I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience with an eBags return where part of the order was paid with a gift card? I'm curious if they exact amount goes back to the GC, just so I'm prepared.

In my experience, yes. However, eBags now deducts something like $7.95/item for returns if you opt for a refund. You can avoid the return fee if you opt for the return credit, which combines your total purchase price (paid for by GC and cc) into one code that expires in a year.

In my experience, yes. However, eBags now deducts something like $7.95/item for returns if you opt for a refund. You can avoid the return fee if you opt for the return credit, which combines your total purchase price (paid for by GC and cc) into one code that expires in a year.
I think you can also pay the $7.95 for the return (have it deducted) and they give you $7.95 in rewards. I don't think I was charged multiple times when I went on my purse shopping extravaganza earlier this year :)

New CC approval story:

I have about 100K AA miles & need 160K by November. Barclays was offering 60K after one purchase (& one employee card purchase... my mom now works for me :rolleyes1) on the Aviator Business. Kind of mad I missed the 75K a few months ago but, well, I had other plans, and Citi mailers exist.

Applied 9/4, they called me 9/12 in the middle of the night, I called them back 9/13.

I have heard horror stories about talking to them but I don't really understand why. The woman asked me a couple of basic questions to confirm what was on the application & then said "okay, we can approve you for $2500." (Stated business income <$5K.) I guess it can be a problem if you outright lie on the application & forget what you said? In any event, soon I will get to enjoy what I hear is a very advanced & user-friendly website for myself... :tilt:

I can't remember, do I have a chance of an instant card number on AMEX Gold Personal? In case I get all crazy cooped up at work today? :rotfl:

Those were the colored plastic ones (I can see @MKTokyo cringing lol).
tenor.gif

Colored plastic phones belong in the toy aisle!

71MjbmVtF2L._SR500,500_.jpg

I can't remember, do I have a chance of an instant card number on AMEX Gold Personal? In case I get all crazy cooped up at work today? :rotfl:

I applied 2 weeks ago for DH (also on a Saturday). He did get the number immediately. We didn’t even need it...I just wanted to see if it would say unavailable and I could get a statement credit but nope, it showed up. The physical card came maybe 9 days later.

I applied 2 weeks ago for DH (also on a Saturday). He did get the number immediately. We didn’t even need it...I just wanted to see if it would say unavailable and I could get a statement credit but nope, it showed up. The physical card came maybe 9 days later.
I've debated too long, it would be nice to use for a few trip things but I'm sure I'm way too close to get the physical card unless they will expedite. Otherwise I will have to put everything towards my CIP, not the end of the world but it'd be nice to use organic spend on an AMEX vs CIP.

When booking international flights through the chase portal, do you prefer to book round trip or pick each leg separately? I’m playing around and the flight I’m looking at now had delta for the domestic legs. Wondering if there’s any benefit to booking those through delta with miles and using chase for the international portion.

Has anyone gotten the (Amazon) $30 off $60 on multiple cards?

I've gotten both that offer once and the 20% off offer, but I'm angling for another $30 off $60. I've unenrolled one card, deleted it, added another mr card and enrolled it this morning.

This was my first phone:
View attachment 435636
I loved that thing
Oh man, my friends all had razors! It wasn't the free phone with contract so I didn't get one. It was when my sister got her first phone and she wanted it so badly but the sales guy talked my parents out of it, saying there was a reason it had been bumped down to a free one :rotfl: he implied they were junk. Obviously we have no personal experience lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter