I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says only going to 66 here today but we have 75 projected for Sunday and 79 for Monday, then it starts to fall into the 60ties again. Makes me happy to have 2 weeks in Florida in November. Going back in February and working on something warmer for January. Have to stay here in December.

Has anyone received their 2000 FFD from Plastiq for that promotion they were running in September?

Any tips on things to do or places to eat in Columbus, OH? It’s about a 3 hr drive for us and DD has next Fri off school. We’re booked at a nice Hilton near the outdoor mall and it has a pretty nice looking indoor pool. Thinking COSI, the zoo on the way there/back if it’s nice and the Botanical Gardens if the weather isn’t great.

@bernina I started The Breakdown and it’s really good! Different from what I’m used to reading but I really like it. I have Behind Closed Doors on hold at my library.

Has anyone joined Marriott's dining program? It's called 'Eat Around Town', and right now you get 8x points per dollar and there's also a 1K bonus for spending $30. I'm going to join as I see 222 restaurants within my reach, and some of them I actually LOVE, which is different from several of the other programs. Haven't double checked this but I am pretty sure I can add Rose Gold for 4x MR from Amex also. I'm also going to check the Hilton Head area and the Lake Buena Vista area and Tampa/Clearwater areas to see if any come up that I may use on my trip south in November.
Thanks for sharing. I just joined since I saw a few places near work we go to at lunch. Any thoughts on if gift cards bought at the restaurant will also earn the extra points and bonus? I'd rather hurry in and get a gift card then miss the 1K bonus if I forget to go in the next 30 days.

I've never seen one... but I have had Target exclusive candy corn Oreos. THOSE were delicious!!! :D
No interest in those but I may have tried the maple crepe Oreos and the Archer Farms pumpkin cheesecake cookies. :rolleyes1
In case anyone was wondering, here are the ingredients of Brach's Candy Corn. I knew there was a reason I didn't eat them. o_O
Sugar, Corn Syrup, Confectioner's Glaze (Shellac), Salt, Cocoa Powder, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Gelatin, Dextrose, Honey, Artificial Flavor, Sesame Oil, Yellow 6, Yellow 5, Red 3, Soy Lecithin, Blue 1, Red 40.
No judging.
I was just kidding lol. My seats are cloth so they never get hot
That’s why I refuse to have anything but cloth seats. Leather gets too hot and too cold. Heated seats are lovely but I covet a heated steering wheel. My hands are always cold. I would trade my heated seats for a heated steering wheel. My rear has more insulation than my hands.

@bernina I started The Breakdown and it’s really good! Different from what I’m used to reading but I really like it. I have Behind Closed Doors on hold at my library.

So glad you’re enjoying. I really liked it.

Just started a new book (I’m on a roll the last few weeks!) called Nine Women, One Dress by Jane L. Rosen. If you like interconnected stories like Love Actually I think you’ll really enjoy. I’m almost finished and it is so sweet and fun and even though the stories are short you just can’t help but fall in love with the characters. A nice break after the last two psychological thrillers.

And for audio book fans, each character is narrated by a different actor. It’s so fun to listen to.

Seriously this may be one of my favorite books this year!

Will I still get the 6x points on my Marriott Bonvoy if I book through Expedia? My friend wants to switch from CBR to the dolphin but I can’t book directly (showing no rooms) so I have to go 3rd party.
I believe booking/paying through expedia will depend... if you do a deposit or pay in full through them, it will be Expedia on your statement so no 6x points. If it's one where you will pay the balance at your hotel, it will be Bonvoy on your statement and that will get 6x points. You will NOT get extra points on the room rate through your Marriott account though since it is a 3rd party booking. I'm actually trying to see if I can get points for a 3rd party booking right now... not on room rate, but on the things I charged to the room because I have in the past...

I would call like @1st*toright suggested about seeing if you can get a room... worth a try!
No to candy corn, hurts my teeth.

Cars must be WHITE. My current Blizzard Pearl is too dirty looking. Driver 1 and 2 seat adjustment, sunroof, and heated leather seats are all necessary. Although dh has over the years frequently threatened to disable my sunroof for leaving it open. Worst time ever was when we were at the mall and could hear the rain POURING outside and we had to race nearly the length of mall to shut the roof. He was not so happy that day!
I love my blizzard pearl ❤ I left my sunroof open once, after driving a car with one for 3.5 years... (and I used it ALL THE TIME)… and then my car got set on fire, that one time I left it open. Sooooo now I'm extra careful about closing it, it's the very first thing I do when I park the car before shutting it off.
Yeah can’t say I miss that at all. It’s 10 am and feels like 93 here. I love it. Dh is sitting by the pool working on his laptop. It was 70 this morning and I was chilled lol
Ha already getting Floridian blood! We had a good laugh once when we went to see my dad's friend in Clearwater Beach. He was from a small town in NE and built his own business and did really well. He married someone from the panhandle and they now have a big place in NE and a penthouse condo on the gulf in Clearwater, and spend 6+ months there to be residents because it's less in taxes. So we went down in January, met him at a bar next door to the condo that night, and we're all like this is great! Because it was freezing back home, and when he got there he made us move to a table with a built in patio heater :rotfl:

So glad you’re enjoying. I really liked it.

Just started a new book (I’m on a roll the last few weeks!) called Nine Women, One Dress by Jane L. Rosen. If you like interconnected stories like Love Actually I think you’ll really enjoy. I’m almost finished and it is so sweet and fun and even though the stories are short you just can’t help but fall in love with the characters. A nice break after the last two psychological thrillers.

And for audio book fans, each character is narrated by a different actor. It’s so fun to listen to.

Seriously this may be one of my favorite books this year!
I’m thinking that one might be a little too far out of my genre lol. Doesn’t sound like one I would enjoy. I’m glad you recommended the other two though!

I believe booking/paying through expedia will depend... if you do a deposit or pay in full through them, it will be Expedia on your statement so no 6x points. If it's one where you will pay the balance at your hotel, it will be Bonvoy on your statement and that will get 6x points. You will NOT get extra points on the room rate through your Marriott account though since it is a 3rd party booking. I'm actually trying to see if I can get points for a 3rd party booking right now... not on room rate, but on the things I charged to the room because I have in the past...

I would call like @1st*toright suggested about seeing if you can get a room... worth a try!

I love my blizzard pearl ❤ I left my sunroof open once, after driving a car with one for 3.5 years... (and I used it ALL THE TIME)… and then my car got set on fire, that one time I left it open. Sooooo now I'm extra careful about closing it, it's the very first thing I do when I park the car before shutting it off.

Ha already getting Floridian blood! We had a good laugh once when we went to see my dad's friend in Clearwater Beach. He was from a small town in NE and built his own business and did really well. He married someone from the panhandle and they now have a big place in NE and a penthouse condo on the gulf in Clearwater, and spend 6+ months there to be residents because it's less in taxes. So we went down in January, met him at a bar next door to the condo that night, and we're all like this is great! Because it was freezing back home, and when he got there he made us move to a table with a built in patio heater :rotfl:
I’m already positive we will be like that. Going to Iowa for December is gonna be brutal

Thanks for sharing. I just joined since I saw a few places near work we go to at lunch. Any thoughts on if gift cards bought at the restaurant will also earn the extra points and bonus? I'd rather hurry in and get a gift card then miss the 1K bonus if I forget to go in the next 30 days.

I don't know. I just found it on the website yesterday and plan to take advantage of the $30 deal tomorrow, but for a nice dinner, not a gift card. I feel as if a gift card could count, but not sure.

I guess it depends on how the information on the sale is communicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter