I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this

<blockquote class="reddit-card" data-card-created="1561035313"><a href=" ">Southwest Rapid® Rewards Performance Business Card</a> from <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/churning">r/churning</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//embed.redditmedia.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

ugh the formatting is not good---how are you guys embedding things?

Wawa people, my drink purchased inside coded as gas (in DE). I will try a gc after July 1.

@miztressuz Are there signs about cash/debit for gc purchases at your locations? I didn't see at this particular one.
@mefordis
Sweet! They had them posted by the registers when it first changed so it was easy to notice then. Especially since they changed the policy twice in a short period of time. First you couldn't buy them with a card overnight and then a short time later it changed to you just can't buy them at all.
I think there's one one the GC rack now but I don't often walk past that so I don't know for sure. I'll have to stop in and reconnoiter. But it's seeming like maybe this is a regional thing since your store purchase actually coded as gas.

So you can’t get QS? I guess because you can walk to the MK they are strict. But also Big River Grill at the BW doesn’t take ADRs so what if you wanted to eat there?
During high attendance times, they could decline you. I've been hearing more of it especially after the new paid resort parking enforcement.

It only happened to me once but it's entirely possible to get questioned and refused entry. BW can be tough from what I've read. I would stick with Yacht and BC entry.
We’ve definitely been reading similar reports! I guess being in walking distance of two parks does’t help the situation.

I have never tried to get into the Contemporary without out a reservation so this is good to know.....I also think it helps that DH and I are a bit older......one guard gave my 31 year old son the third degree even with his name on the BWV reservation
UGH ageism. Happens to me all the time and I hate it!

Just saw this

<blockquote class="reddit-card" data-card-created="1561035313"><a href=" ">Southwest Rapid® Rewards Performance Business Card</a> from <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/churning">r/churning</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//embed.redditmedia.com/widgets/platform.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

ugh the formatting is not good---how are you guys embedding things?
It does it automatically now when you post a regular link. Just paste the link like normal.

That seems like an interesting card, actually, I'm shocked SW actually did it.

Car rentals are strict with the name on the card must match the driver. You would need to be an additional driver to use your card from what I understand.
Thanks for the info. I get so spoiled with Costco's free second driver. Kodiak, Alaska doesn't have any participating locations. Imagine that!

My plan was to PC dh's CSR to a CF this week before his AF is due and keep mine when it comes due in September. Guess I could always PAY for an additional driver.....OR cave to my FOMO on the AMEX Rose Gold and let him keep the CSR. I don't have any MR's yet and I am at 4/24 so that would put a crimp in my CIP plans. What to do, what to do? (Okay, I KNOW what to do, but I REALLY want that pretty shiny pink card!)

The things that get me are door handles. You can't avoid them. They are everywhere. How do you all rationalize these? People touch them all the time and there is no hand sanitizer next to most of them for people to use. I just grab and open and try to have a place to wash up before eating. But, like most people, I constantly touch at my face, wipe at my eyes, have a ticklish nose, on and on.

Yes, I agree, they are are horrible!

If its a push vs pull situation, I will use my foot. Getting in to work there is no way for me to avoid it (or elevator buttons), but I wash my hands before I even get to my desk because I can’t start my day touching my laptop, phone, etc with dirty hands. I also have wipes and hand sanitizer on my desk, in my drawer, in my bag, in my car… etc

I really make an effort not to touch my face at all (I also have pretty sensitive skin). If I absolutely have to, I will use a tissue or something as a “barrier.”

RE: new SW Performance Biz card. Here's the offer and MSR, which is what I figured for such a hefty sign up. What's interesting is the eligibility -

Earn 80,000 Points: This new Cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new Cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months. To qualify for your bonus points, you must make Purchases totaling $5,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening.

Note that it says "this business card" and not any like the personals state. That's promising. And it's a reasonable AF at $199. Only $50 more than the Priority but with much more stuff.

ETA: Totally forgot the link to the card page -
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/NAEPBizW

Plastiq HELOC towards my AA MSR was a success! Here's my complete process:
  • 6/8 - $500 Payment Initiated to HELOC (paid $12.50 fee @ 2.5%) - Payment to arrive by 6/18
  • 6/8 - Setup auto-transfer of HELOC to checking for 6/13 (extra cushion in case payment arrived early)
  • 6/13 - $500 transfer occurs
  • 6/14 - Plastiq email says payment was sent
  • 6/18 - Plastiq email says bank cashed my check
  • 6/19 - Payment posts with my bank
  • 6/19 - I made payment of $0.32 for the interest ($0.08 per day for 4 days)
  • So in total I paid $12.82 to meet $500 of my MSR. Not a bad deal at all!
  • AND I'll save money on the next payment since I did the 2 player Plastiq referral and my wife now has $500 FFDs and I have $1,000 FFDs :D
  • To cap it all off, I'll pay the credit card bill from the account where the money was deposited.
Since my bank is my employer and is a fairly large regional bank I will not be cutting it too close with my transfer and payment. I know @bernina actually had a check show up before making the advance. My concern is that if this occurred it could be flagged as something odd and I don't want to get my HELOC shutdown or have my employer ask questions on what I'm doing. Even if I did the full $5,000 and it sat there for a week I'd only pay $5 in interest :D

EDIT: If you're trying to figure out your potential interest exposure do this:
1) Take your interest rate (let's say 6%)
2) Divide that by 365 (so 0.06 / 365 = 0.000164)
3) Multiply that number by the amount you're processing (let's say $1,000)
4) Multiply that number by the number of days you think the balance will sit there (let's say 5)
5) So in summary = 0.000164 x $1,000 = $0.16 per day x 5 days = $0.80
With a 6% Interest Rate it costs you $0.16 per day in interest for $1,000 and so 5 days would cost $0.80
Basically what I'm saying is the interest cost is inconsequential here so don't cut it too close!
Thanks for the detailed analysis on this. We recently got a HELOC to have just in case in preparation for some home remodeling. I figure the future couch MS possibilities are an extra side benefit!

Dh is sitting outside with his phone because we have terrible service here and his phone is acting as a hotspot lol. He's thinking we actually go to Disney today, but idk what we'll end up deciding. I'm not sure I want to go on another car trip right now, but it's really not that far. One of our cats has become completely comfortable with the house. She's been exploring and meowing up a storm. The other one is hiding under a blanket in the bedroom we put them in last night.

In cc news, I called and got my CIP expedited. I'm hoping it comes before the weekend.

It does it automatically now when you post a regular link. Just paste the link like normal.

That seems like an interesting card, actually, I'm shocked SW actually did it.

I think it looks interesting too....DH will be going for a SW business card soon....

Did I miss what the MSR is for the 80kRR points and $199 fee ?

Sorry, I went to bed! Sounds like maybe some tendonitis of the peroneals. Have you been increasing your mileage or something else that might have changed your gait? Time for new running shoes? Find a good PT :crutches:
I'm off to golf in the crappy Chicagoland weather.

Nope, nothing new or weird and I rotate my shoes each week so none have too many miles. Pain never came back last night so we'll see how today goes and I'll read about it later. Thanks!

Any Plastiq experts out there? I am trying to meet 15k threshold for a free weekend night from Hilton. Hilton AmEx is 6ppd at grocery stores so I would like to pay my mortgage via Plastiq using MC gift cards from the grocery store. In order to do this I would need 5X $500 MC gift cards, but per Plasiq you can only use one payment source per bill?

RE: new SW Performance Biz card. Here's the offer and MSR, which is what I figured for such a hefty sign up. What's interesting is the eligibility -

Earn 80,000 Points: This new Cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new Cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months. To qualify for your bonus points, you must make Purchases totaling $5,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening.

Note that it says "this business card" and not any like the personals state. That's promising. And it's a reasonable AF at $199. Only $50 more than the Priority but with much more stuff.

ETA: Totally forgot the link to the card page -
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/NAEPBizW

Thanks for posting...think I am going to stay with my plan and refer DH to the premiere business card for the 10k support RRs and 60K RR points ....only a $3k MSR and $99 fee for 70k RR points

Sorry about the service! That is crazy and something that I would have honestly never thought about when moving. Are you considering other carriers?

What better way to start your first day as a Floridian than Disney?! Sounds like fun to me :)

Glad to hear at least 1 cat is already acclimated and your CIP2 is coming!
We have T-Mobile and it's just awful here. I'm wondering if it's because this is a newer town that's still being developed so they don't have a lot of towers yet. We're considering switching to AT&T, Verizon, or Cricket. I have experience with AT&T and they're not my favorite, no experience with the other two.

Haha I guess we'll see what we decide. It would be nice to have our passes activated and not have to worry about it anymore. The internet guy is supposed to come tomorrow so it would be better to go today to Disney. Now I'm convincing myself lol.

Just had to comment on your generosity to family! I love it! A few days ago, I was reading one of those 'what to charge my family' posts somewhere on the disboards after plans were already made. They drive me nuts - if you need money, figure it out before you invite someone.
So I don't necessarily deserve this compliment - my dad is reimbursing me for their travel costs... But that's just how we operate. We've been doing lots of joint trips for 5 years and we just figure out how we want to split costs openly. It's different for every trip based on how we want to do it, lol!

Thanks for posting...think I am going to stay with my plan and refer DH to the premiere business card for the 10k support RRs and 60K RR points ....only a $3k MSR and $99 fee for 70k RR points
Hopefully this will be added to the "refer to all SW card" program though... I mean they advertise this on the referral page:
NEW! Now choose any participating Southwest Rapid Rewards (Registered Trademark) Credit Card.

So hopefully they'll add this one so you could actually get 90k out of one signup!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter