I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We switched to total wireless this week...after much research on my part...leaving behind manybyears of Verizon. It has been great. No issues at all. Runs on Verizon towers. 2 lines for $60 and BYOD if you want. The process to switch my phone was about 20 mins at the comfort of my kitchen table. Have you considered prepaid? Clark Howard has lots of articles about the various services. The only con I can see is no hotspot, and I don’t really care. We were paying $69.44 each after taxes to share a plan at Verizon, so it is less than half price!

How much data do you get?

Amex got back to our CFPB complaint for closing his two cards. Apparently they said we never activated the Amazon Business card, but we did because it was on his app and we made a purchase with it?? Anyway they reinstated his Gold and Green card. They can’t offer any additional compensation. And while they said my offers that were loaded on the card would be there, they are not.

We switched to total wireless this week...after much research on my part...leaving behind manybyears of Verizon. It has been great. No issues at all. Runs on Verizon towers. 2 lines for $60 and BYOD if you want. The process to switch my phone was about 20 mins at the comfort of my kitchen table. Have you considered prepaid? Clark Howard has lots of articles about the various services. The only con I can see is no hotspot, and I don’t really care. We were paying $69.44 each after taxes to share a plan at Verizon, so it is less than half price!

The problem is we live out in the country and have a limited data plan for our internet, so we have to have unlimited data on our phones because we can't hook them to wifi. No traditional wifi like Comcast or Verizon out here. Verizon has actually told us that they will NEVER come to our area with internet. So we are kind of trapped with the big guys. Plus, I do get decent discounts given that we have Directv (because again, no Verizon or Comcast) and AT&T.

The problem is we live out in the country and have a limited data plan for our internet, so we have to have unlimited data on our phones because we can't hook them to wifi. No traditional wifi like Comcast or Verizon out here. Verizon has actually told us that they will NEVER come to our area with internet. So we are kind of trapped with the big guys. Plus, I do get decent discounts given that we have Directv (because again, no Verizon or Comcast) and AT&T.
Oh! I’ve never heard of limited internet. That’s unfortunate.

Oh! I’ve never heard of limited internet. That’s unfortunate.

It really is lol. We have this little Sprint aircard we use for internet. It’s not great haha. My DH was just complaining about it 20 minutes ago. We’re very limited in what we can stream from netflix or anything as a result. I do most of my streaming on my phone since I have unlimited data on that.

Did you look at BoostMobile? We have their $35 plan which includes unlimited everything including hotspot but throttles down the hotspot after a certain usage. We love it since DS and I can connect our iPads to it when we are in the car or out and about. I use it to connect my work laptop so I can continue to work while I wait for DS to get out of school since we do parent pick-up daily.

15gb shared which is more than we ever use. But if you need more it is 5gb for $10. My mom does straight talk and has unlimited but I wanted cheaper.
ETA: straight talk unlimited data is $90 for 2 lines. They do have a hotspot if that’s impt.

Oh yeah I burn through data. We are at 120 with T-Mobile for 2 lines but that also gives us free Netflix so I’m not sure if it’s worth the switch.

It really is lol. We have this little Sprint aircard we use for internet. It’s not great haha. My DH was just complaining about it 20 minutes ago. We’re very limited in what we can stream from netflix or anything as a result. I do most of my streaming on my phone since I have unlimited data on that.
We had the Sprint aircard for years since it was the only viable option since we live on the wrong side of the road to get Comcast. We recently switched to the AT&T wireless routers that were intended for those who had limited options. They work great compared the aircard and we can actually stream for the 1st time. We have it connected to two Google Mesh set-ups for our 1st and 2nd floor so that it is amplified throughout the house and even onto our deck. They are reasonably priced compared to Sprint and what we were getting.

Oh yeah I burn through data. We are at 120 with T-Mobile for 2 lines but that also gives us free Netflix so I’m not sure if it’s worth the switch.

if ur over 55 or have parents over 55, u could also try getting the senior plan. its 2 lines for $70 on Tmobile, unlimited everything.
i know several ppl who open 2 accounts(mom and dad) and have 2 extra lines for husband and wife.

I was just thinking recently we should consider a med sailing next year for our anniversary. We can't really get away without the kids and we both want to do Italy. It is a milestone year, so seems like a good time to do it. Did you prefer DCL or RCCL for Europe?

We sailed DCL last summer to Norway/Iceland/Scotland and it was incredible. We don't "need" Disney but I will say it was fun. Even more fun now that my DD is old enough that we don't use the kids stuff anymore. And fun enough that I booked again for 2020. I don't like the monster ships, and the Magic is just the right size for us. DCL is expensive though, so I have internal battles about that one. I think a cruise sounds like a great idea for an anniversary. I can't compare though, and I've heard good things about several other lines. Can you use your DD's discount for this one? I know that they have had CM discounts on some Med itineraries in the past.

Also, I have been holding out booking our March 2020 RCCL cruise and now all of the balcony rooms are gone except for the 3rd floor. How can be when the Harmony is huge and there were plenty of rooms. Now to keep scouting to see if anything opens up or finding something for DS’s 13th birthday. Any suggestions for warm European locations in March? We have 10 days to play with.

It's not very warm in March. I've been in Italy in late March and early April and it was nice, but not hot. Kind of mixed, but still nice in the Med area. I think it's better touring weather then but not as good if you want to lie around and soak in the sun. We were touring so I appreciated it not feeling like a furnace (which it did when I was in Italy in July).

We had the Sprint aircard for years since it was the only viable option since we live on the wrong side of the road to get Comcast. We recently switched to the AT&T wireless routers that were intended for those who had limited options. They work great compared the aircard and we can actually stream for the 1st time. We have it connected to two Google Mesh set-ups for our 1st and 2nd floor so that it is amplified throughout the house and even onto our deck. They are reasonably priced compared to Sprint and what we were getting.

AT&T won't come to our area either :( I've tried. It's so funny because anytime they give me the sales pitch I respond "you don't service my area" and they say "oh, if you live in X county you definitely get service with us!" So I give them my address and they look it up and go "wow, I didn't know X county went out that far... we don't service your area and have no plans to expand there." :sad2:

The Sprint aircard is definitely the best of the options we have, and they did cut their price in half about a year ago, which was nice. I used to pay $110/mo for 30 GB of data. In case you're all wondering, a 1 hour show uses about 1 GB of data on the lowest quality setting.

Funny you mention... A "magical" TA told me about a year ago that it did not matter and that you could change the age of the guest in MDE if need be. I've never attempted it, but it seemed accurate and like it was easy to do. At least on the old website. I haven't tried with the newer MDE format.
I am still back on page 955, but I have changed ages and names of guests in MDE without issue.

Did you look at BoostMobile? We have their $35 plan which includes unlimited everything including hotspot but throttles down the hotspot after a certain usage. We love it since DS and I can connect our iPads to it when we are in the car or out and about. I use it to connect my work laptop so I can continue to work while I wait for DS to get out of school since we do parent pick-up daily.
I didn’t b/c i was focused on Verizon towers. DH travels for work all over the state and some really rural areas and we already k ew Verizon worked well for him so I was trying to stick with that. We never use more than 4-5gb each for data, and never really used our hotspots when we had Verizon, so I went with cheapest Verizon towers plan. I will look more into boost though. Thanks!

Last edited:
We sailed DCL last summer to Norway/Iceland/Scotland and it was incredible. We don't "need" Disney but I will say it was fun. Even more fun now that my DD is old enough that we don't use the kids stuff anymore. And fun enough that I booked again for 2020. I don't like the monster ships, and the Magic is just the right size for us. DCL is expensive though, so I have internal battles about that one. I think a cruise sounds like a great idea for an anniversary. I can't compare though, and I've heard good things about several other lines. Can you use your DD's discount for this one? I know that they have had CM discounts on some Med itineraries in the past.

Thanks! I don’t think she will be a CM anymore by next summer...unless she gets hired as a face character.

Question for any Hilton experts here.... I'm a little frustrated b/c I don;t understand the booking rules.... when I look online, I can book Friday May 3, but not 3rd and 4th. I can't book just the 4th. or I can book May 4th and 5th, which is a saturday-Monday- why is this? it seems to be the thing whether paying csh or points. When I called to ask why I can't book that Saturday, she said it was fully booked,nothing available. So I told her that yes,they obviously had an available room or I couldn't book the Saturday and Sunday which showed as available.:headache::headache::headache: She had no answer. Anything I can do about this short of wasting a night of points? Which I'm not willing to do. At this point I booked Friday at the hotel I wanted and Saturday at another hotel,which is a complete PITA.

I feel your pain with the capped internet @DisneyMandC. We have Hughes Net and we get like 10 gb/month. The bad thing is, our cell reception here is spotty at best, so we can't even switch to unlimited data on our phones!

Absolutely no streaming of any kind. I can watch 5 minute FB videos but that's it. Watching a movie will slow our internet down so it is unusable. We can't even stream music hear because it buffers too much. First world problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter