• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found this difficulty when trying to book family rooms in London as well. Which lead me to the question --- everyone in Europe seems to have way more vacation/holiday time than Americans, so how do they find places to stay with their families?? Do they all just use AirBnB's or B&B's?

In my experience, family vacations for Europeans tend to be to beach resorts if they are staying in Europe. These resorts have plenty of family accommodation. Trips to major cities tend to be weekend getaways, and whilst not as easy as in the US, I have had no problem finding family rooms that accommodate 4 in places like Rome, Berlin, Copenhagen, Amsterdam. Sometimes might not be the absolute prime location, but never more than 15 mins or so on public transport to the main areas.

I am not sure. I’d love to find out. I’ll do more searching as soon as I can!
I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to add the dining plan to a Priceline booking. Depending on your eating habits and the restaurants you choose, you may come out ahead paying out of pocket. You will get DME no matter who you book your Disney resort through.

@SouthFayetteFan - Did you notice on the Chase UR portal- even though they changed the layout, if you scroll down a bit and click on "see all transactions" it will display activity (with the tracker across the top, in my case) the "old" way?
Yeah - it seems that there are multiple ways to see the old version still. I’d imagine that could be phased out. I’ve finally accepted and adjusted to this new dashboard view. Still don’t like it but all I care about is pending points on next stmt lol.

Some of you may recall that my dh travels a lot of business. He just texted me this morning that he was involved in a serious car accident on Saturday. A paralegal talking on his phone, driving in the far right lane (dh was in the far left lane going the same direction) decided to suddenly make a u-turn, cut across 3 lanes and dh drove into him (obviously couldn't avoid him). Dh said his car cut right through the unibody at the wheel well of the other vehicle (2019 Acura small sedan). Thankfully dh seems to be okay, but his car (he's in Toronto) doesn't look great. The road was closed for 4 hours because the paralegal who drove into him was unconscious and apparently there was blood all over his car. I wish dh had told me sooner and maybe by phone. He sent me a video of the scene with the firefighters and police cars everywhere. Thanks for listening -- it's weighing heavily on my mind because it could've been so much worse if dh wasn't driving such a safe, well-made vehicle. Trying to work but finding it hard to concentrate.
I’m glad he’s ok. That’s awful and hard to hear by text. :grouphug:

We got our gcs from BJs and bought our MVMCP tickets for December 12! We’re ready to book the Hilton garden inn by seaworld but I wanted to ask one last time for everyone’s opinion. Should we use 49k Hilton points (21k MRs transferred) and have gold status or book through chase for 14k points with no Hilton honors benefits?

We got our gcs from BJs and bought our MVMCP tickets for December 12! We’re ready to book the Hilton garden inn by seaworld but I wanted to ask one last time for everyone’s opinion. Should we use 49k Hilton points (21k MRs transferred) and have gold status or book through chase for 14k points with no Hilton honors benefits?
Id book through chase. That’s a lot of points otherwise. I’m sure you could get more value out of 21k mr than a free breakfast

Since you are now trying to accumulate MRs, I’d use the much lower chase point cost and grab a breakfast burrito or muffin on the way (says the girl who only drinks coffee for breakfast lol)!!

Maybe already mentioned but I had a new to me Amex offer on my Rose Gold for $5 off $25 at Grub Hub. Guess I'm going back to Chick Fil A!

I bought Chick Fil A through the APP a couple of weeks ago. Does this trigger the Rose Gold dining credit? Because I got a $10 dining credit and that's the only thing I could figure it was. Grub Hub was noted on my card's statement. It was unintentional because I've sort of gotten into a pattern for spending my credit and Chick Fil A was not supposed to be part of it, lol.

I bought Chick Fil A through the APP a couple of weeks ago. Does this trigger the Rose Gold dining credit? Because I got a $10 dining credit and that's the only thing I could figure it was. Grub Hub was noted on my card's statement. It was unintentional because I've sort of gotten into a pattern for spending my credit and Chick Fil A was not supposed to be part of it, lol.

yup! make sure u add the +1 AO and and go through ebates for another +1.

Through the Chick Fil A app--I'm not sure. That's interesting. Need to investigate:)

I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to add the dining plan to a Priceline booking. Depending on your eating habits and the restaurants you choose, you may come out ahead paying out of pocket. You will get DME no matter who you book your Disney resort through.

Thanks. Problem solved-booked the Waldorf Astoria with HHonors certificates and points. Next step-figure our how to max Aspire rewards (2 players). So excited to make this happen for DD!

Update on my travel agent saga, all of my ADR's are now in. But there are still two one night reservations at Boardwalk in our MDE that aren't ours. We have a seven night at POP, a 5 night at POP and a 4 night at POR. My wife, her sister and the travel agent are all supposed to be on a call tonight to get all the last minute things ironed out. Also, is OLCI only available at Mods and Deluxes? We can't check in to either of our POP reservations but can the POR and the Boardwalk.

I booked a Hilton through chase and called ahead of time to have my Hilton number linked. I obviously got no points but the acknowledged my status and got free breakfast. Obviously ymmv but worth a shot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter