I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred’s as in Fred Meyer? If that’s the case I won’t upgrade my card. I currently use Chase at Fred Meyer.

Yes fred Meyer. Amex doesn't code it as grocery only chase and discover do. No idea about citi, bofa etc as none of my cards have grocery categories. It sucks but I can see where they are coming from kinda.

I'm curious about how a paid off mortgage affects credit score,since that's my current goal

If memory serves, when we paid off ours the score dropped a bit. I think that happens anytime you pay off an installment loan. But it picked back up again. Our cars and mortgage are paid off and have been for a while and we are well into the 800's.

This wouldn't open for me, but seems to me I've heard it elsewhere. Just haven't read it from Marriott yet.

So if I'm gold and have 38 nights, does that mean I would get more nights added in July? Didn't they already give some of us credit for 2 credit cards at 15 nights this year? (I think that's how I got 30 of my nights!)

My understanding is, if you are gold, you will receive 13 added nights. I think I read you will get 15 night credits for each of your credit cards. You can find it under the “loyalty” area Bonvoy Covid-19 FAQ

Well it took forever, but finally my bonus for the CIP posted. YAY! In other happy news, the URs we used to book Ashford Castle are also back in the account. When we initially booked the booking was non refundable. We cancelled since we aren't going to Irealnd after all and were hoping an exception would be made. The hardest part about cancelling was the idea we'd be throwing away 274K UR points. The hotel agreed to a refund and Chase gave us our points back. It took a few phone calls and the request had to be made by Chase in writing and we had to wait for the hotel to respond. Overall about a week or so back and forth. At this time, BA says the travel together ticket will be extended until December. Seeing as it expires in November, that isn't anything to write home about. Hopefully, they will change their policy in a couple of months and things will be more favorable. TBH I'd rather lose the travel together ticket over the URs we just got back, so I'm already happy with the outcome of this trip cancellation. Now I'm just waiting on receiving a refund for the exorbitant taxes and fees from the cancellation of the Emirates flight to Dubai and Africa. The points are already back in my ff account. This month has been an exhausting year! Up next in travel hacking with no travel is my long awaited Hyatt card. I'm looking to pull the trigger in July.

If I'm interpreting your numbers correctly, you're saying you've had 8 actual nights spent at Marriott this year and 30 nights from two credit cards? I think you're set. You should get 13 elite nights credit at the end of July for being Gold, which will take you to 51 nights and you'll be Platinum until Feb 2022. That's how the bloggers are interpreting it. DH is in the same position as you but he'll need to stay 7 nights sometime this year to get to Platinum through Feb 2022.

I'll take it! I booked nights for family early in January and February and got a few credits plus my drives and overnights to and from Florida. I'll end up with a few more credits later this year, plus will have 8 free nights between now and December. Too bad I rarely stay anywhere upscale with Marriott - maybe I need to do a downtown hotel once I get platinum!

My understanding is, if you are gold, you will receive 13 added nights. I think I read you will get 15 night credits for each of your credit cards. You can find it under the “loyalty” area Bonvoy Covid-19 FAQ

Thank you. I have 5 Marriott credit cards - but I think they only credit for two. I'll take it. I'm gold because of the Brilliant anyway but also because of nights this year. I was actually expecting to get to platinum by the end of the year, but nice if I make it by end of July.

Dh said because they have been having so many applications. Our date was always tentative I guess
I was thinking you started the process before us so I was surprised you’re pushed out so far. When does your rate lock expire?

I was thinking you started the process before us so I was surprised you’re pushed out so far. When does your rate lock expire?
Dh said the appraisal took a long time to get in because of approving a contact list. He said the rate lock expires in 90 days

So I guess I am finally going to update my Iphone 6. I was walking on some rocks in the middle of a creek and my phone decided to take a swim. Oops. Luckily DH was able to retrieve it out of the water because my case has some CCs and my DL. Will I be sorry if I just go for the new SE? My old one is almost 5 years old, so I don't need the newest and greatest, but I would like to know it will not be obsolete in a few years. Anyone have that one? I would love the 11Pro, but I don't know that I can justify that price.

So I guess I am finally going to update my Iphone 6. I was walking on some rocks in the middle of a creek and my phone decided to take a swim. Oops. Luckily DH was able to retrieve it out of the water because my case has some CCs and my DL. Will I be sorry if I just go for the new SE? My old one is almost 5 years old, so I don't need the newest and greatest, but I would like to know it will not be obsolete in a few years. Anyone have that one? I would love the 11Pro, but I don't know that I can justify that price.
I upgraded from a 6 to an XR around Christmas. I was perfectly happy with my 6, but figured I’d treat myself. It took me a solid month or so to get used to the XR, but man... I love it so much more. In fact, about a month after I bought mine DH decided to upgrade his 6 to an 11. I personally can’t tell the difference between the 11 and my XR, other than his fancy camera. I’ve seen the SE and I now it’s quite a bit less, but now that I’ve had the XR I couldn’t go back.

Treat yourself. You deserve it. If I feel like the latest and greatest I'm going to get it. (So long as it's in my budget.)

wow!!! we'd all be fired if we took that long. we do 45 day locks, we usually close in a little over 30 days. only because appraisals are running a good two weeks out.
We didn't require an appraisal. Is that normal?? I've never refi'ed without an appraisal. We locked on May 27 but then the company messed up our lock so they had to relock us on May 29, at their expense and rates had gone up I think. I'm guessing it's a 30-day lock cause the processor keeps telling me that we have to close and be funded by June 29. I say it's been stressful cause they request stuff all the time! This is like my 5th refi over two houses so I've done this before. These people are just constantly asking for things I've never had to provide and I provided it all back when we began and then they send a note saying due to covid rules, they need such and such again :crazy2:

Question: We want to go to WDW this October. I don't have a reservation yet. Does that mean I'm out of luck for making park reservations on 6/22? Are hotwire and PLE deals still open for making reservations? Swolphin?
I have been so focused on my July reservations that I didn't even realize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter