I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we still are not able to log in to our 3-year paid already Disney+ account. I am more than fuming about this but there appears absolutely nothing we can do. A lot of other errors got fixed today but those were ones that were occurring at big universities. Apparently Disney was viewing all the accounts logging in from one university IP address as too many devices trying to connect so they blocked entire universities. They seem to have gotten those fixed. But all the 'little guys' that have an assortment of errors are getting no help. We are small potatoes and it appears Disney could care less. Disney plus help twitter account is posting out that they are trying so hard to help people. Well, I contacted them at close to 60 hours ago. I've received no response.

We created a 7-day trial tonight and have been able to log in through that (thanks @Lain). I am not sure we will keep doing free trials. It feels wrong to me but the way we've been treated is wrong too.

Start year at Fort Wilderness in WDW
Feb. / March - state park camping
April - first part of Spring Break camping at Fort Wilderness, second half NYC for my kids first trip there!

Weekends to WDW in first half of year depending on FL resident ticket specials.

July/Aug. - Ideally somewhere in Europe. No preference, whatever is cheapest when I go to buy. If not there, maybe a NP trip with my brother and his family or cruise out of Miami. Something.

Sept - camping in the Keys

New Years at Fort Wilderness

Camping

July / August - Europe or land trip in RV in Alaska, or??

My two eldest graduate high school in 2021 and 2022 so definitely big trips there but I’m just not a good long term planner especially since I’m rarely committed to any specific location. There’s so much to see and do.

I think will just do 3 and then 2 in Copenhagen. Our cruise leaves out of Copenhagen. Flight from PRG to CPH is 40 dollars on Czech air no reason in using points for that.
I have the Marriott Biz I used my points on AA. It would have cost me 800 Dollars to buy the additional 30k points for our flight home. My citi points posted yesterday. I’m still short 10k points for ‘‘tis flight but I’ll buy those. It’s worth it. It’s hard to find Biz saver awards on AA.
I’ve been topping off our AA accounts using Plastiq whenever they run a promo. It’s a lot cheaper than buying the points directly from AA.

Looking to book our pre-cruise stay in Seattle with our Bonvoy certificates. DH and I will each have one from the Bonvoy Biz, but probably won't get it until late April. The stay is in June. So I'm thinking I should get the reservations booked before then. We need 2 rooms for 2 nights. My point balance is lower, so I was able to do a points advance reservation for one of the rooms. I think once I get the cert, I can just apply it for 1 night and then points for the other night.

DH's balance is higher though. So thinking what's the best way to do this? He doesn't have enough for 4 nights, so should I book 4 nights with points advance and then later drop 2? Or should I book a separate dummy reservation to temporarily use up the points? Or is it possible to book 2 nights on points and later swap out one night for a cert (getting the points refunded)? Which has less chance of getting Bonvoyed?

I love that you have something for every single month in 2020!
Lol! I think I did this year, too. It’s been awesome :) With the downsize and new empty nest (DS22special needs started a college program for independent living), we have a lot more freedom.
Do it if its at all possible! A friend of mine just did it last month and it was an awesome trip. Her pictures made me jealous. It was a trip years in the planning but she doesn't regret a second of it.
My family and friends think I’m crazy, but I really want to do it. My biggest hesitation is the accommodations high up, but I’m telling myself I can deal. I’ve heard the same thing from other hikers about how amazing it is.
This is awesome! How do you have so much PTO?!?!
She’s her own boss.
Yep! :) I’m also cutting back a little. That spreadsheet of yours is pretty detailed, Lain, lol!

I’m just popping in to report from the Marriott Resort in Fiji. I had been asked to do a review of it, but I really can’t for the life of me figure out where/how to do that, and apparently I already posted once in the wrong place over on Reddit! (Sorry @SouthFayetteFan but I also can’t for the life of me figure out how to fix my wrong post or where to actually put it so that it is correct)

Overall so far a pretty nice hotel/resort. I was just using my 7 night package from ages ago before all of the changes, so quite frankly I went into it with the mindset of just being thankful that I “guessed” the correct way when I bought the package (in terms of category changes) and that I had a cert I could actually use some place I was willing/wanting to go even after the category changes...everything on top of that was a bonus! (Although we did search endlessly for MANY other places to no avail before we decided/settled on this).

I think if I were to come back to Fiji (which is actually somewhat likely since we have family in this general part of the world), I would definitely consider staying here again. Would I travel all of this way from the east coast or middle of the states just to come here? Probably not.

So far it appears to be very family friendly, but also seems to be romantic enough and not overrun with kids so that it could be a great couples destination. Our cert obviously put us in the lowest category room, which I think would have put us near the pool, and which I would guess could be a bit noisy/annoying. Although when I asked if we could be upgraded (Marriott elite) they told me no, I think we did get a slight upgrade to “lagoon front” although we are on the second floor, so I’m not sure if it would still be “lagoon view” since technically we are not directly in front of the lagoon. But please understand that the “lagoon” in this case is the man made lagoon with fish in it, not the sandy lagoon at the center of the resort surrounded by beach that people swim in.

Yes, I have swum in clearer water, but I am also very lucky to have vacationed in some amazing places. The room is definitely on the smaller side, but we are finding the “double” beds here bigger than the “double” beds at Sydney Marriott (those were a nightmare) and very similar to the “double” beds at Weston Brisbane (those were super comfy).

Food is definitely overpriced at the resort, but when we are in Fiji we rent a car and so that we can eat elsewhere and buy groceries (keep in mind that driving here can be challenging and also that the resort is not close to anything so it is a definite drive to find other eating options.) There is only a water boiling “jug”/kettle thing in the room, so Ramen noodles type things are ok, and we also bought a sandwhich maker/heater in Australia so that we can make heated sandwiches (DH is a kiwi and this is a very kiwi thing to eat so we are used to eating this type of thing). Not sure what else to prepare in the room as far as warm meals, but there is a small fridge so cold foods are fine.

We have swum in the lagoon, this afternoon from 5pm onwards my girls literally had the entire lagoon to themselves until I made them get out as it got dark. We have also used the non-motorized water sports, my girls love to SUP and DH and I kayak. The space you are allowed to do this in is slightly small and is in a different part from where you can swim which causes a lot of back and forth, but I think it is a safety thing as there is a channel into the lagoon that boats do use, so I think they don’t want you run over by a boat or sucked out into the less-sheltered more open waters. We haven’t used the pool yet but it is clean and has a swim up bar. There is also a decently sized toddler pool.

As Marriott Platinum, I get 2 free breakfast each morning (or welcome points but clearly breakfast is the better option). Kids under 12 also get free breakfast and also free ice cream in the afternoon, although we haven’t tried that yet to know how that is. Breakfast is HUGE, so we try to fill up and then only do one other meal and some snacks each day.

I hope that isn’t too long or boring, feel free to message me if you have questions or want more info on something specific. For those who remember me from when I was on here slightly more, I am ALWAYS behind and these days pretty much never get a chance to get on here, so messaging me might be better. I just wanted to check in because I know this resort had been talked about!!

End of 2019/2020 Plans:
Thanksgving- Universal Orlando
Christmas- Punta Cana and Orlando
MLK Weeeknd- Universal Orlando
President’s Day Weekend- Universal Orlando
March- Harmony of the Seas
April- hopefully Phoenix
August- Australia!

The rest still needs to be planned out! Our Universal APs expire at the beginning of August so we will probably work in a trip in June or July. I am so excited about Australia, I am completely dragging my feet on everything else.

Can I seriously only transfer $500 from my PNC Spend to another bank and $1000 from Savings? That‘s ridiculous! I might actually have to go to the bank and make withdraws.

I’m behind...we’re at Pop right now getting ready to go to Epcot today. It definitely got chillier last night. Very breezy. We rode the Skyliner last night for the first time. Those cars move so fast! When they come to a stop in the stations it’s rather abrupt. But it was a fun ride. Having breakfast at Garden Grill. Don’t have plans to come back again in the next year, but it’s so tempting to upgrade to AP while here. I won’t, but it’s tempting.

TGIF question:
Do you have travel plans in 2020? If so, to where?

What about farther out-2021 and beyond?

For me:

Feb/Mar-Viking Australia/NZ cruise

July-Scotland, Slovenia and Croatia bday trip

August-DH's Baltic cruise bday trip

Oct-quick Bahamas cruise for DM bday (also her grand slam cruise)

Sadly, nothing planned yet for 2021 or beyond-I suspect we might book another Viking (ocean) cruise in Feb if we enjoy our experience.

Oh yeah, I'm all planned through 2021. LOL.

Feb - DCL cruise San Juan/Bahamas/New Orleans (booked, paid for, etc)
Sep - WDW Food and Wine (booked, paid for still need the WDW tix)

Feb - Princess Cruise/Cabo + Disneyland (cruise booked, that's it so far)
Oct - NCL Cruise/Greece + land tour of Athens (cruise booked, that's it so far)

I have some, but most are either driving trips or work trips.

2020- Minneapolis for at least 4 weekends. Once in January, Mom's 60th birthday in April, Father's Day weekend for work and then National tournament in Aug. Chicago for 3 or 4 long weekends, one no kids, one work and probably one to take the kids to Museum of Science and Industry. Spring Break in Dallas with my Sister-in-Law and her kids. Detroit and Windsor for a long weekend this summer, 7 yo requested a trip to the Henry Ford Museum. Weekend work trip to either Cincinnati or Columbus late July or early August. And a week in Viera FL at the end of September to umpire the World Championships.

2021 will be a trip to Paris, not sure when in the year we will go yet. And possibly my wife going to WDW with my best friend as the nanny for her new baby.

Can I seriously only transfer $500 from my PNC Spend to another bank and $1000 from Savings? That‘s ridiculous! I might actually have to go to the bank and make withdraws.
Do you need to push? I hated PNC. Only signed up for the bonus. I ended up pulling money ( initiate transfer from receiving bank) and was able to transfer higher amounts. Here in Nov I will close DH acct and will pull back to our main account.

Shoot, if only our baby would be born by the lol. Seems like a really good deal. Hopefully they do another one next year
Is there a way to buy gift cards? And then use those later? I see Canival gift cards at GE and maybe the other cruise lines have them.

I’m behind...we’re at Pop right now getting ready to go to Epcot today. It definitely got chillier last night. Very breezy. We rode the Skyliner last night for the first time. Those cars move so fast! When they come to a stop in the stations it’s rather abrupt. But it was a fun ride. Having breakfast at Garden Grill. Don’t have plans to come back again in the next year, but it’s so tempting to upgrade to AP while here. I won’t, but it’s tempting.
We’re going to Epcot close to opening this morning for our magnets and then disney springs for the tree trail. I’m not sure if we should try the skyliner in between or not. I think we’ll skip it this trip.

Yes, this is my second try at Glacier. 2018 there were large wild fires at the time we were to go. That trip was planned for end of August which has higher risk of fires. I’m planning for early-mid July to hopefully miss the fires.

We went to Glacier as part of our honeymoon in 2015. There was a huge wildfire that had Going to the Sun Road closed for several days before we arrived and we weren’t sure if we were going to be able to do our 2 night stay at Sperry Chalet. Luckily, they opened the road the day we arrived, but it was some ring to drive through the park seeing all of the fire damage all along the road. Sperry Chalet and Sperry Glacier were amazing. I am so glad they are rebuilding the Chalet since it burned down 2 years ago from another fire.

We got married at Grand Teton NP and went to 12 other national parks on our honeymoon. The majority of them had an active fire in or very near the park during our visit including Cascade Canyon, Olympic, Crater Lake, Yosemite and King’s Canyon. It is tragic to see so much wild land burning.

Is there a way to buy gift cards? And then use those later? I see Canival gift cards at GE and maybe the other cruise lines have them.
I’m not sure. We aren’t set on doing a cruise but we do have the offer on my BBP. We might have a better idea by March before the offer expires but I’d feel more comfortable waiting until after the baby is born

I don't think gift cards is an option for this offer. They have been running these offers a couple times per year so hopefully there will be another along later next year.

@GlamMistress - the offer is also good for Princess Cruises. Might work on a payment against your 2021 cruise.

I don't think gift cards is an option for this offer. They have been running these offers a couple times per year so hopefully there will be another along later next year.

@GlamMistress - the offer is also good for Princess Cruises. Might work on a payment against your 2021 cruise.
We’re not set on doing a cruise anyway. We may just fly to England/Scotland and tour ourselves

Wait...if your statement closed on 10/25, didn't your AF post on 11/1? So then your AF won't be due until your NEXT statement closes. Now if your AF posted on 10/1, I'm really confused. Are you sure you're looking at this correctly? Something doesn't seem to add up here.

Do you know the date you originally applied for this card? Has it ever been upgraded or downgraded at any point?
I'm going to have to double check- the AF posted at least 2 weeks ago,I've been looking at the charge, payment due 11/22- last statement closed 10/25.... I'll go dig in deeper to my records,I have the info somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter