I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a cord/cable/tech organizer for travel that they love? Other than the ebags one, though :) I need to upgrade from my current sandwich baggie, but I want something that will fit nicely into a medium backpack or purse.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on the Hilton FN cert. I will call Hilton to see if they are able to see the certificate. I'm trying to find a good redemption for it. We might be in LA during Christmas break. Any suggestions? Unfortunately the Waldorf Astoria doesn't have any standard room left. Anyone know if those open up sometimes closer to the date?

I have another question ... (btw, you guys are the best!) For our Disney Cruise to Alaska next year. I used 150K UR points for a panoramic view room at the Pan Pacific for 3 nights. Do you guys think that's a good redemption or do you think I can get it cheaper at another booking site?

If you're searching for award availability at a hotel and finding none, set up alerts on OpenHotelAlert.com for standard rooms with cash, since award nights are supposed to be made available when standard rooms can be booked with cash.

I've also read that the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills hides their availability under accessible rooms. Check that box and you might see availability.

On another note, the guitar hotel at the Hard Rock Seminole finally opened last week. Dd and I have watched it being built for the past few years (it's just off the turnpike) and with her going off to college next year, I decided to look into prices for a 1 night stay. I ended up booking Saturday, November 23rd because it was one of the only weekend nights they have available until the early spring (and it's the weekend before TG so she won't have much school work). The show that night is a comedian named Chris D'Elia (I'd never heard of him, but watched a few clips and he looks pretty funny), so I bought 2 tickets for us! I'm really looking forward to this mini vacation! I priced out a pool cabana for the day, but it was an easy pass (something like $525.00 for the day + min. f&b of $350.00 + $150.00 service charge -- no thanks!).

For those that haven't heard of the new hotel, here's a link. Apparently there's a laser show every night on the side of the guitar / hotel. Should be interesting!

Mine's all clad, too. Love them, and they look as nice as when we got them (wedding gifts) many years ago. My non-stick (yes, they are for eggs and pancakes) ones have needed to be replaced a few times. I just keep my eyes open for deals on the little omelet pans since I still like to buy all clad but the nonstick ones are really expensive considering they don't last forever.

Have you looked into buying during All-Clad's factory seconds sales? I think one just ended.

For all those that don't escrow. Do you put away money yourself then for all of those bills? My mortgage payment keeps going up thanks to escrow. They "need" to have a $1500 balance in the account at all times. Well, single mom here, I'd like that $1500! The only perk of course is that I am not scrambling to find the money come tax times, since it's automatically taken out each month. But I don't like that my monthly payment keeps going up. Grrrrr!
Yes, I just divide my annual taxes by 12 and put that money into my Capital One 360 account which allows you to have multiple sub accounts each month. Then when it's time to pay transfer it out.

I have worked in Mortgage my entire life, and escrowing your taxes and insurance is standard. You have to specifically request not to, if you don't wan them included, and depending on your loan to value ratio and the program, it may cost a fee or not be allowed at all to waive them. It's very strange that yours were never included.

I looked into getting rid of my escrow a year or two ago. They were going to charge a fee. :mad: It ended up not being worth it...

Anyone have a cord/cable/tech organizer for travel that they love? Other than the ebags one, though :) I need to upgrade from my current sandwich baggie, but I want something that will fit nicely into a medium backpack or purse.

I've liked this one off Amazon pretty well so far. I usually just unroll it and put it on the hotel dresser or nightstand... just plug in my devices and then plug the usbs into a usb outlet if there is one or I keep a multi usb port plug in the right zipper pocket, so I just plug them in there and that in the outlet. I got tired of forgetting my charging cords at home lol. I also usually carry a single usb outlet adapter too... I don't always use the middle pocket because it makes it too bulky for my liking.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072J9BC8B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQ19QYA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know there are other places on the DIS that I could ask this but I don't venture far from this thread so hoping someone here can answer...

We are going to wdw in Dec. My mom & stepdad are going too. They only want 2-day tix and a party ticket. They have booked WBC for their stay. I used discounted GC's to buy their 2-day tix direct from Disney. I only received a conf# and 'will call' option. No number to put into MDE. I added them to MDE so I can manage their plans but they don't show as having tickets since there is no number to put in. They are now considering an onsite stay. If they do decide to be onsite and I can book their FP's before 30 days, how do I get their tickets to show up in MDE?

They've always bought their tickets from UCT, who emails a ticket number....I don't understand why Disney doesn't do this...

Did you try linking using the confirmation number from the purchase? This is how all my party ticket purchases are linked, instead of with individual ticket numbers. Haven't done stand alone park tickets in a while, so I don't recall how those are done.

The show that night is a comedian named Chris D'Elia (I'd never heard of him, but watched a few clips and he looks pretty funny), so I bought 2 tickets for us! I'm really looking forward to this mini vacation! I priced out a pool cabana for the day, but it was an easy pass (something like $525.00 for the day + min. f&b of $350.00 + $150.00 service charge -- no thanks!).
He's also an actor, he's funny!!

I have the revere ware with the copper bottoms also and Farberware that is about 40 years old, but my daughter has grabbed a few pieces from me although she bought a full set of All Clad from Williams Sonoma using thank you points. (credit card related). And confession time - I not only have stainless All Clad, I have a 10 piece copper set which I don't use and I can't stand cleaning them.

Ooh! The copper ones are so pretty. I didn't get them since I don't like polishing things, but I think they are gorgeous. Mine are the old LTD (it wasn't old then) with the anodized aluminum on the outside and the stainless inside. My Mom has the same and I liked hers so that's what I went with.

Have you looked into buying during All-Clad's factory seconds sales? I think one just ended.

I have not! Please tell me more about them. I have just waited for really, really good coupons/discounts at regular stores. You're the best shopper!

FYI - If you've been thinking about buying a new iPhone or making some other Apple purchase (Apple released new the AirPod Pro today with noise cancellation), today would be a good day for it.

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/10x-miles-at-apple-today-10x-aa-8x-alaska-or-8x-united/

The shopping portals for American, Alaska, and United are offering 8x to 10x miles/$ at Apple.com today only. It doesn't look like iPhones or the new AirPod Pro are excluded (which they typically are for a while after release). (Double check the terms for exclusions.)

If you're upgrading to a new iPhone, Apple has a generous trade-in program that often offers better value vs. popular electronics buyback sites like Gazelle, BuyBackWorld, etc. (Double check just in case.)

Click to Apple.com through your choice of shopping portal, order your new iPhone through the Apple site and during the process select you have an iPhone to trade in with the specs and condition of your old iPhone. You'll pay the full price for your new iPhone on whatever card you choose and earn 8x-10x miles on your purchase. Then, you have 14 days from your pickup or delivery (or delivery of the trade-in kit) to complete the trade-in. You have the option to receive a "kit" (box and shipping label) to mail in your phone, or you can complete the trade-in in-store. If you do the trade-in by mailing your old iPhone in, you'll get a refund on your original form of payment. But if you bring your old iPhone to an Apple Store and complete the trade-in in-store (a "previous purchase trade-in"), they can put the trade-in value on any card you choose, even a debit card so the money goes into your checking account and you keep your credit card spend, credit card rewards, and shopping portal miles. (Even if you get a kit, you can still opt to do an in-store trade-in.) To do an in-store previous purchase trade-in, you will need the email receipt for your new iPhone purchase, the new iPhone's serial number, and the card you want the trade-in value to go on.

Last edited:
I've liked this one off Amazon pretty well so far. I usually just unroll it and put it on the hotel dresser or nightstand... just plug in my devices and then plug the usbs into a usb outlet if there is one or I keep a multi usb port plug in the right zipper pocket, so I just plug them in there and that in the outlet. I got tired of forgetting my charging cords at home lol. I also usually carry a single usb outlet adapter too... I don't always use the middle pocket because it makes it too bulky for my liking.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072J9BC8B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQ19QYA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you! This looks like a really good option. I like that devices can be charged without removing the cords!

Lots of birthdays right now! Mine is on Friday!
Mine is Wed! The big 4-0!
I wouldn't even eat them if I saw that. I'm not into non stick except for eggs and I have 7 inch fry pans for that. I have 3 back ups still in package from Costco for when they get a scratch.

most of my cookware is all clad, and an odd cast iron pan or two.
cookware? glad you asked! :rotfl2: seriously OT again but Iove my kitchenware.... I use either cast iron or old 1970's era Revereware exclusively.....can't beat a well seasoned cast iron skillet for eggs or whatever, ours sits on the stove and never gets put away.... and the old rRvereware with copper bottoms..... oh it's magical, it never wears out! nonstick surfaces y'all....:crazy2::scared1::faint: so many better choices out there! Oh, I also use my instant pot a million times a week,I love that the liner is stainless steel,I've noticed some of the 'off' brands don't have that. I tried some ceramic ware nonstick stuff but that lasted about a minute before it was destroyed,so back the old standbys! Ok I'll stop now.....

I cook everything in nonstick, although we need a new set (had the same set for probably 15 years). Why are you so opposed to it? I love how easy it is to clean, plus I just use a light spray of Pam to cook with to not add extra fat/oil.

cookware? glad you asked! :rotfl2: seriously OT again but Iove my kitchenware.... I use either cast iron or old 1970's era Revereware exclusively.....can't beat a well seasoned cast iron skillet for eggs or whatever, ours sits on the stove and never gets put away.... and the old rRvereware with copper bottoms..... oh it's magical, it never wears out! nonstick surfaces y'all....:crazy2::scared1::faint: so many better choices out there! Oh, I also use my instant pot a million times a week,I love that the liner is stainless steel,I've noticed some of the 'off' brands don't have that. I tried some ceramic ware nonstick stuff but that lasted about a minute before it was destroyed,so back the old standbys! Ok I'll stop now.....

Ooh, ooh! Another revereware fan here. My mom had it all the time I was growing up. When I was young, I ended up having to buy new pots and pans every few years, until I wised up and got my Revereware. I don’t know how long I’ve had it, but I’m guessing at least 20 years. They still make them, I think. I bought it for two of my kids a few years ago. Love them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter