I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use discounted gift cards, make sure to load them before you make the reservation and use them on the deposit or pay up front. You can’t use them to pay for the remaining balance. At least that was my experience.

Yes, airbnb wouldn't let me change the payment method for the remaining balance on an existing reservation earlier this year when Chase cards had an airbnb offer.

Today my friends...is a GOOD day!

FIRST - It's Friday!
SECOND - It's a High School Football Friday!

Oh and yeah...a little thing happened overnight on my CIP:
View attachment 435429

And then I did a little transferring... and THIS happened:
View attachment 435430

I am once again a UR Millionaire!!! :D I thought it wouldn't be as special the 2nd time (after I spent a bunch of points and dipped under)...but NOPE I'm just as excited the 2nd time!! One of these days I'll cash out a ton of them if I can't find a better use, but a quick $10k wouldn't be bad either in a pinch!
What a BEAUTIFUL number, two commas!

Yep, it works out to 1.25% fee for $4K of spend (if you spend exactly $2K on the first payment). I think Forex is another international payment option.
Forex stands for Foreign Exchange. I assume it would involve Plastiq sending your payment in another country's currency. There's a cost associated with doing this so I assume Plastiq is making a larger margin on those type of payments (hence why they are incetivizing them).

Thanks! And am I reading this correctly in the terms, just for the regular check through the mail payments, the min is $2k and max is $20k? I didn’t see anywhere in the email that told what the expiration would be for the FFD, but I’m curious to know if they would be valid for spring semester tuition payments. Any thoughts on this? I’ll probably pay one tuition bill in early Dec. and the other in early Jan.

@bernina-

I'm sure @calypso726 has several EDI recommendations. I think you have a little one and my go to is more about the spa- The Grand Sheraton Hotel and Spa.
In St Andrews, my regular inn is The Albany Inn which has a couple of “family” rooms- the one we always reserve has a king that can be separated and a little room with a twin and an outside porch- love it. Look online for photos if it sounds like that would work-I know there’s another family room that might be larger. They have the worst ever free breakfast lol so DD and I would walk down the street to the coffee shop where Will and Kate would meet for coffee- the North Point Cafe..love their hot chocolate. :)

Thanks @tink1970 @calypso726 and @Limes96 !!

I’ve bookmarked these posts (love that feature on the new boards!) and will be researching tonight!!

Thanks! And am I reading this correctly in the terms, just for the regular check through the mail payments, the min is $2k and max is $20k? I didn’t see anywhere in the email that told what the expiration would be for the FFD, but I’m curious to know if they would be valid for spring semester tuition payments. Any thoughts on this? I’ll probably pay one tuition bill in early Dec. and the other in early Jan.
So here's the email and my understanding of it:
Get up to 72,000 Plastiq Fee Free dollars ( FFDs) to use towards future payments.
Here’s how it works, from September 11th to September 26th you can make a single payment in any or all of the categories below and earn up to 72,000 FFDs. The Plastiq FFDs will be applied to customer accounts on October 15th or earlier (customers will be notified via email to confirm the FFDs have been credited).
  • (1x) For domestic check, wire, or ACH payments: make a single payment of at least $2,000, and Plastiq will credit you 2,000 FFDs.
  • (1.5x) For international payments: make a single payment of $20,000 or more to a new international recipient using our new service, and Plastiq will credit you 30,000 FFDs.
  • (2x) For Forex payments: make a single payment of $20,000 or more via our Forex program, and Plastiq will credit you 40,000 FFDs.
So each of these categories is separate. The up to 72,000 FFDs part implies that you hit ALL 3 categories. I'd assume for ALL of us here we would ONLY be using this in category 1 so your max earnings on this promotion for pretty much everybody here is $2,000 in FFDs.

To earn your $2,000 FFDs you need to make at least ONE payment of $2,000 or more. IT does not seem that multiple payments that add up to $2,000 will work. It also seems clear that making multiple payments of $2k will not result in any additional earnings. So this is basically a one-time "pay $2k get $2k" promotion.

Hopefully that's clear :D I definitely read it a few times myself.

Thanks @tink1970 @calypso726 and @Limes96 !!

I’ve bookmarked these posts (love that feature on the new boards!) and will be researching tonight!!

I have stayed at the Radisson Blu Edinburgh Royal Mile at least three times and would recommend based on location and the fact that they specifically have family rooms. As mentioned in my post from a little while ago, if DD ends up at university in Edinburgh, I'm also going to give the Hilton that is just across the Royal Mile from the Radisson Blu a look, but I have not stayed there, so no first-hand knowledge as of now.

ETA: Just went back and fixed the formatting for my post on the previous page. Now all my replies aren't buried....

Today my friends...is a GOOD day!

FIRST - It's Friday!
SECOND - It's a High School Football Friday!

Oh and yeah...a little thing happened overnight on my CIP:
View attachment 435429

And then I did a little transferring... and THIS happened:
View attachment 435430

I am once again a UR Millionaire!!! :D I thought it wouldn't be as special the 2nd time (after I spent a bunch of points and dipped under)...but NOPE I'm just as excited the 2nd time!! One of these days I'll cash out a ton of them if I can't find a better use, but a quick $10k wouldn't be bad either in a pinch!
:worship: :worship:....that’s amazing....I’ve earned 1M URs since5/18, but have transferred some to SW and booked 5 trips in 2br Villas....still have around 500k Ieft

And while I'm hating on TPG... how about this little gem...or wait?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-business-green-current-offer/
  • The Headline: Amex Business Green Card now offering up to 150,000 points in the first 3 months
  • The TERRIBLE first line of the article: Amex has been stepping up its business credit card welcome offers as of late.
BUT I actually have to give them credit from there... They aren't all-in on this great offer - they actually give a lot of reasons not to apply. BUT all of those reasons point to people using TPG's link to apply for a Business Platinum card INSTEAD.

At any rate, I'll give him a little bit of credit on this one...since he doesn't sound like a complete shill :D 😂

Does anyone have the Away Large? We don’t normally do carry on (just backpacks) and I need a new full sized since one of the wheels on mine is cracking where it attaches to the hard side case. They’re so pretty but 3x the cost of the samsonite I picked up from Marshall’s 4 or so years ago.

:offtopic: I want to pull my hair out!!! Obviously, it's FP booking day. To my surprise! I checked just in case I could snag the first day's worth since we have arrival night at CSR but tomorrow was supposed to be the main FP booking day for the next 3 nights of the trip (BC) of my fam's Nov trip. Went on today and all 3 of our back to back stays are eligible for FP booking. That's absolutely not how it worked last year! Seizing the opportunity I just spent 90 mins making 4 days worth of FP (CL FP for the other days thank God). 90 mins for FOUR DAYS BECAUSE THEIR TECHNOLOGY IS SO CRAP. And I had my bag of tricks, I may not have been totally mentally prepped to do this today but I had my computer, my alternate browser and my iphone working on this mess. DISNEY I KNOW THERE IS A FP FOR LIVING WITH THE LAND 65 DAYS FROM NOW BETWEEN 10-10:30 AM. I KNOW IT'S THERE YOU $#&*%&$#!!* MACHINE SO SHOW ME :headache:

...good thing I leave for a solo vacation to wdw tomorrow. I need a break from this nonsense :rolleyes1

If a Southwest flight is paid for entirely with a gift card can you pay for early boarding or something to get CSP Trip Insurance to cover it? I feel like no but thought I'd ask the experts...

Get up to 72,000 Plastiq Fee Free dollars ( FFDs) to use towards future payments.
Here’s how it works, from September 11th to September 26th you can make a single payment in any or all of the categories below and earn up to 72,000 FFDs. The Plastiq FFDs will be applied to customer accounts on October 15th or earlier (customers will be notified via email to confirm the FFDs have been credited).

• (1x) For domestic check, wire, or ACH payments: make a single payment of at least $2,000, and Plastiq will credit you 2,000 FFDs.
  • (1.5x) For international payments: make a single payment of $20,000 or more to a new international recipient using our new service, and Plastiq will credit you 30,000 FFDs.
  • (2x) For Forex payments: make a single payment of $20,000 or more via our Forex program, and Plastiq will credit you 40,000 FFDs.
So each of these categories is separate. The up to 72,000 FFDs part implies that you hit ALL 3 categories. I'd assume for ALL of us here we would ONLY be using this in category 1 so your max earnings on this promotion for pretty much everybody here is $2,000 in FFDs.

To earn your $2,000 FFDs you need to make at least ONE payment of $2,000 or more. IT does not seem that multiple payments that add up to $2,000 will work. It also seems clear that making multiple payments of $2k will not result in any additional earnings. So this is basically a one-time "pay $2k get $2k" promotion.

The thing confusing me is this part in small print underneath:
  • You can make a single payment in each category and earn up to 72,000 FFDs: 20,000 FFDs for a domestic check, wire, or ACH payment, 30,000 FFDs for an international payment to a new recipient, 40,000 FFDs for a Forex payment.
This makes it sound like if you make a $20k payment, you’ll get 20k fee free $. But then in the main part of the offer,
This makes it sound like 2k is the max AND the min. I’m confused.

:offtopic: I want to pull my hair out!!! Obviously, it's FP booking day. To my surprise! I checked just in case I could snag the first day's worth since we have arrival night at CSR but tomorrow was supposed to be the main FP booking day for the next 3 nights of the trip (BC) of my fam's Nov trip. Went on today and all 3 of our back to back stays are eligible for FP booking. That's absolutely not how it worked last year! Seizing the opportunity I just spent 90 mins making 4 days worth of FP (CL FP for the other days thank God). 90 mins for FOUR DAYS BECAUSE THEIR TECHNOLOGY IS SO CRAP. And I had my bag of tricks, I may not have been totally mentally prepped to do this today but I had my computer, my alternate browser and my iphone working on this mess. DISNEY I KNOW THERE IS A FP FOR LIVING WITH THE LAND 65 DAYS FROM NOW BETWEEN 10-10:30 AM. I KNOW IT'S THERE YOU $#&*%&$#!!* MACHINE SO SHOW ME :headache:

...good thing I leave for a solo vacation to wdw tomorrow. I need a break from this nonsense :rolleyes1
I am so happy you got the FP+ for the entire trip! Booking them has really gotten bad. I have been having the same issue where it only shows 3 times for the entire day. It takes a lot of weird maneuvering and manipulation to get it "perfect!"

• You can make a single payment in each category and earn up to 72,000 FFDs: 20,000 FFDs for a domestic check, wire, or ACH payment, 30,000 FFDs for an international payment to a new recipient, 40,000 FFDs for a Forex payment.
This makes it sound like if you make a $20k payment, you’ll get 20k fee free $. But then in the main part of the offer,
But if that 20k for domestic check isn't an error, the max points would have to be 90k, so I think someone got a little zero happy in the small print and messed up.

But if that 20k for domestic check isn't an error, the max points would have to be 90k, so I think someone got a little zero happy in the small print and messed up.
I see where the confusion is now. Wow - that’s quite a typo. I would not expect to get more than 2k... still strange though haha.

Ooooh I did like the paypal couch MS last year - sending "my wife" money :D. But that was when I had 4 Freedoms, muahahaha!! Now I sadly only have 2 Freedoms. Due to some PCs I'm currently sporting the following card setup:
  • Wife = CSP, CF, CSR, CFU
  • Me = CSR, CF
  • (this of course doesn't include our Chase Biz cards)
I'll still have to look into it though even on the 2 Freedoms!
There’s a fee to pay by credit card to a person on PayPal, right? Did you just see that as the cost of MS?
ETA: Just read your reply further down.
ETA2: PayPal fee is 2.9% + 0.30. I need to get a CF for this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter