I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol - you don't have to ask me. This thread is of the DISchurners. by the DISchurners, for the DISchurners!!! But I think it's always cool to throw a little BOLD headline out there to draw attention to it:

@speedyfishy has an AWESOME fun exercise idea. Hot on the heels of the TREMENDOUS success of Marriott's new "Bonvoyed" initiative, Disney has decided to create it's own Loyalty & Status Program and it's YOUR job to help design it. I guess we'll limit this to American Parks to keep it (slightly) simple or you can just focus on WDW if that's easier. What would Silver, Gold & Platinum look like? How many nights would you have to stay to reach that level? Feel free to be as detailed as you like.

Mine will be WDW only just for simplicity, lol!

CREDITS -
  • Value Resorts = earn 1 credit per night
  • Moderate Resorts = earn 2 credits per night
  • Deluxe & Villas Resorts = earn 3 credits per night
  • DVC rental nights unfortunately would not qualify - these are direct with Disney rooms only (making this realistic)
SILVER - Earn 24 credits during any calendar year and earn Silver status for the remainder of that year and all of the next year:
  • 1 Additional pre-booked FP per person in your room for each 3 nights of your stay (i.e. a 6 or 7 night stay would get 2 additional per person)
  • Earn LIFETIME silver status by earning 250 lifetime credits OR by earning silver status in 7 consecutive years
GOLD - Earn 40 credits during any calendar year and earn Gold status for the remainder of that year and all of the next year:
  • 1 Additional pre-booked FP per person in your room for each 2 night of your stay (i.e. a 4 or 5 night stay would get 2 additional per person)
  • FREE refillable mug
  • Book Dining Reservations at 200 days out
  • 1 Free Tour (up to a maximum TBD $ value) for up to 6 guests
  • Earn LIFETIME gold status by earning 500 lifetime credits OR by earning gold status in 7 consecutive years
PLATINUM - Earn 60 credits during any calendar year and earn Platinum status for the remainder of that year and all of the next year:
  • 1 Additional pre-booked FP per person in your room for each nights of your stay (i.e. a 4 night stay would get 4 additional per person)
  • FREE refillable mug
  • Book Dining Reservations at 200 days out
  • Book FP Reservations at 90 days
  • 1 Free Tour (up to a maximum TBD $ value) for up to 6 guests
  • 1 Free Dessert party of your choice for up to 6 guests
  • Earn LIFETIME platinum status by earning 750 lifetime credits OR by earning Platinum status in 10 consecutive years

Oohhhh I like your idea better.

Where did you get the cool country buttons? I like them!

They’re an option with the move to the new board. If you hit the smiley icon at the top of the post edit options and keep scrolling all the way to the bottom of the emoticons you’ll see them. You can also quickly find a specific country by typing it in the emoticon search box.

Last edited:
Just finally caught up after a crazyyyyy day at work and not getting to read here all day! You guys were busy all day.

DH's Hilton Biz hasn't shown up yet. Hoping it's here soon. I also have still never gotten a letter from Citi about my match request. The response to this chat request sounded vaguely optimistic. I don't know what it means that I still haven't gotten a letter about it.

DH's Citi AA Biz 2 statement closes today. How soon after can I expect to see miles?

Hopefully this is a fun one for the churners.

What’s your record for credit card applications in a single month (you can use calendar month or 30 days, doesn’t matter)?

How many players (P1, P2, etc)?

How many were you approved for?

4 cards in July of 2018 - BOA Amtrak, Chase Freedom, Chase Marriott Biz, and Amex SPG Biz - approved for all 4.

We’ve now decided to skip the DR for Christmas and just go to FL for almost 2 1/2 weeks instead. So far, all I have booked are flights. Since our CP expires 12/31, I had to purchase DS a ticket (on points) for the first time in 4 years since we decided to come home on 1/3. Oh well, it was only 7500 points so not bad. Now to figure out what we doing.

Approved for Platicorn!!! Best part is I hit the button after approval to get the card number and got an error message that said systems were not responding right now and will award a $60 statement credit.....so already got that Annual Fee down!
I got the same thing last week on a new BCP. I did a screenshot incase it didn't show but it did 7 day later. Congrats! Now you can go in and probably still get the card number. Mine was in there about an hour after the approval.

I received an email from Amex offering me 5k rewards on my Platinum card for each AU I add that spends $500 or more (you can add the fee free Gold card). Up to 20k points (4 AUs).

I read on Reddit that you can request the card but not provide a SSN at the time of the request. You can then quickly make the $500 spend before they request the SSN be added and then cancel the AU card. Has anyone done this before and do you think Amex would view it negatively?

So, I wanted to get the Rose Gold Amex last time, but it didn't work out, so this time I jumped on it for dh, We were approved!!! Tried to get card number but the system was down, so got a $60 credit... cool!
I needed more MR points... I hope this was the right thing to do, I think it was!!

Attachments

• amexgold.PNG
    amexgold.PNG
    197.7 KB · Views: 5
Woot! My dh accepted the job offer!! Still so shocked this is finally happening!

In cc news, I’m so bored without a MSR to work on. It’s been over a month without one. Sad.
Congrats, that's fantastic news!! Can't wait to hear about the places you will consider moving to in a couple years. I'm still hoping to move to FL some day.

Thanks! My aunt is desperately trying to talk us into FL, even though she lives in TX lol.

I got the same thing last week on a new BCP. I did a screenshot incase it didn't show but it did 7 day later. Congrats! Now you can go in and probably still get the card number. Mine was in there about an hour after the approval.

Awesome!!!! Would not have thought to go back and check. Also definitely took a screen shot....since I thought too good to be true.

That sounds plausible, it vaguely sounds familiar so that might have been what I was reading. At the time I had no plans for an AA flight so I didn't have a scenario to work with and I guess it just went in one ear and out the other. Now I have a flight but I booked First so as to not chance it, so again, don't have anything to play around with. But at the very least I can bookmark this for later! Thanks for the insight :)

So I spent a while on this yesterday trying to figure it out myself. I think when booking there is an option to use it but afterwards you can login to you AA account and click on an upcoming trip. After scroll to the bottom and there is an option to upgrade your trip. It tells you how many 500 mile upgrades you need (anything over 500 rounds up so 650 miles you would need 2). I only have an itin for 3 people so on mine it says to contact American to apply it. I think if it is only 1 person you can just click on it though. Finally from my reading yesterday it still seemed like it is based on status for priority on who gets the upgrade. Hope that helps.

@Killer Fish, thanks! I did not see any upgrade option when I looked at the resssie today in DH's account, so maybe that means First Class is full as of now. But good to know there is sometimes the option to use the 500-mile upgrades online. Since our flight isn't until September, I will keep checking back periodically to see if upgrading becomes an option. Otherwise, I will just hope for good karma on check in, as happened before. And what you are saying about each 500 miles on the flight route requiring a use of a 500-mile upgrade makes total sense. That is consistent with what I experienced last time. I realized that on my flight from BOI to PHX, I wasn't actually upgraded, but instead of my crappy middle seat, I was offered the option of picking a seat in the exit row for no extra charge. I assume this was because of my Platinum status at the time. It was the leg from PXH to MIA where I was automatically upgraded to First Class on checkin. I haven't double checked mileage for that leg, but seems plausible that it was greater than 500 miles but equal to or less than 1000 miles, so it used two of my 500-mile upgrades. I still think it is interesting that AA did it automatically without asking if I actually wanted to use the upgrades. I would definitely have used them, but it seems odd not to have been given the choice.

No links, I would go for it for both of you TBH. At 1/24 you've got a lot of slots to play with and this Barclay bonus is easy to redeem if you have any travel planned in the next year. Barclays is hard to get if:
-you are 6/24
-have previously had and closed Barclays cards
-currently have a couple Barclays cards
Since none of that applies to you I don't see you really running into issues. Nothing is for sure so you might take a hard hit for nothing but Barclays isn't the total crapshoot Capital One is.

Well, I just applied for myself and was instantly approved! Now to decide whether to apply for DH?? My biggest concern is meeting the MSR since I also just got the CIP and I'm working on that one too. I do have our auto insurance coming up which is quite a chunk of change for our 5 drivers / 5 cars! Decisions, decisions!

I saw a post on Reddit that Stop & Shop "definitely does not" report L3 data to Amex about four months ago:

I am going to throw a $25 Disney gift card in my next order just as a test to see what pops up under my statement activity for future reference.
Stop and Shop doesn't report L3 data. I have been using the card very frequently there when they are running the gas promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter