I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with @palhockeymomof2 that we aren't openly posting this on the thread here. It's a somewhat complicated loophole that we probably don't want out in the open. I just posted a mini guide on DISchurners here:

I tried my best to type some instructions but it's a hard concept to put into words. I sort of stumbled on it one night due to my knowledge of the intricacies of the Southwest booking system. I'm not sure if any others figured it out on their own or elsewhere or if they just heard me mention it.
Thank you, so nice and much appreciated!

Also my plan for today's downtime at work was to work on my resume
I need to do this. Work is just...crap.
My mom left 2 dogs at the vet a few years ago for boarding and came back to only 1! They didn't tell her until she picked up. Maybe that was for the best, because there is nothing you can do while you are on vacation but be extremely sad. They said it happened overnight, that she just was gone (not missing gone) when they came in that morning. I feel there is more to the story than that, but my mom didn't pursue further. The dog was older, but had no issues prior. Both of those dogs are now gone, but she has another that she gets nervous leaving now and he is young still. I have a friend whose little dog was attacked by a big dog while at a boarding facility and didn't make it. It was heartbreaking. Now that I depressed everyone......... Back to CC news.
So sorry. 😢While it’s unusual it might be true. My moms neighbor had the mellowest lab mix, maybe 7 or 8 years old. A month or so, the neighbors got up in the morning and poor Zed didn’t wake up. I had seen him the day before and he was his usual friendly self. He had gotten a clean bill of health at a vet check the week before.
LOL- I always revert to my prior life, misspell the name and make him an internal organ...he'd definitely be the Patron Saint of Alcoholics though...
My first thought too. Work is all about St Pancreas lately, the average age in our ICU today is less than 50 years.
Any downside to putting this free Beagle 2.0 thing from Amex in my checked luggage and using the app to be the laziest person at the luggage carousel? Pretty much the only downside I see is it's rather limited range...
I put it on DSs backpack. Can’t even find him when it’s in the living room. Lol

You're welcome - it's most certainly early through mid December. What dates are the flights you're trying to mess with?

I would like to try and take advantage of this! I need to book a trip on December 26. So do I just try and book something on like the 14th and then just modify/change it to the date I want on the 26th? Do I need to book each person separately to change it? And if I have a 10 year old how does that work? I also just booked a SW flight home from Hawaii on January 6th I am guessing that is outside of the window for change right now? I never fly SW so it's all a little confusing to me right now!

Aww. I feel you. We have a 15 or 16 yo dog (not sure because she was adopted as an adult dog, but we’ve had her 14 years.) I booked a short trip in September but then found out my sister is having floors refinished and staying at a hotel and my mom is watching one of her dogs. So that takes out our 2 dog sitters. I ended up canceling the trip because our dog is old and crotchety with an immune disease, and she gets picky about eating sometimes. I make food for her or coax her to eat but I doubt they’d do that almost anywhere I would board her. (Our other dog is a puppy and would be happy to stay and play with new people)

I feel the pain of everyone with elderly animals. We had a cat once who was diabetic and required twice daily insulin injections. Luckily he didn't mind the shots so it was pretty easy but it does make finding a pet sitter a little more challenging. I'm lucky one of my really good friends house sits for us and takes care of all the animals. Our 2 dogs and cat that we have now are fairly young but when we had our golden mix we knew when we were getting to the point of running out of time with her. I was afraid that something would happen while we were gone and I didn't want to put my friend in the position of having to deal with that. Luckily she passed peacefully when it was her time but it does put you in a hard position deciding when to leave them, no matter who you are leaving them with.

Heh.

Did you see Marriott’s Chief Marketing Officer is resigning?

https://viewfromthewing.com/2019/09/04/the-executive-who-brought-us-bonvoy-is-out-at-marriott/
“Bonfire” :rotfl2:

"Pursue other opportunities" - AKA resign before we fire you in the corporate world. We've had a few of these at my work lately, giant project goes sideways and what do you know, the lead on the project is suddenly pursuing other opportunities.

I’m pretty sure they say the life vests are mandatory during the dolphin swim so there is no issue with people diving and getting injured. I’m under the impression that is more of a floating and watching time.
It might mean the little inflatable snorkel vest vs. life jacket. Obviously, a life jacket will hold a little one up more securely. When you go in by the dolphins, you basically slide of the boat so as not to disturb the sleeping dolphins. No flippers. You just float on the surface over the dolphins.

Reports on DLR side of the boards of people being able to change from lax to sna with this wn thing. Don't think we have anyone flying to dlr right now over Dec but just throwing it out there, they talk about calling in so idk if you can do it online.
Sounds like SW is trying to spread the rebooked flights out. Like with BWI, IAD, DCA...I wonder if it is happening in the New England area also.

No. The retention offer is usually points or a statement credit, sometimes with a spending requirement, that’s meant to help offset the pain of paying the AF. You also agree to keep the card open another year or you risk a clawback of the points and/or ending up on Amex’s naughty list.
or my lovely retention offer where I could give them 55k MRs to pay the AF :)

Some people are selfish fools.

I think it might be because they are “employees” not AU. So you have to be 18 to be an employee but 13 (I think) to be an AU.

I’m confused with all the abbreviations. Is “USF” Universal Studios Orlando? I thought there was USO and USH? And how is SW “WN.” Is it an airline code?

I’m tired today. For a 4 day week, this one is kicking my butt.
yes, my bad. USO.

We have been planning on Kauai for Christmas this year and I was really hoping Southwest was going to fly there, but they don't start until mid-January so I started doing some research today and found 5 flights from LAX to LIH on December 27 through the British Airways website flying on American for 12,500 one way! A quick transfer from our CSR and they are booked. Now I'm working on using the Southwest trick to get us some cheap flights to LAX. For the way home we are going to fly to Oahu and stay at Aulani for 2 nights (I rented points using someone from disboards) before flying Southwest home. Thanks to everyone here for helping me figure out how to use these miles I am accumulating to plan amazing family vacations!

I got it to work by booking dates 12/3 and 12/17. My new date was 11/27 (earliest) and 12/31 (latest). It would not let me book 1/3 without an adjustment in the pricing.
I’m also trying to get 1/3. I booked outbound 12/17 return 12/25. Switched outbound to 12/26 no problem. So as of now I’m returning a day before I’m flying down 😂

I would like to try and take advantage of this! I need to book a trip on December 26. So do I just try and book something on like the 14th and then just modify/change it to the date I want on the 26th? Do I need to book each person separately to change it? And if I have a 10 year old how does that work? I also just booked a SW flight home from Hawaii on January 6th I am guessing that is outside of the window for change right now? I never fly SW so it's all a little confusing to me right now!
Sent you a PM.

So you’re right that the Barclays AA Aviator Biz is an option. The SUB is currently “up to” 60k AA, broken down as 50k AA when you spend $1k MSR In 90 days and another 10k AA after a single purchase on an employee card. Activating the employee card can be tricky. There’s a $95 AF that’s not waived. This SUB is down from a higher offer of up to 75k AA earlier this summer.

The catch with the Aviator Biz (and other Barclays co-branded biz cards) is Barclays has frozen a few DISchurners’ cards after approval, with their cards in hand, and requested documentation about their business (incorporation docs, business licenses, EINs, tax returns, etc.). There’s doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for this and it’s highly YMMV. Most folks who applied for a Barclays biz card over the summer (JetBlue, AA, Hawaiian) met their MSR and got their SUB without any problems, but a few got hit with these card freezes and requests for documentation. If this happens, it’s unlikely you’ll pass review if you only have a “business” and you’ll end up just asking them to close the card and refund your AF.

However, since this is a biz card, the damage is minimal. It will never have showed up on your personal credit report, your credit report will show only a hard inquiry as the only sign you went for this card, and you’ll have wasted <$1k in spend on the MSR. The upside of taking a risk on this card is another 60k AA (although not as good as the 75k AA offer earlier this summer).

As for the GrAAvy train, the new batch of mailers now include time restrictive language for the SUB, but I think DPs are still developing whether this will have any effect (whether the language will be enforced automatically). You could risk applying via a public link, which includes the time restrictive language, but it’s still YMMV that you might get the SUB despite the restriction. You need to read @SouthFayetteFan’s writeups on the state of the GrAAvy train to understand these changes and evaluate your risks.
Ahhhh good to know (weird, but good!) that Barclay's is.... weird.

Yes, I've been looking at GrAAvy train info and just trying to think what I might do if I'm unable to get another one of THOSE any time soon. It's not going to kill me to not get additional AA miles beyond what I EXPECT to get from the Citi Biz... but if that avenue was closed and I had another option that I could easily do, I'd look into it.

At any rate, I have some time, Citi-Wise, so in the meantime I'll keep on eye on the DPs regarding the Citi AA stuff. I suppose I can always have my husband apply for the Citi although I understand we cannot combine miles on those, which is inconvenient but not insurmountable.

Thank you!

I’m also trying to get 1/3. I booked outbound 12/17 return 12/25. Switched outbound to 12/26 no problem. So as of now I’m returning a day before I’m flying down 😂
1/3 had been the cheapest flight when I booked back in June so 12/31 actually worked well for us plus DS will still be my CP so one final free flight until DH can earn CP for 20-21.

I absolutely hate getting my pictures done. Had our Passport Photos done at Costco. Was informed that my ears had to be showing (found out later this is false). So, I had to put my hair behind my ears. Lovely photo... Feel like an elf.

They made me do the same thing! He also told me that I couldn't smile. It definitely looks like a mugshot.

1/3 had been the cheapest flight when I booked back in June so 12/31 actually worked well for us plus DS will still be my CP so one final free flight until DH can earn CP for 20-21.
Awesome! Sounds like it worked out well for you then 😊. We were planning on driving.... when the flights released they were crazy expensive. I have to by 6 plus one CP. so I’m hoping I can get this deal to work out. I was able to get it to work for our October trip 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter