• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were there I kept putting the bottles away every day... like the first day I hadn't used them yet and DH doesn't use the conditioner so I put it in my bag. Came back to 2 new bottles, put those away. Next day... came back to 1 new conditioner, and they'd tossed the bottles that were in the shower even though they weren't close to empty yet :confused3 I've never had anywhere throw out the bottles in the shower mid trip like that.
LOL this was me on our June visit to Saratoga Springs..... I kept squirreling away the small bottles of H2O daily,and kept coming back to more! Housekeeping must have assumed we used a lot b/c they were doubling it all.... I always put it away so they'll give me more....:hippie:

I looked at a math program that like that but didn't go with it. It is MathUSee dot com. For math we are using Khan Academy.
Lang Arts- I have a workbook from amazon
Spelling- workbook from amazon
Geography, Chem/Phys, art- allinonehomeschool dot com
Spanish- duolingo
culinary arts- stuff from the web...this is more a life skill I am working on for him
typing- typing club dot com
math facts- xtramath dot com
reading comprehension- readworks dot org
Thanks for sharing all of those! The only one I've heard of is Xtra Math. They used that a lot at the school I used to sub at. I also really like Reading Eggs, but it costs money.

Chase login q. I want to get targeted for a pre-qual offer (LOL- who doesn't want a chance to dodge a Chase Shutdown?). My personal login has only personal cards and my personal investment account. The only offers I ever see are Chase Business Cards (with a note we haven't found any offers for you today), Chase for Business (Business Lending) and Chase Merchant Services. Is anyone else with a personal account only over see these "offers"? I'm worried that because I linked a business checking account (long since closed) to the profile I might have screwed up my chance at pre-qual offers?

She said that since she has already spent $5000 on just flights and hotel, she can't justify it. I feel a little guilty that we've gotten our flights, hotel and park tickets 100% covered by points.
Feel 0% guilty. You've worked hard to do that.

Agree with @gottalovepluto. I was talking about Japan next year with someone at work the other day and another coworker said he needed to get married to have a double income. He wasn't trying to be snarky or anything, but I'm sure they all think my husband must make a ton of money with the vacations we take since they all know what I make (publicly available salaries). I wanted to say that I hadn't spent anything on this trip yet other than the $120 or so on taxes for the flights.

Oh no! I'm sorry that happened. Interestingly, when I was looking for info about Delta Vacations (and buying insurance and canceling), what I found through Google was people complaining about getting a voucher rather than their miles back (which makes sense without the double redemption).

I'm guessing from the hold that was on my reservation because of the park tickets that Delta Vacations is scrutinizing these bookings. What I don't know is whether that's just because these are unusual bookings but otherwise okay, or whether these booking managed to slip through some cracks that will be addressed when/if there is another promotion.
Right. Everything I read said I’d get the points back as a voucher. I’m so confused and totally bummed. My dates were 99% confirmed but that nagging concern that we may not be totally set was why I cancelled for the voucher. Turns out I could have just booked my dates as those are set now and never needed to cancel.

the socializing question has been put to rest longggg ago...:thumbsup2 in fact when mine were young our biggestproblem was all the opportunities we had to say NO to....there was just too much going on all the time! (I myself hosted a general meetupgroup,book clubs,art clubs,etc) over the years. @Andysol looks like you're living the dream with your adorable fam.... now following you on IG! (BTW I love those suitcases and packs, maybe one day if my current stuff wears out,if it ever does...)
I feel like even if we didn't do book clubs or anything like that (not saying we wouldn't) our kids would still be social because they would be in sports and stuff. I'm not sure how the school here works, but the school I subbed at would let homeschool kids come in for any class. In 4th grade, there was a boy that came just for specials (art, music, pe, guidance), science, math, and social studies and then he left for the day. I wonder if the school next to me does that?

Cfu pcd! I waited until the statement cut since tech if it had an af it would have hit Sept 1 and it was only a few more days to wait so I figured might as well. Now to see how long until the $450 af hits. I did have to move some credit since it didn't have a 10k limit but once I did it was fine.

Now to remember how to do PP. Is there a site to go to or do I need to wait to get my stuff, I already forgot from 2 years ago.

Can someone help me find out more info on this. I did some searching and from what I'm gathering you product changed (pc'd) the Freedom Unlimited to a Reserve? I'm KICKING myself for not getting the research and now have approx. 28 months till I can get it. If I could get it earlier, that would be amazing, even if I forgot getting the sign up bonus.

And PP is propriety pass right? For lounges? I thought those no longer got you in? I'm feeling so lost lol...

Thanks to all who chimed in on Southwest cp cancellation. I just worked a little magic, and assuming that I can find a use for the travel bank funds I just got back (no current plans, but I have until next July to use them), I think my flights for 4 to Orlando just before Christmas are costing me something like $45 out of pocket.

This was a cash booking, using Luv voucher and gift cards and other assorted methods of payment, so its a little hard to track exactly how much the different currencies actually cost me, so that $45 might be a little high :rotfl: .

So now I need to think about whether I should shoot for getting APs to USO - if we have travel bank funds, its more likely that we will be back there within the year!

I feel like even if we didn't do book clubs or anything like that (not saying we wouldn't) our kids would still be social because they would be in sports and stuff. I'm not sure how the school here works, but the school I subbed at would let homeschool kids come in for any class. In 4th grade, there was a boy that came just for specials (art, music, pe, guidance), science, math, and social studies and then he left for the day. I wonder if the school next to me does that?

I think this is becoming more main stream. This is the option I'm looking at for my son. He's go from like 7:30am-9:30am, 2 periods, then my husband would pick him up on the way home from work and he'd work on stuff at home or we even have a hybrid school he could go to. The social part of school is a lot of the problem but at the same time, there are kids there he enjoys seeing too (mostly girls lol). He plays sports as well.

Yes! IDK why it has gotten so much worse. FWIW I am loving uBlock Origin for the past 2.5 hours I have had it enabled. I don't notice any speed issues with pages loading and everything seems to be working ok. Look at all the ads I have blocked so far :scared1:

View attachment 435078

I use safari so I’ll check out to see whether it’s compatible—thanks!

I downloaded Ad Blocker but it does nothing for the redirects. Turning off java works but then I can’t bookmark, multi-quote, and it messes up most other websites. I’ve noticed less traffic on the other topics here on the dis so hopefully the owners of the site fix it since it’s hitting their pocket. It’s gotten ridiculous how often it happens.
I’ve seen posts on tech board since redesign and nothing—I get the feeling they don’t care.

Workplace violence is never the answer...
giphy.gif
I can set the building on fire.

Can someone help me find out more info on this. I did some searching and from what I'm gathering you product changed (pc'd) the Freedom Unlimited to a Reserve? I'm KICKING myself for not getting the research and now have approx. 28 months till I can get it. If I could get it earlier, that would be amazing, even if I forgot getting the sign up bonus.

And PP is propriety pass right? For lounges? I thought those no longer got you in? I'm feeling so lost lol...

Not sure if there's info on dischurners, but you can pc a cf, cfu or csp to a csr as long as you've had that card a year.and have available credit.

Yes priority pass for airport lounges. The restaurants are the only thimg that's been pulled not the lounges. And I can't remember if that was just amex or chase too.

Thanks - where did you see that? Can you link it?

I found it. It's the last item at the bottom of the page in Wiki. There are 3 linked posts - 1 from Calypso and 2 from me.

I'm gradually making my way through all the content and format of the site and right now, getting easily turned around. But I've got time to learn.

I think this is becoming more main stream. This is the option I'm looking at for my son. He's go from like 7:30am-9:30am, 2 periods, then my husband would pick him up on the way home from work and he'd work on stuff at home or we even have a hybrid school he could go to. The social part of school is a lot of the problem but at the same time, there are kids there he enjoys seeing too (mostly girls lol). He plays sports as well.
I'll have to look and see if our school next to us lets kids come just for specials since it's an elementary school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter