• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone be willing to help me out with this planning conundrum?

I'm planning a Mother-Daughter trip for DD's 12th birthday. We're arriving at 7 PM Thursday night and departing at 11 AM Sunday morning.

Flights are on Frontier; hoping to trigger an Amex credit with my Aspire card and use a voucher from Frontier. Data points seem all over the map on this, but otherwise, my and DH's $250 airline credits for 2019 are going to expire. I might as well give it a shot.

Park Tickets- only buying 2 tickets to Disney After Dark. The rest of our time will be swimming, shopping, and eating.

Hotel--I have 2 free night certificates and booked Waldorf Astoria. I have points (1,000,000 between DH and myself) to use on the other night. Points are 80,000 per night. I have the $250 resort credit available and DH does as well. I don't think we will be at any other compatible resort to use it next year. I do have about 750,000 UR. Is it better to book using them?

Is it true that I can't uber from MCO? I see that the Waldorf has a shuttle, but it's almost $80 for DD and myself roundtrip. I'm considering staying Thursday night at a WDW value resort and taking ME. Can I take ME for my return trip though? I feel like I've read about it somewhere that you can change the date/time. (I don't see how that would work though.) I don't need to rent a car and pay for parking fees. I'd appreciate any help!

Thank you in advance for any help! <3 I know I've been MIA. Life is crazy busy right now.

Edit: Googled this and came up with 'walk to the Hyatt and get an Uber'.

Since I don't usually Uber, Lyft, DME, or any of those options, I'll ask: Do taxis still exist at MCO? I know I see them sitting outside at Boardwalk. And would that be less expensive than an $80 shuttle? I personally have no idea.

As far as DME, we've changed time, location for pick ups, but never the date. Getting people back to the airport is what I'm usually doing with MDE.

Last edited:
Just an FYI I was able to link my AA reservation to MDE without calling AA. In the confirmation they send out under “room”
There is 13 digit code with a - and another 10 number code. Those last 10 numbers worked in MDE. I only booked for 2 people as that was cheaper so i still need to call Disney to add the kids on

I'm planning a Mother-Daughter trip for DD's 12th birthday. We're arriving at 7 PM Thursday night and departing at 11 AM Sunday morning.

Flights are on Frontier; hoping to trigger an Amex credit with my Aspire card and use a voucher from Frontier. Data points seem all over the map on this, but otherwise, my and DH's $250 airline credits for 2019 are going to expire. I might as well give it a shot.

Park Tickets- only buying 2 tickets to Disney After Dark. The rest of our time will be swimming, shopping, and eating.

Hotel--I have 2 free night certificates and booked Waldorf Astoria. I have points (1,000,000 between DH and myself) to use on the other night. Points are 80,000 per night. I have the $250 resort credit available and DH does as well. I don't think we will be at any other compatible resort to use it next year. I do have about 750,000 UR. Is it better to book using them?

Is it true that I can't uber from MCO? I see that the Waldorf has a shuttle, but it's almost $80 for DD and myself roundtrip. I'm considering staying Thursday night at a WDW value resort and taking ME. Can I take ME for my return trip though? I feel like I've read about it somewhere that you can change the date/time. (I don't see how that would work though.) I don't need to rent a car and pay for parking fees. I'd appreciate any help!

Thank you in advance for any help! <3 I know I've been MIA. Life is crazy busy right now.
This trip sounds so fun!! AFAIK you can Uber from MCO. I’ve never done it just Ubered back. You can do one night at a value to get ME to the resort. I think you’d need to take ME back the following day since your only doing one night. Plus you’d be at the Waldorf anyways so it wouldn’t seem convenient to head to said value from Waldorf back to MCO

Okay that’s good to know. Do you know if we book through chase whether we would call chase or virgin? I’m guessing chase would handle that but I don’t know. Maybe we book with them first and then call virgin?

Yes, if you booked through Chase you would then call Virgin to get seats assigned.

The more cards you have with Chase, the more you will have to lower at some point. Chase only likes to give you about 50% of your income, with a max of about 70-80K if higher income. DH has 10 Chase cards, I have 6 Chase cards. If we want more cards, we have to lower limits on some of them. The cards I don't use as much I lower to $1-$2k. Even if I occasionally use them, that is plenty of limit. I know some people say that Chase automatically ups their limit, but we have had a Chase card or another for 20 years and have never had them do that. When they ask if I want to update my income I do not do that, so I think that is why. @punkin are you going for a new biz card or personal? I keep my biz cards lower because my biz income does not support them giving me huge limits like my personal does. Most of my biz card limits have been about $5k so I don't want to go too high with my total biz limits.
right I meant lowering before applying what I've done is my lesser-used cards like the chase freedom, for example, has the lowest limit when I apply if I get whatever CL and I need more then I move it. I wouldn't lower my credit limit unless I was denied for that reason I have almost a dozen chase cards this is how I've done it If I purposely lowered cl this would decrease my overall utilization no?> I haven't had to do it yet myself.

I always update my income also maybe that's why I never have this issue.

Last edited:

Uber Black can pick up at the airport. We got hit with surge pricing when we had a late arrival and it was $40 one way to a resort on International Drive.

I have ubered from MCO many times, in just normal Uber Xs. I remember I was debating what to do when planning for our wedding Fall 2017, and at the time you could only do Uber blacks from MCO but they changed that around the summertime that year. Maybe you are seeing older info from those times. I've also ubered back many times, no issues.

My dh’s work announced at 2pm yesterday that they’d be closed today. Of course, they have no students this week so that’s much easier to do. Sorry you still have to get out in this.
Oh man, DHs work decided they would open 2 hours late and sent an email saying that.. at 7:08am today :badpc: Not that it mattered for him because he dropped me off at 3am and went to his office. But still, seriously???

Thanks for all the replies....so my goal is to use the TC,and then UR,which I don't mind parting with now- and that means no price adjustments in future (right?) alhto it's possible to cancel by calling chase, gte points back in account,and rebook if desired before cruise (?) I think I've got this right,I'm nervous to book elsewhere and try to transfer...

For the price adjustments I'd ask the Chase travel agent when you go to book it. If you're happy with the price now then anything that's possible later would just be gravy, so I'd see what the TA says for how he/she expects changes to work.

Your worst case scenario is you're locked into the price you were comfortable paying.
Next best is they can do the price adjustment but refund in cash instead of points (so you'd get a 1.5cpp cashout)
Best case would be they can do the price adjustment and reissue the UR points for the difference.
(although some people would flip flop on which is best and next best if you can get the refund)

You should be able to cancel and get a refund, minus any cancellation fees if within a penalty window, the same as any other TA or direct booking. But again, I'd just discuss that with the TA when asking about price changes. I haven't been fortunate enough to actually get a price change before final payment date so I haven't experienced it. Our last cruise dropped a little after final payment and it just wasn't worth calling up Chase travel to try for the maybe $25 in OBC that NCL would have offered.

It'd be worth trying the extension @Jen and Ashwin posted when calling to see if you can get the same TA. She sounds good to work with.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-61254293

Thought some of you might enjoy this entertaining article about business class vs first (first world problems).

Dh did something worse to me several years ago. He took an AC flight in business class and put dd and I on a charter plane that landed around the same. Remember that I am almost 6 feet tall with long legs. I spent the flight practically eating the hair of the girl in the seat in front of me while simultaneously having my legs crammed almost up to my chest (for just over 3 hours). You can bet that situation never happened again!!

I have ubered from MCO many times, in just normal Uber Xs. I remember I was debating what to do when planning for our wedding Fall 2017, and at the time you could only do Uber blacks from MCO but they changed that around the summertime that year. Maybe you are seeing older info from those times. I've also ubered back many times, no issues.
Thank you!!!

I already figured I wouldn’t get the $25 back for the BJs Chase offer because I bought $140 in gc’s plus the earrings for $20 and the charges showed up separately. I checked my CIP account this morning to have a look (again) at the transaction from last Friday, and my statement period ended with the gift card charge having posted but the earrings did not. Thing is, the earrings charge isn’t under pending either like it was last time I checked. I received both items in the mail yesterday (fast!), so this seems weird to me. I imagine the earrings charge will show up again later. Guess I’ll keep checking.

Another thing about the BJs offers...if the offer only works when items are shipped together, how can you know that the offer will work on any order? Unless you order only one thing that is $150 or more, is it possible to know if you’ll get the offer or not? I don’t need many more gift cards right now, so I was hoping to use my offers on just normal household needs.
There really isn't any way to know if it will work online with multiple items totaling $150. The safest option is all in store or online with an item over $150. I think we all took a chance and crossed our fingers that it would work. Some even tried different denominations of DGCs.

I guess Chase is hoping businesses make larger purchases? Or it isn't sophisticated enough yet with it's offers? Maybe it will update some of it's offers like Amex where you can do it in multiple transactions like Best Buy $30 off $300.
My charges of the 3x50 and a $25 are showing separately on my CIP so I don’t hold out hope that they will credit for Chase. Has anyone chatted with them to see if they will consider the two together

My charges of the 3x50 and a $25 are showing separately on my CIP so I don’t hold out hope that they will credit for Chase. Has anyone chatted with them to see if they will consider the two together
Sadly, it probably won't. 😞 Some tried 2, $100s thinking it was safer since they were the same card type that they would ship together while some had the 3x$50 and 1x$25 work. I was fortunate and had all 6 orders ship together, but not 1 tracked with various cash back portals :confused3

You could always attempt another order if you are brave! Or go for the 2, $100. Still 6% off if it doesn't credit. That would have been my next step. I can always use DGCs lol

So I see my Chase offer pending for my two BJs offers. And just got a notification from ebates that I have $77 pending from Saks (mom's Christmas gift). Plus got $18 yesterday for DD's Doc Marten's (only non-painful thing about ordering them!). Used my Amex Happy Card offer to buy two $50 Happy Moments cards for my two direct reports at work. I feel like I'm making progress.

So I see my Chase offer pending for my two BJs offers. And just got a notification from ebates that I have $77 pending from Saks (mom's Christmas gift). Plus got $18 yesterday for DD's Doc Marten's (only non-painful thing about ordering them!). Used my Amex Happy Card offer to buy two $50 Happy Moments cards for my two direct reports at work. I feel like I'm making progress.
All 4 of my Chase offers are showing under the redeemed tab :-)

We’re open tomorrow but I’ve already decided I’m not coming in. I’m taking a mental health day. I’ve stressed enough about this job lately- they can give me a day off.

I just came off of three 64hr weeks so I took this whole week off, then I am looking for 3 weeks off at the end of the year. Its going to be interesting how they deal without me, Just hoping I don't come back to a huge mess. TBH I have been peaking in on emails so is it complete time off? LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter