I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I have, too. To take a slot wouldn't they have to do a hard pull and wouldn't they have to ask you first? I haven't received any emails either.
I wasn’t really worried about this change eating one of my slots but the credit karma email to my dh saying ‘you’ve been added as an AUer to someone’s target account’ was concerning for him. He’s been an AUer on that target card for 10+ years.

Finally got around to sending in DH's CIP app before bed last night and he was approved as of when I woke up this morning. Whoop 100k URs coming for us.

Also, my motherlode Jr came yesterday and I love it. I am a bit skeptical on how much will fit in there, but I love all the organization. Can't wait to try it. DD will be using it next week to go to MCO for a couple nights on Frontier. She can be my guinea pig.

I wasn’t really worried about this change eating one of my slots but the credit karma email to my dh saying ‘you’ve been added as an AUer to someone’s target account’ was concerning for him. He’s been an AUer on that target card for 10+ years.

If the “new” AU account (or your “new” primary account) shows an open date in the last 24 months then it *could* impact 5/24 right? Can you look at his CK report to see his list of open accounts and the dates?

Also, my motherlode Jr came yesterday and I love it. I am a bit skeptical on how much will fit in there, but I love all the organization. Can't wait to try it. DD will be using it next week to go to MCO for a couple nights on Frontier. She can be my guinea pig.

Mine is supposed to arrive today. I’m way more excited than I should be. DH is curious to see it as he might want his own in red.

Finally got around to sending in DH's CIP app before bed last night and he was approved as of when I woke up this morning. Whoop 100k URs coming for us.

Congrats on the quick approval party:

I have an offer on Amex - 15% back at Lowe’s (up to $15). I can buy a Disney gift card and it will be activated right?

Ooh, thanks for the heads up on this one. I found it, plus a $100 off Marriott that wasn't there before (but is probably old news for some of you). :goodvibes

Tried the Noosa? OMGosh it is so good. Like dessert good. I have it instead of ice cream.

Noosa is considered dessert in my house, too!

You should! And I GH may be one of the few stores I'll order from that I can't return in store but the few times I've done returns with them, they've been great.

I just ordered in Eco Sand and threw in a suede hobo bag I was eying. Not sure on how the color will be but I haven’t bought a new purse (not person like autocorrect changed it to 🤷‍♀️😂) in years and the last one was $20 at Old Navy.

That reminds me. I have had an LLBean visa card for years. The bank was barclay and is now changed to citi. I didn't do anything - they just sent me a new card when it happened. I wonder if that counted as a slot for me too? Now I need to go check how long ago that happened- could have been more than two years - don't really remember.

Small note to anyone who has a Bonvoy Brilliant:

Posting here and not reddit (don’t need it to get too big).

Consider asking for a retention offer when your AF comes up. Take the offer if they give one and hit the requirements. Additionally, get the Cat 6 cert, use the $300 credit (gift card if nothing else), call to downgrade to the $95 regular after you’ve received everything- id wait over one month so you don’t receive the full refund.

At that point you’ll should get a partial refund of the $450 AF. Around $400. Then, wait for an upgrade offer to occur, which should happen soon. Currrently it’s an all time high of 125k pts.

You can do the same thing I and a few others currently do with the Aspire. Which is, upgrade, get pts, wait a month, downgrade. You should be able to do this 2-4 times a year.

Like the Aspire, try to time your last upgrade just before your AF date so you can get the Cat 6 cert and $300 credit.

Any negative DPs of taking a retention offer then downgrading the Brilliant to the legacy Bonvoy? I always assume accepting a retention offer means keeping the “product” open for another year.

Those of you that have been on a Disney Cruise to Tortola, St. Thomas, and Castaway Cay........what were your favorite excursions and why? We are finally going to start planning a little more for our cruise in November and I was curious. Are Tortola and St. Thomas easy to just walk around on our own or should we stick with excursions?

Another question....when you book excursions do you go through Disney or another company?

We went through Godfrey Tours in St. Thomas, and had a great experience (booked with them, not Disney). I'm 99% sure I'll be using them again for our March 2021 cruise. They have several options (shopping/sightseeing/beach, any combination of the three). We went to Megan's Bay, which was super pretty, but crowded. I plan on going to Sapphire Beach this next time around.

I had booked a private catamaran tour in Tortola that would take us to Jost Van Dyke, before our trip was switched to a Western itinerary.

I like to book excursions on my own rather than through the cruise line. I've found that the groups are smaller (on the charter I booked in Grand Cayman, it was our group and one other family - it was AMAZING). The cruise lines sub out to the local companies anyway. I know there's the factor of knowing the ship won't leave you if you're on one of their excursions, but we've never even cut it close with the companies we've used (it's in their best interest to make sure you get back in time!).

In CC - we've rented bikes a couple of times - so much fun!! There's a long road that goes past Serenity Bay with a really pretty viewing spot at the end. It was nice and shaded also.

It was on all my MR cards (Plat, Biz Plat, BGR, Rose Gold, BBP), my wife’s Rose Gold AU, and my and DW’s Bonvoy cards. Added it to my BBP and her legacy Bonvoy (to put some spend on it).

Oh, lucky! I just checked, and it is only on my Blue Cash card (which I got thanks to this thread and the Disney GC one, and I am so happy to have), not legacy Bonvoy or Delta Blue. Still, every bit helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter