I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gotten easier to wing it now that I have no little littles :D My college kid is completely self-sufficient and my high schooler is mostly self-sufficient. I just micro manage her lol. I just need to crack the whip on my ds11 or else he won't be prepared for middle school level work in two years so that is a goal for this year :rotfl:
My oldest is in 8th this year and I'm having a bit of a freak out that high school is next year. Like it's SERIOUS now. 😂 I may have to get some high school advice from you at some point.

I may be a jerk - but I never would want to look like one 😂 😉

Haha - thanks for weighing in. I booked my flights for this trip on SW with points and used the CSR for the $5.60. What additional benefits/protection would this give me on my Disney hotel booked with AA miles? I'm just trying to think it all through :D (I mean, I guess the purpose is to refund my cost if I have to cancel due to weather but how would they “refund” my AA miles... 🤔)
Oh, I thought AA was flight and hotel. If you did SW fees with CSR, then you’re covered. No need to do anything through AA. SW will cover flights, food, hotel, etc. for trip delay, you’re set.

If your trip gets cancelled, they should also cover flights and hotel. You’ll just need to provide a dollar amount. So save that info.

You are so gonna have me spending money I don't need to spend lol! I may have to go for it. I love minnie and I need that magnet. Perfect for my fridge :)

Oh, I thought AA was flight and hotel. If you did SW fees with CSR, then you’re covered. No need to do anything through AA. SW will cover flights, food, hotel, etc. for trip delay, you’re set.

If your trip gets cancelled, they’ll also cover flights and hotel. But they’ll assign a point value. I forget what. Likely 1 cent per point.
I think most of us looking at AA are doing the throwaway rental car option to access the better redemption rate vs. Hotels only on useaamiles. It's weird, but it works, LOL! I ended up putting $9.90 on my CSR although it seems that it will achieve nothing. Trip cancellation likely wouldn't get me back my AA miles unfortunately.

We are the first people in the DME bus. Wondering how long they'll make us wait. I swear when we took this late flight in back in April they put 9 different resorts on our bus...

You kids and your hurricane watching... for me its tornadoes. Must be the midwestern kid in me. Not much lead up to those though :scared:

I just bought the Minnie Chef passholder magnet on eBay. $8.95 shipped isn't too bad for something that is free. If only I had an MSR...
I wonder what the coasters will go for... that is crazy about simba :faint:
DISCHURNERS REMINDER - Introduce Yourself v2.0
A new thread was created to talk a little bit about yourself::
DISchurners - Introduce Yourself... v2.0

Some of these have been really neat to read. And SOME of you apparently don't want us to know anymore about you. Live a little - share some info - it's good for the soul, LOL!
I'm antisocial

:rotfl:

Really I've been meaning to post but... you're gonna have to wait longer lol

I just spent 2 weeks traveling through Italy with my DS 16, DSIL 18, and DMIL. I used my arrival + to erase cheap flights to Paris, URs for short/cheap flights to Italy and a free night at hotels .com for our last night in Paris. The rest of the time we stayed in the most magical air bnbs paid for with cash. As I was working on my scrapbook I started thinking about all the time I had spent into planning this trip and then I kept hearing everyone say “I can’t believe we just keep running into these beautiful places” not knowing that I was navigating us the entire time. I usually like to plan more time to just wander the streets without a destination, but with this travel party it just wasn’t a good idea. I figure most people on this board are planners like me so I thought I would ask - do you feel like being the person who does all of the planning takes away some of the magic of discovery on vacation and what do you do to help that not happen? The planning is a big part of what I enjoy about vacations so I would never want to let that go, but I’m wondering if I sometimes do too much research which leaves me without that element of surprise.

Great question. It's actually something I think about now and then. I'm also the one who plans things out. Part of me wants to just plan less and discover more, even if it's not optimal in the end. But then I think about the stress level of those in my family and how better things are when there is a solid plan and we follow it. My trip next week will be an experiment in "winging it" much more than normal, and I still have a list of things we might want to do and see and info on how to get there. I also think it's easier when you have a week somewhere, as opposed to a day or two (which is kind of how we roll at this point). I do think that all the planning takes away some of the surprise factor, but someone needs to do it for my family to really enjoy a trip, and that someone is me. DD has traveled with her college friends, and just walked around cities in Europe, doing whatever they felt like doing, and she said it was amazing. Maybe I'm too much of a control freak, but I also think that we all just do better with a plan. Clearly this is something I'm working on at the moment. ;)

You are so gonna have me spending money I don't need to spend lol! I may have to go for it. I love minnie and I need that magnet. Perfect for my fridge :)
I know, she is so cute! I was able to collect a majority of them by actually visiting WDW (had to buy Figment on eBay)

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 1.45.43 AM.png

Since I have them all up until today's release I cannot have an incomplete set 😂 I will watch for a decent priced Simba. I don't think I can justify more than $12. I may also need a new place to start displaying them LOL

DISCHURNERS REMINDER - Introduce Yourself v2.0
A new thread was created to talk a little bit about yourself::
DISchurners - Introduce Yourself... v2.0

Some of these have been really neat to read. And SOME of you apparently don't want us to know anymore about you. Live a little - share some info - it's good for the soul, LOL!
Oh, sorry, I forgot!! Been busy with kids and trying to escape lol! I'm going to try to make time this weekend.

We are the first people in the DME bus. Wondering how long they'll make us wait. I swear when we took this late flight in back in April they put 9 different resorts on our bus...
Thinking you are on the same flight we were on a few weeks ago cause we landed at like 1:20am FL time. We were on the Pop bus and they didn't load anyone but us and AoA on our bus. I was SHOCKED. Was pretty much expecting a tour of all the resorts at that time of the morning. It was actually way better for us than when we land in the middle of the day .

I know, she is so cute! I was able to collect a majority of them by actually visiting WDW (had to buy Figment on eBay)

View attachment 430931

Since I have them all up until today's release I cannot have an incomplete set 😂 I will watch for a decent priced Simba. I don't think I can justify more than $12. I may also need a new place to start displaying them LOL
Did DVC send you that one or did you have to buy? I got a 'welcome home' kit from them and it said something about including a small token of their appreciation but there wasn't anything! I'm like, 'what is that token!?!'. I know I bought the smallest and cheapest contract they offered but don't tease me like that!!

Did DVC send you that one or did you have to buy? I got a 'welcome home' kit from them and it said something about including a small token of their appreciation but there wasn't anything! I'm like, 'what is that token!?!'. I know I bought the smallest and cheapest contract they offered but don't tease me like that!!
Yes, the magnet was included in the FedEx box with the paperwork. There was a gold sleeve that said "get ready to stay magical year after year." If you pull the welcome home tab it came out on a blue card. The gold sleeve was tucked inside of the yellow folder of documents to "keep for your records." There was a ton of adhesive on the back of it. I used goo gone, but it also took some of the black magnet's finish off. Still sticks fine!

I would call your guide if you did not get one 😂 Disney also sells something that looks like this where you can put the year on it, but free is always better!

Yes, the magnet was included in the FedEx box with the paperwork. There was a gold sleeve that said "get ready to stay magical year after year." If you pull the welcome home tab it came out on a blue card. The gold sleeve was tucked inside of the yellow folder of documents to "keep for your records."

I would call your guide if you did not get one 😂 Disney also sells something that looks like this where you can put the year on it, but free is always better!
Hmm, I'll have to go digging! This was in a little box I got last week:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter