I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - am trying to get my next moves in order. Neither DH or I have any MSR's right now. SW Companion Pass is next for me. I have been waiting to apply for the SW Performance Card and will do so before the 16th to get in on the 80,000 SUB and then either get another Business Card or personal card in January.

Possibly looking also for the Barclay AA Biz for both DH and I with the increased SUB. We both had the card over a year ago. I closed mine on 8/9 and closed DH's on 9/11. Is that too soon to try again on this?

The other card I was going to do was from a mailer that came into my office. It is for Capital One Spark Business. $1000 Cash when you spend $10,000 in 3 months. Deadline for that one is Oct 22nd. But after reading the flyer it says I have to have a Business Tax ID #. Is that the same as the EIN # or do I need an actual Tax ID #. That will make a difference if I am even eligible for this card?

It might be worth a phone call. I was initially denied for both JetBlue Biz and Aviator Biz, but ended up getting approved. I had to call retention, answer some basic questions, and then send in identity verification.

OKAY Y’ALL so I called and they said I was denied for too much new credit with a Barclay’s Arrival+ in May and a Amex in June. I pointed out my newest account prior to that is 10 years old and she said well why do you need a new card if you have the Arrival+? I explained I live near an AA hub and wanted to diversify my portfolio ext ect but she said I didn’t even qualify for reconsideration because I have too many lines of credit. At 3 total ans 2 in the last year... I just gave up haha

DL CC refresh coming. OMAAT story. AFs going up in Jan. TPG says increased offers coming 10/1. Usually we see support link offers change within a week so anyone interested should hold off on applying. No idea if the offers will be good. TPG will undoubtably say the offers are the best thing ever- I read DoC’s take because he’s tracked the DL offers for a couple years now.

Last edited:

Does anybody know how the stroller size limits are actually enforced at WDW? My double stroller is 31 3/4" wide which is just over the 31" limit. Is there somebody at the gate measuring strollers and confiscating any that don't meet the limit? Or is this a more general policy that is only being enforced on those who are several inches bigger than allowed?

I have no problem following the policy as stated, but if they are being lax on the enforcement, I would prefer to use our stroller rather than buy or rent one once we are there.

I did ask this question over in the families forum, but the people over there seem to be pretty by the book and did not offer much help.

They have outlines on the pavement of the largest stroller size allowed in....I personally wouldn’t take a chance bringing it....especially since you will probably be going in to a park many times....
when we go back in December my niece is renting a double stroller since hers is too large, she wants to enjoy the trip and not worry about a stroller

Yes! Love Davina Porter! That reminds me, I still haven’t finished books 7 and 8. I also do a lot of audiobooks, since work and mom life take up most of my reading time. I’m also the weirdo who prefers running and working out to podcasts and audiobooks instead of music.

I listen to podcasts at work and while I run or work out. I sing along with music too much and get bored by it. Sometimes during a race I'll do music though if I'm in the mood.

I didn't use to either, but got on Goodreads 4-5 years ago. Plus, then I know if I'd read a book already, because sometimes I'd forget.

Maybe it's time I give audio books a try.

I have to use goodreads or I'll read something again. As it is a few months ago I checked out the same new book from the library twice in a couple weeks because I hadn't started it yet and was excited to see.the new book the 2nd time.

I can't do audio books, I enjoy the actual reading and imagination and don't want someone else's interpretation of it, that's what movies are for.

Possibly looking also for the Barclay AA Biz for both DH and I with the increased SUB. We both had the card over a year ago. I closed mine on 8/9 and closed DH's on 9/11. Is that too soon to try again on this?

Last edited:
I don’t have a CIC. I bought 3 $100 gcs and that was a mistake. My OD didn’t have $200 gcs. Does it work for gcs that you choose the amount on them? I saw some that said $50-500 and you could choose how much to put on it.

What card did you use? You could still have come out ahead if you used a good card. The BBP would have put you ahead. MSing for a Hilton free night? Freedom Unlimited?

I booked the Swan using AA miles. Does anyone know if I can add my Marriott number to the reservation? I'm not expecting Marriott points from the stay, but would like other benefits like upgrade and breakfast, if possible. Just curious.

I gave them my number. I didn't have any status to get any upgrades or anything, but it showed up in the app.

Reading - my goal is always one book a month - 12 a year. I count audio books and have come to love them. I get about an hour in the car each day with my drive to and from work. On weekends, I listen as I do laundry, clean, cook. It is much easier to fit in these books with work and life! I am always getting my books - print, ebooks and audio from the library.

I need to use Goodreads better. I have an account but do not track all of my books there. Luckily the library has my recent history and I can go back and get them tracked now.

Is there anyway to take advantage of my gold status with Marriott for a reservation under DH's name? Next year we'll use his free cert but he will just be silver. Not sure if there is anything to take advantage of. Hotel has free breakfast. But maybe we'd get a better room? Can I link two reservations - one with my name and one with his? I could use points for the second night and I think I get a points bonus being gold.

Barclays seems to have a 6/24 rule but sometimes people magically get around that (never if they currently hold 2 cards). They also don’t like it if you have one card but haven’t been putting spend on it. At the end of the day Barclays doesn’t like churners so imho apply for any Barclays Card with the mindset it could be your last.
I guess I can try with low expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter