I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 435430

I am once again a UR Millionaire!!! :D I thought it wouldn't be as special the 2nd time (after I spent a bunch of points and dipped under)...but NOPE I'm just as excited the 2nd time!! One of these days I'll cash out a ton of them if I can't find a better use, but a quick $10k wouldn't be bad either in a pinch!

You, sir, are a hoarder.

You, sir, are a hoarder.
Guilty as charged! But an amazing hoarder :D 🤣

UnnaturalGlitteringBull-size_restricted.gif

I think I might be in the minority--I'm excited. Several of the nonprofits to which I belong accept PayPal and I have a small cruise payoff-around $750 so if I use Chase pay to buy WM gc, then I can use that at Sam's and knock around 9% off. Not a lot, but nothing to sneeze at either. Since I have 2 CFs, that's 15K UR with spend I'd be making already. Bring on October :)
I need t figure out how to use chase pay

It’s funny you say that because I thought the same thing! Then I pressed my face up to the glass to see if I could see anything and then I was like “Friday the 13th and a full moon... this is how I die.”

You need to get a flashlight, not your phone, and press it against the glass to see if that helps you see. So weird.

@Haley R check out your public charter schools. We didn’t like the public schools and were planning to home school but dd got into the public charter school. We love our school! Yes it’s a public school but we do a lot of fundraising.
We have a public charter school and actually my neighbor teachers there. They do a lottery system so there would be no guarantee I could get our kids into it. That’s actually where I’m trying to sub because the public schools have been absolutely horrible about getting back to me. I’m about ready to sub already at the charter school.

We actually have a highly rated elementary right across the street so I’m not too worried about sending our kids there. I was just interested in finding out more about homeschooling since so many of you do it. Dh and I did read about it and I think we’re gonna stick with public schools and I’ll do supplemental or enrichment extras at home.

DONT DEAD OPEN INSIDE?

What does that mean?
Well... one would gather that it might mean that you do not want to open the door. And the reason is because there are dead inside... 🤣 🤣 🤣

It’s a memorable scene from the 1st episode of the walking dead on AMC (and the comic book by the same name the preceded it) where we first see the zombies.

You get the Jr? I’m getting each my kids ones for the holidays

I’ve stayed at Hilton. It’s large enough you’ll be fine sneaking them in. Might be kinda tight quarters I don’t remember the room being overly large but you should fly under the radar

Yes, I got the junior. I wanted it to be small enough to fit under seats as a personal item to fly frontier without paying extra fees.

I thought it was you who had told me before we could sneak the kids in. We won't really ever be in the room, so we can deal with the size, I think.

Has anyone gone fishing for a retention offer on the SPG Lux/Bonvoy Brilliant? I expect my 2nd year AF to post at the close of this current statement.

I saw a DP that Amex offered 30k Marriott points for $3k spend over 3 months, or $100 credit after $2.5k spend in 3 months.

Considering Marriott points are much harder to earn through SUBs nowadays, it’s not a bad play if you’re going to keep the card anyway.

But I wonder if downgrading to the discontinued, legacy SPG/Bonvoy Amex will let you (1) get the 50k FN cert (or will you get the 35k FN cert, since “your account must be open and not in default at the time of the Free Night Award e-certificate issuance”), and (2) get targeted for upgrade offers back up to the Brilliant (offering a lucrative 100k-125k Marriott points), which it seems you’re excluded from while still holding the Brilliant?

If yes to the above two, then the latter option seems to be the better strategy.

ETA or a third way, assuming you don’t get the 50k FN cert if you’ve downgraded the Brilliant to the legacy Bonvoy, I could hold the Brilliant long enough for the 50k FN cert to deposit, downgrade to the legacy Bonvoy, and hopefully open myself up to upgrade offers when I’m no longer holding the Brilliant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter