I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The damns are interesting but I can't imagine a longer tour. I've been to 2 or 3 because when you vacation in eastern WA and I near the columbia that's what there is to do. Haven't been to one since jr high though. I'd like to see hoover because it's so big.
By longer it was an hour vs 30 min. I know DH would like to go up to that area with his dad and brother to see that kind of stuff, I said have fun on your boys trip :rotfl:

I somehow missed ( or forgot :flower3:) that you got shutdown too...does bluebird work at FD and DG? I ended up getting another Serve card in DH's name.

Haha, even I missed that I got shutdown lol! I didn't realize it for a week!

For bluebird, the free reloads are at WM but not FD or DG (costs up to $3.95 at those spots). It has no monthly fee. Since I only have WM around me, I decided to give BB another try (I last had one in 2014). I'm thinking of getting one in DH's name too...

Off topic but I just decided I could not miss the chance to see SWGE while it was still reservation only so I pulled the trigger on a one night DLH hotel stay for this Friday night and talked a friend into driving out with me (from Phoenix). It'll be $$$$ but what better chance to put it on my shiny new CIP, right????

We'll be late arrival Friday night and then have most of Saturday in the park and then drive back that night but we just couldn't stay away, even at the ridiculous hotel prices.
No!!! Im trying to get my self out of the mindset that i need to see it now! reading this does not help! But DH just got approved for his new CIP maybe the trip can help the spend i need to make. lol going to go look at flights now.

scratch that I was looking at the wrong date....sorry I can't delete.... (crazy me)

Anyone ever fly Sun Country Air? They have round trip nonstop flights for 4 people PVD to PUJ in March for 101k UR's with my CSR. Cheapest flight I have found yet, short of SW since they wont release like everyone else. Even checking on SW flights Sat to Wed, looks like they will be around 20k pp per leg AND have about $450 in fees. Talk me out of booking this on Sun Country through the UR portal.
I haven't flown Sun Country but have done the SW flight several times from BWI. It was 25,116 points and $114.93 for our Aug trip. Christmas will be higher.

Anyone ever fly Sun Country Air? They have round trip nonstop flights for 4 people PVD to PUJ in March for 101k UR's with my CSR. Cheapest flight I have found yet, short of SW since they wont release like everyone else. Even checking on SW flights Sat to Wed, looks like they will be around 20k pp per leg AND have about $450 in fees. Talk me out of booking this on Sun Country through the UR portal.

They aren't worth the savings imo unless you are ok with potentially paying your own way home if your flight gets cancelled and they won't help. Google them and read the reviews. I'm sure when they work as they are supposed to it's fine but when you type them into google one of the top options is contract of carriage and it's not for othet airlines. I think that's also telling since people are obviously looking it up.

I hope you'll share information about your trip once you're back :) Do you have a trip report anywhere for prior trip(s) to Africa?

Africa or Galapagos in 2021 :scratchin

No trip report, sorry! My DH and I went to Zambia and Zimbabwe in 2001, so it was a while ago now, lol. (My BIL organized a family trip around the total solar eclipse that year.) Way before these boards and TRs. But we absolutely loved it. I have been lucky enough to have been to many many international destinations, and Africa is still my all-time favorite.

Thanks! These idea actually help a lot. Most of these places I've never even heard of. I grew up in Ohio and never went west of Chicago until I got my first job and only then I flew to San Antonio and San Jose/San Francisco. So I really have zero concept of anything "out west."
I used Tripadvisor to plan it all out by route. lots of help there! And my DH had no interest in an RV so we just rented a car and stayed along the way.

Is this the Grand Canyon or the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone? I love road trips but GC to Yellowstone is a 2 day drive in itself. Unless you are going to stop by the NPs in Utah - Zion/Bryce, not sure I would drive. You could do a month in Yellowstone and still have things to do. I was there for 5 days and hit my high spots but really needed at least one more day.

Have you driven an RV before? I have the dream of RVing but really don't think I would be able to drive those things. If you do go to Mount Rushmore, there are many, many winding, curvy mountain roads. You have to be comfortable driving in those conditions with a larger vehicle. It can be difficult to get to all the top spots with a larger vehicle.

This sounds amazing. I haven't even started real planning yet. I am so far behind. How many days would you think are good for DV? I was only thinking 2.
I think 2 would be nice...there's a lot to see that we didn't have time for... but we got to see those salt flats,and watch the sunrise,and play light sabers on the sand dunes like Luke Skywalker lol

I haven’t been watching the news and am out of the loop. What strange deaths have been happening?
I watch news about once a week(I can't take much more) and last night they reported on three different sets of healthy people dying at resorts, for no apparent reason. One couple was in Fiji,I think the others in the DR(?) very strange.

[
I'm realizing now what a fluke it was. In March, the night before our cruise, I was just scrolling through FB trying to get to sleep, and low and behold this post comes up about a pricing error on rooms at Bellagio for all of Nov. So I thought, what the heck. Got on and sure enough, $50/night. So I booked it

That is really cool.. wish we go that deal :) ... we are going to Vegas in December and prices are still really high. I have 4 children too, but way older than yours, We are celebrating 25 years next year, we are going on a cruise to Alaska. But our 10th anniversary we got to go to Hawaii.... Have fun!!

Paypal/Venmo after MSR is fine. I play the Gift Card and Reseller Arbitration game right now and have been paypaling a few thousand a month with my BBP as well as my friend. Venmo seems to no longer accept Amex cards so my CFU is connected to that after the CIP died with it.
DP on guy financial review for sending to family members is the problem. I had a friend who did exactly that on Venmo and got all his Venmo accounts shut down because of it. DO NOT send big amounts of money to your family.

Not sure who asked, just adding my comments. :]

@PolyRob, I agree that the Amex/PayPal/Venmo problems seem to stem from making P2P payments to people who share the same surname or address as you. Amex's presumption is you're transferring money to family or trusted individuals who will then transfer the money back to you, effectively MSing or seeking cash advances. I've done small <$100 P2P payments using Amex on PayPal/Venmo to friends, other parents and the PTO at my kiddo's schools without issue.

For all those that missed the Rose Gold AmEx limited edition window, rumor that they'll open another window with the new update to it (the Restaurants going worldwide). Chuck from DoC posted this news from a chat a reader had with AmEx. Which normally you wouldn't want to put stock in but they gave dates and said starting 6/6 which is when the change goes into effect so that's plausible. (Or a bored chat rep coming up with a believable story)

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...n-in-limited-edition-rose-gold-from-6-6-7-17/
Take what you will from it.

I wonder if I'd have a shot at getting this card if this is true after being denied before. The BBP pre-approval that popped up for me recently makes me think Amex hates me a little less.

Why is an Amex rep telling me I have no Bonvoy Brilliant 100,000 point upgrade offer attached to my account...after a rep already confirmed I had until June 8th to meet the spend?! 🤷‍♀️ #bonvoyed (again)

Are you using chat or did you call in? I swear the people on chat have no idea what they're talking about.

I wonder if I'd have a shot at getting this card if this is true after being denied before. The BBP pre-approval that popped up for me recently makes me think Amex hates me a little less.

Are you using chat or did you call in? I swear the people on chat have no idea what they're talking about.
chat, and two more people on chat have said I dont have the offer. I'm calling now, thanks

Anyone booking AP rates at WDW: just stumbled on this today and idk if y'all are aware... the AP discount watch thread has identified pricing games with weekends. Over the last month they've found some days weekends are being give the AP discount, some days they aren't (ie Jun 22 is rack rate today and then it shows a discount AP rate tomorrow). They thought it was an inventory issue but it's been going on too long and it's across all resorts. More info here.

Unless I'm not comprehending things correctly (entirely possible!), it looks like I could transfer MRs to Virgin Atlantic and then book Hawaiian Air west coast to Hawaii for 80,000 roundtrip in first. Then I'd just have to figure out flights from BOS to the west coast. Thoughts on that?
Thank you for this, as I am hoping to go to Hawaii for 2021 and never fly anything but southwest. I could do BOS to HNL, but I was thinking I might be better off flying into CA (not sure where exactly) then going to HNL. I def want to do first or business. I'll also have a 6 year old with me so I'm nervous about all the hours on a plane coming from the east coast.

I've never done a MR/UR > VS > HA redemption because we're still sitting on a sizable stash of HawaiianMiles, and Hawaiian's award chart is pretty favorable to economy flights from the West Coast. I'm not sure how much partner availability there is, but MR/UR > VS > HA does look like a better deal than MR/UR > HA directly if there's availability!

Here's VS's award chart for redemptions on Hawaiian: https://www.virginatlantic.com/us/en/flying-club/partners/airlines/hawaiian-airlines.html
aXdYIqr.jpg

VS's table is based on round-trip pricing, and it looks like first-class to/from the West Coast is 80k VS and to/from the East Coast is 130k VS, which are both only half the HawaiianMiles it'd cost to redeem with Hawaiian directly. Compare with http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2218/~/hawaiianmiles-award-chart.

Combine that with MR > VS transfer bonuses that seem to happen once or twice year, and it could be a really good deal!

Tagging @MrPTato too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter