.

How about Romper Room?
Looney Toons, Hanna Barbera (Tom & Jerry was my favorite), Woody Woodpecker, Sesame Street, Electric Company and best of all Mr. Rogers were pretty much what I grew up on.

Yes!! Those were my shows too! Totally forgot about the others! This may have been a CO show, but Noel and Andy were my fav, and I’ll never forget the Herbie Love Bug car that I wanted to win soooo bad. Fun trip down memory lane 😊

I grew up on Looney Toons and Muppets, Hanna Barbera, Captain Kangaroo, Tom and Jerry, PBS - Sesame Street and Electric Company. My favorite to watch with my kids was Bear in the Big Blue House. I liked the music! Now that my kids are older, their collective favorite is Looney Toons. They bought each other Looney Toons related Christmas gifts (Pop figures, dvds, a figurine of bugs...). DS20 does a killer Bugs Bunny imitation. So funny! My grandma (passed away in 2012) loved Bugs also and we inherited a few of her Bugs collectibles.

I finally got to look at doordash options near me.... looks like I'll at least be able to use that $60 credit .... plenty of places we like to eat,we'll just order it one time. Question,I"ve never used this before...would that $60 be for food,and then I'd calculate driver tip into that amount- like $55 food/$5 tip? (or something,just tossing that out here) or do I use the credit on the food cost,and tip in cash when it's dropped off?

PSA (b/c my dumb story might be useful warning for someone out there reading:cool:)
....And..... between yesterday and today, I *finally* sat down and started organizing my thoughts and records....and realized how *disorganized* I truly am... :rolleyes1 :crazy: First of all not ONE of my notes regarding my SWA upcoming plans was correct.... I had to go into my digital receipts in order to get everything straight... (Finally managed it after much wonderment at my own ineptitude) And This a.m. I saw in my informed delivery email that my insurance company was sending me something threatening lack of coverage....(WTH??? I paid those back in December to hit MSR!!!) Which prompted a deep scan of my insurance accounts,along with cc pages b/c I had scheduled a large payment (for MSR!!!:sad2:) and now recalling I had some trouble getting the payment page to update,and forgot to check back (vacations do that to me) and just now seeing it WASN'T paid.:scared1: Which prompted me to quadruple check that last MSR....to see if I had missed the boat and missed those bonus points....:faint: (which would have served me right for being lax with record keeping last month) but.....it turned out ok (due to my overspending without realizing it lol) I see the bonus is coming on next statement.....I added the insurance bill to that cc anyway just for good measure but *WOW*..... what a dummy.(who tries to learn from mistakes made at least)
This afternoon I am resolving (yes a resolution) to get ALL of my details in order and on spreadsheets.... and will keep careful track henceforth. ( what started all of this yesterday you ask? Oh....just me being surprised that our Hyatt cc had given us a free night,and I had forgotten about it b/c of the above...which set me looking into my records....)

🤦‍♂️ This is what’s wrong with America 😛 🤣 We all need to watch more muppets!!
I will disagree on this to say we all need to watch more classic muppets..... I love the old school muppets...I dislike the new muppets stuff (including that show,it creeped me out)

Long time, slow churning lurker here. Y’all have the best advice and the best board on the Dis. I try to keep up daily... u guys move quick. Just couldn’t keep quiet anymore once the muppets talk started. 😅 Tell me someone remembers that other Jim Henson show called Fraggle Rock? Loved that show but none of my peers remember it!
I Googled it and this is what I learned:

This series for both the young and young at heart follows the adventures of the Fraggles, a race of short, furry creatures living a carefree existence in a complex network of magical caves. When they're not filling their time playing games, singing songs or dancing their cares away, Gobo, Mokey, Red, Wembley and Boober Fraggle seek the sage advice of Marjory the Trash Heap, nosh on the confectionary constructions of the industrious Doozers, and attempt to stay clear of the giant beings known as Gorgs.

So we have a short furry creature called Boober Fraggle living in a magical cave, consulting Marjory the Trash Heap, and people thought Teletubbies & The Wiggles (I loved them) were weird?!?!?! :laughing:

I transferred MR to the HH account last night and this morning reserved two nights in early February to visit DS18 in Nashville for his birthday! Decided to head south of the city and stay at a Hilton with bigger rooms, free parking, and pay fewer points than if I stayed closer to the school. Looking forward to the trip and hoping for good driving weather!

I’m guessing
https://dintaifungusa.com/
And BTW I’m jealous. Now if I could use DoorDash for that I’m in. I looked here and we’ve got Subway and Chipotle for healthy. Um no thanks.
I didn't know the sushi place at this crazy intersection I go to on occasion was on door dash the price is the same and free delivery. I think I will use this vs drive with my kid after preschool. Is it Monday yet? is 60$ too much fo an off-property lunch? lol

Liberty Kids? My kids have watched it. We own the entire series on dvd. I raised my kids on PBS also so lots of Carmen Sandiego, Arthur, Sesame Street, Magic School Bus.
AND, I guess my kids watch a lot of TV cause they watched all those shows too. I remember the heartbreak when Steve left for college and his brother, Joe, came to play Blue's Clues. I'm not sure dd19 ever really recovered from that.
You can tell how old our kids are by this lol these are all shows my kids liked too...those old PBS shows had amazing content for learning while watching! I was not a big fan of kids shows with commercials....altho ds2 did watch some Disney jr shows like Stanley....their friends watched Spongebob all the time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter